LGD Lift

You're cheating on your Case with another tractor! We want all the dirty details!
thebuildist United States of America

LGD Lift

Post by thebuildist »

I would like to introduce my newest piece of shop equipment, my "Little Green Demon Lift"

I planned to do some work on my bucket this evening, and I really needed to mow the lawn this afternoon. So rather than remove the loader, then mow, then reinstall the loader, I thought I should just go ahead and mow with The Little Green Demon. (You may recall my post about the Deere 175Hydro that liked to scalp grass and DIDN'T like to turn. Let's call him LGD for short.)

Based on some advice from DavidBarkey, I did get the deck height sorted, so it doesn't scalp anymore. And I need to mow, and it has a full tank of gas and it's just SITTING there, so why not mow with it.

Which I began doing. And it was going great until I was mowing in between the exposed roots of a tree. I've been mowing over and around those roots for 15 years, first with a LH discharge Case 442, and now with a RH discharge Ingy. The ride is bouncy through there, but I hardly notice.

But the LGD didn't care for it at all. I bounced over one root and for some reason lurched to a sudden halt, whereupon a belt started squealing and the engine bogged down and died. So I killed the PTO and started it back up and when I went to turn the PTO back on, squealing belt, engine bogging. My blades were stuck. So I hopped off and looked underneath, and one of the big springs that you have to snap in place when mounting the deck was bent at a funny angle and just hanging down. I tried to re-hook it, but I needed tools for sure.

So I drove up by the shop and laid down to have a good look and realized that I really needed better access. There is only about 1 inch of travel between deck fully down and deck fully up.

So I got out my new shop equipment, I'm thinking about patenting it. I'm pretty sure every Deere owner should have one: A Little Green Demon Lift.

PXL_20220927_173930119.jpg
Tired of not being able to access the underside of your Little Green Demon? For the fourth time this week? Tired of your aching back and and biting ants as you lay in the grass? Get your very own LGD Lift today!

P.S. I got the spring snapped back in place, but I couldn't manually spin the blades. That's when I realized that the corner of the deck at the front edge of the discharge chute had snagged the root. The root had bent the deck shell back far enough that the blade tip embedded into it. So I grabbed some really big channel locks and bent the deck shell back outward. The blades could now spin, and I took the LGD off the lift and finished mowing with it.

Boy, have I been spoiled by my Case/Ingy's!

Bob :violin: :violin: :violin:
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Harry United States of America

Re: LGD Lift

Post by Harry »

I just love it when loader owners find new innovative ways to use them. This is a new one for me Bob, and thanks for sharing.

Keep the Peace :cop: :peace:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

These pictures show how strong your loader is! The LGD is no match for the Red Ingy! :thumbsup:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

I have a funny feeling that rm48 deck will be put in the corner sooner than later for good. Lol

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Post by thebuildist »

Well I hope you're wrong. But you're probably not wrong... :blush:
mendonsy United States of America

Post by mendonsy »

I have done that using my Kubota B7500 loader to lift the front of my 446 a few times but using a slightly different procedure. I use chains to connect both sides of the 446 front axle to the loader bucket and lift from above so that the loader bucket isn't in the way when working on the 446 mower deck.
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Nice work Bob….. but I sure hope you didn’t get any of that awful green and yellow paint on that pretty loader! :D

Post by thebuildist »

JSinMO wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:06 pm Nice work Bob….. but I sure hope you didn’t get any of that awful green and yellow paint on that pretty loader! :D
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe I could coat my bucket with truck bed liner, just to make sure it doesn't get contaminated!

LOL
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

The Power of Red left a Deere John letter for the JD . Now green with envy over it strength and conviction . :giggle:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder

Post by thebuildist »

One final picture of my LGD Lift after I got it officially installed in my shop.

I think it looks nice, don't you?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
59495cb92dad8be659b7c5e52b7e2faf.jpg