Combine wheel weights

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
Timj United States of America

Re: Combine wheel weights

Post by Timj »

turboff wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:07 am I found a JD guy up here in Canada who wants $250 per outer weight and $250 for each split weight set...
Ouch, he definitely wants to make $$$$. But someone pays it he'll ask more for the next set.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Toolslinger United States of America

Post by Toolslinger »

Around me in PA, people have lost their minds on tractor weight of any variety. I wanted some front suitcase weights for my MF 135. Old, rusty weights missing the holddowns were going for well more than brand new. I got so disgusted, I ended up just buying a pallet of 13 new weights when I really only wanted 4. The balance went on another tractor that needed help getting out of it's own way if the grass was damp. No headache from crazy sellers, and they were delivered to my door. (well the dock at work, but that's even better since I don't have to be around to receive)
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

A ramble for today on the combine weights. My wife always like to go for a ride so we went there to look at the combine weights this morning. It was only an hour away and in a beautiful rural area. When I first seen the combine, which I knew the seller was parting out I thought, this is a piece of junk. It only had the outside weights on the rims, which is what I was mostly interested in. No inside weights were in sight so no problem. I measured them so I knew they would work for my application. The seller didn’t know much about them and he was just going to scrap the test of the combine. I told him how much they weighed and how much scrap iron was going for which would be about $50. He seemed happy with that, so I said I would need help getting them off and loading them, so I could do better than that. So I gave him $60 for the pair and he was happy. He had a battery operated 1/2” drive Dewalt impact and we sprayed the bolts with penetrating fluid. Shot the breeze a while then worked on the bolts. Three came off easy but one had to be cut off with his portable grinder. I rolled them up to his pickup and put them on his lift gate. He drove them to my Jeep and we rolled into the back. We were saying good bye and he mentioned about coming up to the barn to see his maple syrup operation. So the wife and I got a little cupful of Maple syrup. It was delicious. So I asked if I could buy some and he obliged me. So it was a great day! I came home with two combine weights at a good price and a gallon of Maple syrup at a great price which we will enjoy with our grand kids. :peace: Harry
Attachments
On tractor right side.
On tractor right side.
On tractor left side
On tractor left side
No inside weight here
No inside weight here
No inside here either
No inside here either
Both weights in Jeep at shop.
Both weights in Jeep at shop.
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

You just scored the best deal ever! Definitely the deal of year 2023!!! Congratulations! I'm happy for you! :thumbsup:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Sounds like a great day @Harry !
You made an awesome deal! Glad it work out! :thumbsup:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

:O Harry , weights , maple syrup, a chin wag , and the :wife: didn't mind . Plus go got a good drive out of it . :worship: Dude go buy a Lottery ticket . :thumbsup:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Good work @Harry That sir was a steal of a deal... :thumbsup: and fresh maple syrup too! Bonus!
Can't get any weights around here for less than a dollar or two per pound...
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Congrads on the score Harry. I paid about the same price of each of my JD 42lb suitcase weights.
Ingersoll 4016
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/grd/d/la ... 61337.html
42lb weights $60 each
42lb weights $60 each
https://buffalo.craigslist.org/grd/d/la ... 60122.html
$200 per pair
$200 per pair
I just seen these two GT weights pop up this morning on the local C/L .
The best part of the story was the seller advertised that he was parting out a combine, not that he was selling wheel weights. I called him and asked if the combine had the wheel weights. Yes, it's a Great day when a plan comes together. :hug:
:peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

People ask way too much for those 42lb suitcase weights + you have to go get them. Mine were about $60 shipped from Amazon.
Ingersoll 4016