The Newest Other... MF 135

You're cheating on your Case with another tractor! We want all the dirty details!
Toolslinger United States of America

The Newest Other... MF 135

Post by Toolslinger »

This one I just bought in the fall. My long term plan is to move out here full time. Part of that means I need to be able to easily deal with the long driveway's snow. Another issue is I have a complicated life in terms of where I have to be at any given moment, so I don't have time to spend the better part of a day mowing. I intend to get a 6-7' flail for the back of this during warm weather, and it came with a plow out front. The plow rig needs some work, but it's a real solid start. If things get nutty, it even came with a center buster plow, that looks like it was made for the front of a train... (not using that unit)

So far I know it needs fresh fluids. I can see oil has run out the axles, so the brakes were sticky in the winter. Looks like some other oil seeps, but not too bad. Hydraulic remotes need to be cleaned up with proper disconnects. It'll need tires before I start depending on it. Perkins 3 cyl gas engine kicks right off, so I'm not too worried about that. Throttle linkage is a little funky, but it works. 3 Point runs nicely. Haven't noticed much sag.

This is a 1970. That makes it the newest "big" tractor on the farmstead by a couple years... This is going to replace one of the 2 8N's (assuming I can convince others to sell one) This is going to be a massive upgrade on the 8N. Live PTO, Hydraulic Remotes, 3 Point can move without the PTO, better selection of gears. Overall it doesn't appear to have been beaten on. Hell all the electrical actually works...
Attachments
20210408_151104.jpg
Eugen Canada

Re: The Newest Other... MF 135

Post by Eugen »

Oh yeah, I really like this one! Do you think you'll need chains in the winter?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Toolslinger United States of America

Re: The Newest Other... MF 135

Post by Toolslinger »

Absolutely going to want chains. We run big double ring on the JD 300, and an 8N. That works fine, but I sure would love to find some diamond pattern I could justify the price of. The double ring ride is kinda bumpy...
Everything I want to do to this tractor looks to be in the $1000 range... Diamond Pattern Chains... Front weight bracket, and weights... Double spool remote, plus 3 point... New tires... ROPS bar and canopy...
The cheaper stuff is easier... Hydraulic Top Link (want that for a pallet fork setup I'm working on)... Punchier LED lights...
I'd about kill to find a cab for it, but that ain't gonna happen. It would be cheaper to buy a tractor that was already cabbed... Not an easy thing to do in this vintage, and low HP range, but I have seen a couple...