AHRM48 mower deck

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
Spike188 Canada

Re: AHRM48 mower deck

Post by Spike188 »

Tim, I had never thought about putting the Burco blower on the 4118. The blower would need a pressure relief valve added but that would be a quick fix. You have given me more reason to work on putting the dishevel tractor back into shape.

Spike
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Spike188 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:14 am Tim, I had never thought about putting the Burco blower on the 4118. The blower would need a pressure relief valve added but that would be a quick fix. You have given me more reason to work on putting the dishevel tractor back into shape.

Spike
Hadn't thought about the relief valve, but if the 2800psi system one is too much.

I would sure like to follow you and see that sad tractor brought back to life, but I don't want to push you into a project either. You probably don't need any help in that department. :))

I think there's a answer to a motor for the deck out there, just need to find it. I've found a couple of hydraulic motors I think would work but shaft length is too short. My last resort thought was to make a bracket and mount the motor on top of the deck. :hm:
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Yesterday I brought in my rear mowing deck. I took a pic and disassembled most of it. I will be testing the hydraulic motor on the back of my 646 PTO later this week to see if it turns and if it leaks oil.

Keep the Peace
Harry
Attachments
Ultra hydraulic motor
Ultra hydraulic motor
Identification
Identification
Deck mostly disassembled
Deck mostly disassembled
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226

Post by Timj »

Thought I'd throw a pic of the top view of the AHRM48 with covers removed in.
KIMG0173.JPG
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

So at the end of the train it still has a belt. Where does the motor hook into the mechanism here?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Eugen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:23 pm So at the end of the train it still has a belt. Where does the motor hook into the mechanism here?
Bottom of the picture, follow the hoses under the square plate with the pulley in the center of it. The motor is under that pulley.

:cheers:
Gordy
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

On the 3pt HRM48H model the hydraulic motor sets in the front with a small belt between the center pulley and the motor pulley. A long belt then connects the spindle pulleys to the drive pulley which is the center pulley and there is only one idler pulley. I'll post a pic after I get it back together.

Keep the Peace
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226

Post by Timj »

In many ways you can see why the All Hydraulic tractors didn't pan out well for Ingersoll, and why they were only made for two years. Sticking with them and working the bugs out would have probably made it a better system but would have been costly and probably not cost effective for them.

While just hooking up hoses was quick and easy, it only replaced the clutch and main drive belt and adjustment. They were sold as "beltless" but they still needed them in the mowers.

Short hydraulic motor life and performance issues left many disappointed. That being said, mine worked very well for many years. I didn't have any trouble with thick grass or even up hill with the Hydra vac also on. My wife ran it for her lawn care business for a few years too. It still works but you have to slow down in the thick grass and the blades will stall out when coming up hill.

I believe that a contributing factor in loss of blade speed on hills has to do with how the system is designed. The oil goes to the PTO valve and deck motor first, if the Hydra-vac is on then that, then back to the TCV then to the drive motor. The resistance/higher pressure of the drive motor slows the flow of oil through the hydraulic motor in deck. As the deck motor wears it becomes more of an issue.

As oil temperature increases, performance decreases, but this an issue with all hydraulic driven systems.

There are good things about the All Hydraulic's that would have been nice if Ingersoll had worked into a couple models built for more demanding use. Like the higher output hydraulic pump and the larger front mounted oil cooler. Also, the two section hydraulic pump with dedicated pump for the power steering.

All that being said, they are what we have to work with, and I do really like my All Hydraulic.
:geek: Tim
Seabee United States of America

Post by Seabee »

Well Tim,

I made the switch! I will get the good out of the other site as best I can, and move toward this one. Are we saying the motor in the AH 3 point deck is the same motor as the AH RM48? If so I know where a spare may be hiding!

Bill Moyer

I guess I should go up top and introduce myself!
Bill Moyer

Post by Timj »

Bill, I have read that they used the same motor in a couple of different threads. They just changed the pulley size, 7" for standard, 6.4 for AH. I have not confirmed it. I'll get in the manuals and see if I can find anything out.
My only thought is the three point mowers were made before and after the AH tractors, so the motor may be lower displacement to match the regular tractors. Definitely have to look into this.

If you can get some info off that motor it would be great.

Harry has a thread here on his hrm48h, we'll have to see if we can find the displacement of that Ultra motor.
:writing: Tim