Electric Fuel Pumps

Everything about Kohler, Onan, B&S, Honda, and other engines.
Jancoe United States of America

Re: Electric Fuel Pumps

Post by Jancoe »

I'm not for or against electric pumps. Working with RV's the rv gensets out on the market are run by faucet style and similar style pumps. Having the pump mounted at the genset meant these pumps were pullers with the output side only 1' to 2' long. The inlet side spanning up to 30ft of 1/4" line to reach the tank. They dont seem to be a common failure in rv gensets so idk. Seen many high hour gensets. I like my pulse pumps just fine too. They get the job done. Use whatever works for you. 3 psi for tractors. Stay under 14 psi and you will be just fine on most 3.0 mercruiser.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

propane1 Canada

Re: Electric Fuel Pumps

Post by propane1 »

Jancoe wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:49 pm I'm not for or against electric pumps. Working with RV's the rv gensets out on the market are run by faucet style and similar style pumps. Having the pump mounted at the genset meant these pumps were pullers with the output side only 1' to 2' long. The inlet side spanning up to 30ft of 1/4" line to reach the tank. They dont seem to be a common failure in rv gensets so idk. Seen many high hour gensets. I like my pulse pumps just fine too. They get the job done. Use whatever works for you. 3 psi for tractors. Stay under 14 psi and you will be just fine on most 3.0 mercruiser.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information on pressure for tractors. I was thinking in the 2 to 5 lb range.

Noel