Case 680E

You're cheating on your Case with another tractor! We want all the dirty details!
Eugen Canada

Re: Woke up again this morning

Post by Eugen »

Haven't posted in a few days, been quite busy. The 444 doesn't seem to like freezing temps, didn't want to start so I had to clear the snow with the walk behind. :| could be worse right?

Changed the oil on the backhoe, I have never seen such black oil in my life. And it was way over the FULL level, and all watery. . Should've taken a picture. The watery bit worries me a bit, hope coolant doesn't make it into the oil somehow :109: Found out there's some problem with the charging circuit too, no 24V on the batteries. More work for me to troubleshoot this. The hydraulic oil is at the lowest level too. :/

Gone over another birthday uneventfully. :cheers:

We are all completely recovered from covid. Thank God!
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Glad you and the family are doing good. Really sucks when everyone is sick.

Diesels really make the oil black. It will be harder to tell but coolent should make it milky. It may be fuel in the oil. You may be able to smell it. Keep an eye on it and see if it gains quickly and if it gains when standing besides running. The injector pump may be leaking fuel. :( If the lines run to the injectors internally it could be one of them leaking.

:congrats: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 🎂You old fart. :rofl: :cheers:
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

thanks you young buck! :rofl: :))

yeah, wasn't milky at all, just runny. Got no experience at all with diesels. Hm.. bad injector(s) you say, hopefully it's not too bad to take them out to troubleshoot. :109:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Black diesel oil. That’s for sure. You could polish your black dress shoes with it. And they would be black and sorta water proof. :78: :rofl: :D
I wouldn’t get to excited right away. I’d run it a bit and keep an eye ;) on the oil and coolant.

Birthday. I don’t get excited over them. Hope you had a nice day thou.

Noel
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Yep, Don't get excited yet. :42: :letmesee: Keep an eye on it now that you have the oil changed. If it sat around for a long time or if the oil hadn't been changed in a long time, the smallest leak could add up. If it's really small it may not matter for what you're going to use it.
Been down this road more than a few times.
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:36 am Haven't posted in a few days, been quite busy. The 444 doesn't seem to like freezing temps, didn't want to start so I had to clear the snow with the walk behind. :| could be worse right?

Changed the oil on the backhoe, I have never seen such black oil in my life. And it was way over the FULL level, and all watery. . Should've taken a picture. The watery bit worries me a bit, hope coolant doesn't make it into the oil somehow :109: Found out there's some problem with the charging circuit too, no 24V on the batteries. More work for me to troubleshoot this. The hydraulic oil is at the lowest level too. :/

Gone over another birthday uneventfully. :cheers:

We are all completely recovered from covid. Thank God!
Coolant would sit at the bottom or will go milky if pumped though the system . You would have noticed that draining it .
I think you will find that the hydraulic pump front seal is leaking hydra oil into the engine oil . My buddies tractor keeped loosing hydraulic with no signs of leak until the engine oil got so high it was coming out the dip stick tube . This is very common in tractors so I found out . New pump , oil change and all is good again .
They only way to know for sure is to make sure both are at preset levels and use it for a bit . Keep checking levels and if hydra goes down and engine oil goes up . Guess what you are replacing .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

@Eugen Happy Birthday , ye old fart :rofl: :rofl:

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

@Eugen Happy Birthday cause someone ratted on you. :bla:

Eugene
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Eugen Canada

Case 680E

Post by Eugen »

Y'all know I got this backhoe loader. I've started a thread on it, if you guys don't mind, and moved the relevant posts from the other topic here.

IMG_6038.jpg

So, thank you guys, for both advice and wishes. I kinda always hated my bday celebration, so spending the day with the family is just fine with me. My wife gave me the best bday present "go do something on your new toy" she said, meaning the backhoe. So I changed the oil. I wanted to move it around a bit but Timothy got scared and started crying so I turned it off and we all went for a walk. He loves the idea of the backhoe, but maybe it's a bit too big for him now, until he gets used to it. :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
propane1 Canada

Re: Case 680E

Post by propane1 »

A buddies Ford 3000 farm tractor was leaking power steering fluid into the engine oil. I helped him fix it, but can’t remember how or what caused it, but that’s what it was doing.

Noel