Sleeve Hitch accessories - 446 case/ingersoll

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
MattA United States of America

Re: Sleeve Hitch accessories - 446 case/ingersoll

Post by MattA »

Be sure and find yourself a set of engine tins if you haven't already.
Ingersoll 4016
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

]MattA[/mention] Great catch on the engine tins! These Onan's like to eat the #1 connecting rod if the shrouds over the heads are left off.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

...Well, at least the conversation has come back around to :creeper: again... :)) I'll eventually make a proper entry in "Other Vehicles" about my SLUTS (Stupid Little Ugly Trucks)

Thanks for the comments and watchful eyes @MattA and @Spike188 I think I'll have to photoshop tinwork onto all of my old tractor photos :)) A few people have noticed and commented on their absence. That's a good reason for being brave and sharing your photos on forums and benefiting from collective knowledge and experience.

The first mention they were missing was when I did my introduction post on another Case Ingersoll forum... since then I acquired some tinwork from an older Onan B43M - just needs some creativity to match up tabs and screw holes that are in the different spots. If there is engine damage most likely it will be courtesy of the previous owner, and I have no idea how long it was run with bare heads. Since I got the tractor last summer I think I've only put an hour or two on it - the 48" mower deck is overkill and way too big for our yard in the city... any other usage has been start the tractor up, move it, take a few photos and put it back again.

The engine also stopped working (wouldn't start) a couple of snow storms ago and now the tractor is getting torn apart to fix a bunch of issues - sloppy travel linkages, annoying little hydraulic leak that leaves a puddle on the mower deck (or floor), clean the Carb, change the fuel lines, pull the plugs and pop a scope in to check for carbon on the heads, fix the rats nest of "creative" wiring and look at the non-functioning safety switch (sorry @ras101 I think some of them are useful, and the 446 is old enough that it doesn't have that operator presence safety switch on the seat - thankfully)

I'll do a proper write up :writing: when I have a little more progress to show for my self... :cheers:

Gerry
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Gerry, as you can see we are not very strict about "off topic" excursions like other forums. We here adhere to "gentle parenting" rather than the big stick. :))

The sleeve hitch is very useful as long as it doesn't get too much abuse. It happened to me, the attachment hydraulic cylinder literally ripped open while I was using the moldboard plow and wanted to lift it out of the ground as it was stuck. The cylinder must've been really tired already, but it didn't help that I forced it several (many) times upwards with the moldboard stuck in the ground. Best to upgrade to a 3pth at some point, as you can still use all the attachments from the sleeve hitch, with the adapter.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Eugen wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:22 am Gerry, as you can see we are not very strict about "off topic" excursions like other forums. We here adhere to "gentle parenting" rather than the big stick. :))

The sleeve hitch is very useful as long as it doesn't get too much abuse. It happened to me, the attachment hydraulic cylinder literally ripped open while I was using the moldboard plow and wanted to lift it out of the ground as it was stuck. The cylinder must've been really tired already, but it didn't help that I forced it several (many) times upwards with the moldboard stuck in the ground. Best to upgrade to a 3pth at some point, as you can still use all the attachments from the sleeve hitch, with the adapter.
Thanks @Eugen Good to know about topics wandering and meandering... :))

Also good to know about limitations of the sleeve hitch's lift capacity... I'm keeping a look out for a "local" 3pth setup - It would probably be the next item on my "wish list" :cheers:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

RoamingGnome wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:32 am
I'm keeping a look out for a "local" 3pth setup - It would probably be the next item on my "wish list" :cheers:
Good luck with that, in the few years that I've had Case tractors I have not seen even one for sale separately, in Ontario. Very rarely even together with a tractor, maybe just once or twice. At this point I have resolved myself to just build it myself, one day... :violin:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

RoamingGnome wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:32 am
Eugen wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:22 am Gerry, as you can see we are not very strict about "off topic" excursions like other forums. We here adhere to "gentle parenting" rather than the big stick. :))

Thanks @Eugen Good to know about topics wandering and meandering... :))

Also good to know about limitations of the sleeve hitch's lift capacity... I'm keeping a look out for a "local" 3pth setup - It would probably be the next item on my "wish list" :cheers:

Some where I saw where a guy took and had a chain that went up from the sleeve hitch to a bracket where the big bolt hold the frame to the diff . this was adjustable and would take the strain of an implement off the cylinder .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:29 pm Some where I saw where a guy took and had a chain that went up from the sleeve hitch to a bracket where the big bolt hold the frame to the diff . this was adjustable and would take the strain of an implement off the cylinder .
I did that on my 224. I found some 1/4" wire hooks that fit in the corners at the top of the fuel tank surround without contacting the fuel tank, and ran 1/4" chains down to the sleeve hitch. This allowed me to remove the link to raise and lower the sleeve hitch, I then stacked 6 , 4x8x16 solid concrete block on the sleeve hitch for traction while snow blowing.

:cheers:
Gordy
TLD89 United States of America

Re: Sleeve Hitch accessories - case/ingersoll

Post by TLD89 »

Spring yard work begins. Here are a few yard implements works good for me.
Attachments
sprader1.jpg
sprader2.jpg
case dethat2.jpg
core a 1.jpg
Ingersoll224 United States of America

Post by Ingersoll224 »

Here is a winch bracket I made which still allows something to be connected in the middle.
IMG_5767.JPEG
Carriage bolts on the winch slide into the keyholes.
IMG_5766.JPEG
A bolt in the top keyhole locks it in place.
IMG_5769.JPEG
I also made a sod cutter:

Basically it is a flat bar with an edge in the back and a gauge wheel. Needs 200# of weight to work well.
IMG_6128.JPEG
IMG_6129.JPEG
Last edited by Ingersoll224 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.