Strange people

Shoot the breeze here.
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Re: Strange people

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

I sold a good number to cemetery mowers, they can trim with either side and not throw grass on the head stones. As you mention, they are great if you pull a sweeper as all is done in one operation. Downside is, if you don't pick up the clippings they are left in a windrow instead of scattered as a side discharge deck does. OK in the cemetery but if you have an open area you won't be happy with the results.

Bob
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

I finally head back from the seller. He said he has a potential buyer for the complete inventory. I wished him luck with the sale and let me know if it falls through as I would be interested in the 448 with the ag tires and no engine for the right price. Below is the one I was interested in.
image.png
Keep the Peace :peace: :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

myerslawnandgarden wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 am I sold a good number to cemetery mowers, they can trim with either side and not throw grass on the head stones. As you mention, they are great if you pull a sweeper as all is done in one operation. Downside is, if you don't pick up the clippings they are left in a windrow instead of scattered as a side discharge deck does. OK in the cemetery but if you have an open area you won't be happy with the results.

Bob
:hm: What about a full on mulching deck . I am looking at possibly making a deck from scratch using a old deck as a pattern but want leave the clipping on to compost . Very sandy where we are and every thing I can do to return to soil the better . I am not a fan of the side spray , it always to blow back in my face :cuss: . I have a neighbour that has all the toys needed to fab up a brand new deck from scratch . Looking for others experiences before deciding on a design .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

Dave,

People that use a mulching deck properly love them, people that don't like their mulching decks are probably not using them correctly. The rule of thumb is to cut no more than 1/3rd of the grass blade or 1". Obviously that means that when the grass is growing quickly, once a week is not enough.

Everyone's conditions and turf types are different so these numbers are not written in stone, just a guideline and something to think about.

Bob
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

myerslawnandgarden wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:53 am Dave,

People that use a mulching deck properly love them, people that don't like their mulching decks are probably not using them correctly. The rule of thumb is to cut no more than 1/3rd of the grass blade or 1". Obviously that means that when the grass is growing quickly, once a week is not enough.

Everyone's conditions and turf types are different so these numbers are not written in stone, just a guideline and something to think about.

Bob
Thanks Bob
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder