RM48 deck belt routing improvement

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
thebuildist United States of America

Re: RM48 deck belt routing improvement

Post by thebuildist »

Just a quick update:

With the new high lift blades and a belt that is not slipping, this deck now puts out A LOT of air!

It is precisely the improvement that I was hoping for. When I run down the leaf filled street now, It leaves a perfect clean sweep behind and throws the leaves five and six feet off the road out into the underbrush. Just exactly what I was hoping for.

Meanwhile hooked up to the leaf vacuum, I did four loads in big heavy oak leaves including some sticks and twigs and debris, and never got a clogged discharge chute a single time. That is a first.

Woo hoo!
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Jancoe United States of America

Re: RM48 deck belt routing improvement

Post by Jancoe »

Great improvements I'd say. I feel the same way as you. The oem tensioner pulley is in the wrong spot. At any given time I can grab and easily spin one of the outer blades with just a finger or two. This is definitely on my list of deck upgrades. I always felt that my pullies were slipping on the belt. My rm48 needs some service as there is quite a bit of slop in the mule assembly and hope to fix it up in time for spring. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk