AHRM48 mower deck

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
Timj United States of America

Re: AHRM48 mower deck

Post by Timj »

Seabee wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:50 pm Well Tim,

I made the switch! I will get the good out of the other site as best I can, and move toward this one. Are we saying the motor in the AH 3 point deck is the same motor as the AH RM48? If so I know where a spare may be hiding!

Bill Moyer

I guess I should go up top and introduce myself!
You don't have to, but why not throw up a quick little intro. :thumbsup:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:

Post by Timj »

ÀH guy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:32 pm Bill, I have read that they used the same motor in a couple of different threads. They just changed the pulley size, 7" for standard, 6.4 for AH. I have not confirmed it. I'll get in the manuals and see if I can find anything out.
My only thought is the three point mowers were made before and after the AH tractors, so the motor may be lower displacement to match the regular tractors. Definitely have to look into this.

If you can get some info off that motor it would be great.

Harry has a thread here on his hrm48h, we'll have to see if we can find the displacement of that Ultra motor.
:writing: Tim
Did some home work and confirmed the pulley size difference between the, AHRM48H and the HRM48H.

There is a ton of mixed information out there on the hydraulic motors used on the Case and Ingersoll attachments. :dizzy:
I think I'm going to try to put some of this information together and start a new thread on hydraulic attachment motors. That will leave this thread dedicated to the AHRM decks.
:writing: Tim
TLD89 United States of America

Post by TLD89 »

Tim, is it possible to put a electric clutch and a belt drive deck on keeping the rest of the hydraulics working?

Timj wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:22 pm Took the chance before I put the AHRM48 deck on for mowing season to swap out the hydraulic motor with the one from my new to me AHSB48 snow caster. This will allow me to test the motor from the caster and also see if it performs better than the motor that was in the deck.
The current motor is getting tired. It doesn't perform like it once did. These hydraulic motors (C36963)are no longer available. They were proprietary and somewhat unique, making finding a replacement tough.
This will give me a little more time to explore finding a replacement or rebuilding.

Post by Timj »

TLD89 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:26 am Tim, is it possible to put a electric clutch and a belt drive deck on keeping the rest of the hydraulics working?

Timj wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:22 pm Took the chance before I put the AHRM48 deck on for mowing season to swap out the hydraulic motor with the one from my new to me AHSB48 snow caster. This will allow me to test the motor from the caster and also see if it performs better than the motor that was in the deck.
The current motor is getting tired. It doesn't perform like it once did. These hydraulic motors (C36963)are no longer available. They were proprietary and somewhat unique, making finding a replacement tough.
This will give me a little more time to explore finding a replacement or rebuilding.
@TLD89 I don't think there is enough room to get the clutch in and the belt routed. The larger oil cooler and the hoses going from it to the oil filter really take up the area where the belt would run.
KIMG0100.JPG

Post by Timj »

The ahrm48 deck got some new "hot wheels" today. It was starting to cut a little short in the highest setting.
KIMG0390.JPG
KIMG0391_02_BURST1000391.JPG
These were the original wheels, I can't believe they didn't last longer? :33: surprisingly the bolt is worn more than the hole in the wheel.
:geek: Tim
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Tim - I grease my bolts yearly. My RM48 deck was probably built around the same time as your AHRM48 and it had the same issue with the bolts from the previous owner. Did you stick with the 5" wheels or change to the 6" wheels? I run the 6".
Ingersoll 4016

Post by Timj »

MattA wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:02 pm Tim - I grease my bolts yearly. My RM48 deck was probably built around the same time as your AHRM48 and it had the same issue with the bolts from the previous owner. Did you stick with the 5" wheels or change to the 6" wheels? I run the 6".
They are the 5" wheels, I just ordered off the parts #. I was expecting the bolts to be less worn and the plastic more. I have never greased them, I don't know if the dealer use to do it when it went in for its annual or not. We live in sand country, its actually pretty amazing they lasted 1/2 that long. I would guess close to 1000 hours. I thought about sleaving them and putting in new bolts, but really I'm not that cheap. :78:
Our New Holland had zerks in the wheels but most pulled out of the plastic.
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Here is a link to the 6" gauge wheels. I've got my deck set to about 2.5".
https://www.casegardentractorparts.com/c2gawhmode.html
Ingersoll 4016