Another Simplicity followed me home

You're cheating on your Case with another tractor! We want all the dirty details!
Eugen Canada

Re: Another Simplicity followed me home

Post by Eugen »

One way or another, I think every old tractor I got had either problems with the connection at the AMP meter, or the AMP meter itself. Good reminder to use dielectric grease on the contacts, which I have but not applied on the recently overhauled 244. Thanks @Gordy !

You're very fast, got this tractor up to speed in no time. Any videos in action? :D we like seeing 'em run!!! :smash:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

You're very fast, got this tractor up to speed in no time. Any videos in action? :D we like seeing 'em run!!! :smash:
Does not seem all that fast, I have had it for 5 or 6 weeks, but working 10 to 12 hour shifts 6 days a week cut into that time span. Had to work on it outside so rain days at work were non productive at home. Got laid off Thursday so plenty of time now weather permitting.

Video :rofl: I'm lucky to have figured out how to take still's and post them :40: Not to mention remembering to take them in the first place ;)

Several things to do yet. Need to put a tach to the engine, seems slow. And testing the vac last night, the headlight worked but the amp meter was very jumpy and the auto reset circuit breaker would trip. May be a hidden bare wire. On the plus side the engine had been swapped with an old BS with magneto ignition, so the tractor kept running :peace:

:cheers:
Gordy
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

You posted it days ago and all of that work done day after day :D

Sorry to hear about Thursday, I pray it's a door opened somewhere else! :cheers:

I get it about the videos, can be a pain. I installed a vimeo app on my phone, so it's easy to just take a video on the phone normally, and then I upload it to vimeo. Then I take the link and just paste it in the message. It's an extra step but I think people in general here like to see some video action too, I know I do! Anyway, not to worry, I appreciate taking us along with pictures just as well!

Good luck chasing that electrical gremlin! :fight:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

I work seasonal construction as a heavy equipment operator so the lay off was just 2-3 weeks earlier than expected.

Got 18 bags filled with leaves before it started raining hard. Should have quit earlier, the deck will need to be pulled and cleaned I am sure it will be packed full :headbash: But was doing good in the on and off lite sprinkles, the last load was leaving as much on the ground as it put in the bag :lol: Picture with the fist load on :thumbsup:
SAM_0951.JPG
SAM_0952.JPG
That's a very old Simplicity vac, the blower housing is 2 shells of aluminum welded together. The impeller is 2 pieces bolted together to make a 2 bladed impeller. That sucker has a howl to it. Almost need ear plugs inside of the muffs :7: Plugging was a big issue, so I replaced as much of the old flex hose as I could with Cheap galvanised ducting. Almost no plugs now :thumbsup:

Almost forgot :shh: Put the non contact tach to it engine was turning 3125 rpm's, got it adjusted to 3625 and called it close enough ;)

:cheers:
Gordy