Welding helmet recommendation

Discussions with more focus on welding.
DavidBarkey Canada

Re: Welding helmet recommendation

Post by DavidBarkey »

@Harry Mine looks a lot like yours . Make me wounder if it was a knock off of your helmet . I find the dial handy as I can use it for anything from act. torch , mig , tig and stick . Brighter the are the darker the shade number . Just don't bump the dial putting it on LOL , Never done that more than a hundred times
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:39 pm @Harry Mine looks a lot like yours . Make me wounder if it was a knock off of your helmet . I find the dial handy as I can use it for anything from act. torch , mig , tig and stick . Brighter the are the darker the shade number . Just don't bump the dial putting it on LOL , Never done that more than a hundred times
David I have noticed on one of the Optrel helmets, after flipping it up and down. The dial has a tendency to move a little to make it darker. It's probably just because it's over thirty years old. I don't weld that much anymore so it's not a problem.

Keep the :peace: :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Harry wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:58 am
DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:39 pm @Harry Mine looks a lot like yours . Make me wounder if it was a knock off of your helmet . I find the dial handy as I can use it for anything from act. torch , mig , tig and stick . Brighter the are the darker the shade number . Just don't bump the dial putting it on LOL , Never done that more than a hundred times
David I have noticed on one of the Optrel helmets, after flipping it up and down. The dial has a tendency to move a little to make it darker. It's probably just because it's over thirty years old. I don't weld that much anymore so it's not a problem.

Keep the :peace: :cop:
Harry
That happens all the time with the nob that holds the head strap on .lol Always tightening that one . :violin:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder