A couple of my others

You're cheating on your Case with another tractor! We want all the dirty details!
puttputt Canada

A couple of my others

Post by puttputt »

The first pic is of one of my Sunstars. This one has the Kohler 20 horse Magnum. It has power steering, front and rear pto's, dual hydraulics, 3 point hitch, differential lock, factory rear light and still has the factory baby moon wheel covers. It came with a 60" shaft drive deck and a Befco 0 category, 2000 RPM tiller. When I bought it, it was not running. Turned out one connecting rod was broken. I did not want to put much money into the engine at the time because I didn't know for sure what the driveline and hydraulics were like. So I "patched" the engine up" by replacing one rod and grinding the valves and honing the cylinders. I could not find a decent priced set of rings at the time so I put the old rings back in. Put it back together and low and behold everything on the tractor works including all gauges and lights. Turn the key and this thing fires right up even after sitting. So some day if I get energetic I may pull the top end down and install new pistons and rings as I've since found some "affordable" parts.
The second pic is of my old Ranch King that Harry asked to see. I was doing some work on the fuel pump so you will have to excuse me for no hood. This thing has cut a lot of grass in its day and has not been apart.
Eugen Canada

Re: A couple of my others

Post by Eugen »

From your description that Simplicity should be a very capable tractor. Never seen one around here for sale or otherwise. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

There was a Simplicity dealer very close to where I grew up. Never owned one and my family certainly couldn't afford a tractor that was that fancy. I always heard they were a great GT'S. Thanks for posting PuttPutt

Keep the Peace :peace: :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Sunning topless . :O :109: :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder