And... It went in the pond...

You're cheating on your Case with another tractor! We want all the dirty details!
Toolslinger United States of America

Re: And... It went in the pond...

Post by Toolslinger »

There are a host of reasons I can't wait to finish moving... Eliminating yet another location I have to keep track of what's where is very high on that list... Getting away from the insane property taxes here in NJ is also right up top.
More, consistent seat time will be nice, but that'll be on the bigger machines. No complaints there...
FUTZ Canada

Post by FUTZ »

I know your troubles. I have a Walker. I like it but it's worn out. I should just sell it; but, I have to admit I got a little excited when you said you were going to scrap yours. I need new blower and an engine rebuild. Does yours have Gas Handling System? My Walker is a PoS on hills, especially when the tub is full; and I live in a place called Albion Hills, on account of the hills.
Toolslinger United States of America

Post by Toolslinger »

Yep, both Walkers have the GHS. This one has the regular tub, and the newer unit I'll be keeping has the big tub. When that thing gets full of spring grass, it weighs a ton. I'd really like to pick up a side discharge for it, but not really willing to spend that money.

Since my friend is going to throw new tires on it, I suggested he have the shop price out the all terrain tires rather than the regular turfs. From a good bit of reading in forums, most people that have tried them feel it really sticks on a hill better. You need to go easy on turns as a result, but I think I could get used to that. I have a few really hairy spots in PA that the walker almost always slides through, and I hate that. If AT's would solve it, I'd fork over the cash for them.
FUTZ Canada

Post by FUTZ »

Make sense about the tires. I notice my left tire spins more than the right. The difference is, the right was changed about 5 years ago, and the left is original. The tread pattern and depth is the same, so why is the performance different; because the newer tire is softer and the corners of each lug is sharper. Makes a big difference. We might move in the next few years, likely won't need the Walker then.