The Dear John letter tractor

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
Eugen Canada

Re: The Dear John letter tractor

Post by Eugen »

Tricky one Dave! Even though I know LED is a diode and obviously polarity matters, I wouldn't have thought of this. Nasty bug!

Another thing to watch for with these LED lights is that our tractors don't always have the nicest looking DC coming out of the voltage regulator and it can burn the LEDs quickly. Ask me how I know :giggle:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:04 pm Tricky one Dave! Even though I know LED is a diode and obviously polarity matters, I wouldn't have thought of this. Nasty bug!

Another thing to watch for with these LED lights is that our tractors don't always have the nicest looking DC coming out of the voltage regulator and it can burn the LEDs quickly. Ask me how I know :giggle:
Yes I have to run into that . Fortunately this tractor the power for the light is buffer by the battery by the way it is wired . The outlaws are coming up Wednesday , so we will see if he likes it enough to take it home . If not up for sale she goes .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

It got a 2hr work out this morning . Did quite well with 8" + of dense snow . Finished up out back with Frankie . Having cab with wipers is so nice .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Good to hear the JD is performing well! Hopefully the father in law likes it!
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: