Page 1 of 1

6-way Valve

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:04 pm
by FUTZ
The company I work for is ordering some sample 6-way (double selector) valves .

Six way valves are great for adding additional functions (like a grapple) after the directional valve. These valves have six #10 ports and a 12Vdc solenoid. Typically, the two cylinder ports of the DC valve go into the input; the first 2 output ports goes to the original function, and the second 2 output port goes to a new auxiliary function. So the original function (say bucket scoop/dump) works as normal by the lever, and then, when the 6-way is energized, the oil is diverted to the new function (grapple). The new function operates via the bucket lever, and can be 'feathered' just as the original function. Energizing the 6-way can be done by a push button on the lever of the DC valve, or a foot button like the old starter buttons.
6-way.jpg
If anyone is interested, send a PM. They will be about $100 -$130 CND, maybe less. It largely depends on shipping costs.

Re: 6-way Valve

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:53 pm
by thebuildist
They would obviously also work great as a diverter valve between the mid lift and the three-point lift.

Bob

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:59 pm
by FUTZ
thebuildist wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:53 pm They would obviously also work great as a diverter valve between the mid lift and the three-point lift.

Bob
Yes, would convert aux function to two separate function; or three or four functions with additional valves; these valves are stackable. It would even be possible to use the aux as a FEL control with just one valve. However, your experience may vary.

I forgot to mention, these will take two or three months to arrive.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:44 pm
by FUTZ
I was looking on Amazon for something and this popped up. Here's the complete package.

https://www.amazon.ca/Hydraulic-Multipl ... 95&sr=8-54

Regards

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:04 pm
by Eugen
Nooooo! I will not pay $800 for that :headbash:

you have any that just "fell off the truck" for 100? :please:

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:04 pm
by RoamingGnome
That's a few $$$ for a pre packaged kit - a lot of better hydraulic supply houses will have those sorts of parts sitting on the shelf - and - Princess has a surprising amount of Hyd components in their catalogue too - Always nice to check prices before hand so you don't get sticker shock standing in front of a parts counter.

I'll admit it was a lot easier when buying stuff to fix/modify a customers machine and the bill was going on a company account - doing stuff for myself, well, my wallet is a lot tighter, and when you scrape the dust off to open it up you gotta be careful of the moths that might come out...