Hydraulic Motors

Utility blade, snow caster, mower deck, weights, sleeve hitch, 3pt hitch, front end loader, backhoe, and more. Ready made or homemade.
Timj United States of America

Re: Hydraulic Motors

Post by Timj »

dhitching wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:58 pm
Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:43 pm @dhitching I thought I would pull this discussion over here to not muddy up the tech library.
Always a good call!
Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:43 pm What is the shaft configuration and diameter of that Ultra motor? Is it threaded to the pulley?
I ask because I have ran into a few mentions that the Ultra motor used an 11/16" shaft diameter.
Yessir, 11/16" keyed straight shaft with a 7/16-20 threaded end and a nut to hold the pulley on.

Here's the relevant excerpt from the specs drawing I posted for it. (Click on the photo, it's big)
image.png
Thanks, this satisfies my suspicions. A couple of years ago someone posted on CCI that this motor
Screenshot_20230502-161848.png
was a direct drop in replacement for all the AHRM hydraulic motors. I did a lot of digging into it but couldn't confirm the information. This motor may be a replacement for the Ultra motor but definitely not for the Webster or Barnes motors.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
dhitching United States of America

Post by dhitching »

Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:34 pm Thanks, this satisfies my suspicions. A couple of years ago someone posted on CCI that this motor was a direct drop in replacement for all the AHRM hydraulic motors. I did a lot of digging into it but couldn't confirm the information. This motor may be a replacement for the Ultra motor but definitely not for the Webster or Barnes motors.
Yeah, Zwei is the biggest Parker Gear Motor distributor in the US, so it makes sense that they'd be the ones to sell you a Parker PGM511 style gear pump! :cheers:
6018, 4020, and whatever other tractor I just impulse bought

Post by Timj »

dhitching wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:50 pm
Timj wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:34 pm Thanks, this satisfies my suspicions. A couple of years ago someone posted on CCI that this motor was a direct drop in replacement for all the AHRM hydraulic motors. I did a lot of digging into it but couldn't confirm the information. This motor may be a replacement for the Ultra motor but definitely not for the Webster or Barnes motors.
Yeah, Zwei is the biggest Parker Gear Motor distributor in the US, so it makes sense that they'd be the ones to sell you a Parker PGM511 style gear pump! :cheers:
Their customer service rep wanted to sell the motor but definitely didn't want to get the shaft specs.
I tracked the part number back to Parker but at the time their site said that motor was imported and to contact them for specs as they didn't have them online. No one replied to my request

My AHRM48 and AHSB48 both have the Webster motor which has a 3/4" x 2" keyed shaft.

Post by Timj »

@dhitching do you still have your ahrm60 deck apart?
If you do I'm curious about the drive pulley attachment to the motor and size of the hole in it.

The parts manuals do not list separate pulleys for the Ultra motor which you would expect with the different shaft size and configuration.
:geek: Tim

Post by dhitching »

Timj wrote:[mention]dhitching[/mention] do you still have your ahrm60 deck apart?
If you do I'm curious about the drive pulley attachment to the motor and size of the hole in it.
It's all stored away right now until I get some hydraulic hoses purchased. Once I get it out again I'll measure that for you.

It's worth noting that I'm not sure the Ultra motor is stock on the deck. The hose routing doesn't look like something that was designed in my opinion.

Post by Timj »

dhitching wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:16 pm
Timj wrote:@dhitching do you still have your ahrm60 deck apart?
It's all stored away right now until I get some hydraulic hoses purchased. Once I get it out again I'll measure that for you.

It's worth noting that I'm not sure the Ultra motor is stock on the deck. The hose routing doesn't look like something that was designed in my opinion.
Thanks, no rush. I'm just trying to piece together some of the mystery of the hydraulic motors Ingersoll used. :highfive:

Post by dhitching »

Timj wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:33 pm I'm just trying to piece together some of the mystery of the hydraulic motors Ingersoll used. :highfive:
Here's a document that I've been working on. If there's any info you have that can help me fill it in please send a PM and I'll update it 😊

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... J7Y-WvITY/