Neighbour says hide it out back

You're cheating on your Case with another tractor! We want all the dirty details!
Spike188 Canada

Neighbour says hide it out back

Post by Spike188 »

Guy dropped off a JD 1025r for service at 615 hours. He said it had a bad U joint in the deck driveline. It did.
u joint.jpg
The bearing tee was broken in 2 places. He is lucky that it did not bend the driveshaft. JD says this is common problem. It is caused by engaging the deck with engine at full throttle. It will be back. :headbash:
broken lights.jpg
The lights are made of plastic and do not last long around trees. $150 CD each. They have only 2 of the 4 bolt holes for mounting so a quick job with the mag drill made 2 more holes and the old lights are reused.
light guard.jpg
Then guards were formed and welded on to protect the repair.
front deck mount.jpg
The front deck mount at 600 hours is hammered out and no longer hold the attachment linkage in place during deck removal.
rear deck mount.jpg
The rear deck mount has made it's own seat and no longer glides into place for quick mount and removal.
JD needed help.JPG
After moving stuff and mowing the lawn everything was posed on the front lawn. A neighbour text me, Something looks out of place, you need to hide something behind the house.

I agree,

Spike.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Eugen Canada

Re: Neighbour says hide it out back

Post by Eugen »

Looks like you’re fixing it up :creeper: pretty good for the next few years.

Great looking fleet even with the intruder up front. Could be a good ad for the red green show! :cool:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Something is Green with Envy about how the rest were built with quality not quantity in mind .
Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

Wow, crazy. Those repairs should keep it out of trouble for a while yet hopefully! Nice work Spike.

A lot of my tractor operating experience came from days with my grandfather, and one thing that I can still hear him telling me is don't ever throttle up all the way before turning on the mower. I even remember jogging over to another kid at my highschool one day - he was in horticulture class, I was running laps in phys-ed - and telling him the same lol. He looked at me like what are you talking about. :) I still shake my head when I hear the neighbours doing it with their mowers lol.

If I were that 1025 I think I'd feel a bit like the rookie on his first day at football camp!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Dave180 Canada

Post by Dave180 »

That is alot of wear for a fairly low hour tractor. And it does look out of place with rest of fleet. 646 is probably wanting to shuv it out of picture lol