Mower Decks - Wheels vs Rollers ?

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
propane1 Canada

Re: Mower Decks - Wheels vs Rollers ?

Post by propane1 »

Picture of the adjustment of the roller on the MF7 mowing deck.

Noel
Attachments
IMG_7545.jpeg
IMG_7544.jpeg
IMG_7543.jpeg
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

propane1 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:21 am Picture of the adjustment of the roller on the MF7 mowing deck.

Noel
Noel, it reminds me of a deck that was on my old GE Elec Trac mower, except the mower was in front of tractor. Now that was one heavy and well built tractor. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Thanks for all the comments and appreciate the photos Noel... :wave2:
Y'all have almost convinced me I should plan for a patch of perfectly flat well manicured lawn up at the property so I can put the mower deck back on Grandpa and let him show his stripes... so to speak :spin:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
ssmewing United States of America

Post by ssmewing »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:22 am I hated microfiches . Not a big fan of try to read off a screen , but like how you can print off one or two pages and have there right at the machine . Paper back manuals were great if broken down by section and in a binder . A 2-3" thick manual was a pain at times . The one dealor ship I worked at when aprenticeing would not let techs take the manuals into the shop . The service manager would have copies of the section you needed ready with the work order .
I find it so easy to find any of the manuals or a parts list that I just Google it when I need it. I then just print what I need. Then if they get dirty or whatever I can just recycle them.

I tidbit I found is that the Owner's Manual does have the same wiring diagram as the parts list for the tractor. But, the Owner's Manual has the wire colors with the wiring diagram and the parts manual does not have the wire colors.

I have a tractor in my garage now that had not only a strange selection of replacement wiring but almost every wire was chewed on by the mice who lived in the tractor for what must have been years. The mouse piss corroded the carb throat so badly that I had to get a different used one. So, I have all the wires laid out and I will build a new wiring harness. The trick to staying nice is you must buy high-end electrical tape. The cheap tape does all kinds of bad things under the environment it lives in.
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

ssmewing wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:55 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:22 am I hated microfiches . Not a big fan of try to read off a screen , but like how you can print off one or two pages and have there right at the machine . Paper back manuals were great if broken down by section and in a binder . A 2-3" thick manual was a pain at times . The one dealor ship I worked at when aprenticeing would not let techs take the manuals into the shop . The service manager would have copies of the section you needed ready with the work order .
I find it so easy to find any of the manuals or a parts list that I just Google it when I need it. I then just print what I need. Then if they get dirty or whatever I can just recycle them.

I tidbit I found is that the Owner's Manual does have the same wiring diagram as the parts list for the tractor. But, the Owner's Manual has the wire colors with the wiring diagram and the parts manual does not have the wire colors.

I have a tractor in my garage now that had not only a strange selection of replacement wiring but almost every wire was chewed on by the mice who lived in the tractor for what must have been years. The mouse piss corroded the carb throat so badly that I had to get a different used one. So, I have all the wires laid out and I will build a new wiring harness. The trick to staying nice is you must buy high-end electrical tape. The cheap tape does all kinds of bad things under the environment it lives in.
Some pics of your project GT would be terrific. Instead of tape I’ve been using shrink tubing. Good to hear from you chime in more often. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226