Just an observation on things for sale

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

Just an observation on things for sale

Post by JSinMO »

I rarely see a case GT of any kind around this area much less one for sale. I’ve been paying more attention now that I own one. It’s like when you buy a car and then that’s all you see on the road!

I’m surprised at how many come up for sale up north. I realize it’s across a large area, but It makes me wonder why. Did more get sold up there? Did I just miss the boat around here? Maybe they weren’t as popular around here. I don’t know but it makes me feel more and more like I have a unicorn for this part of the world.
Last edited by JSinMO on Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timj United States of America

Re: Just an observation on things for sale

Post by Timj »

I think dealer availability played a big roll. If Case tractors were popular in the area and the dealership carried the gt's there were more sold in that area.
You are absolutely right, you can kinda tell by where members are from the areas with more tractors.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

JSinMO wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:42 pm I rarely see a case GT of any kind around this area much less one for sale. I’ve been paying more attention now that I own one. It’s like when you buy a car and then that’s all you see on the road!

I’m surprised at how many come up for sale up north. I realize it’s across a large area, but It makes me wonder why. Did more get sold up there? Did I just miss the boat around here? Maybe they weren’t as popular around here. I don’t know but it make feel more and more like I have a unicorn for this part of the world.
I surely agree. Can’t say I ever seen one for sale here. The 446 I got was next door neighbour. And have no idea where he got it. And the tractor and the snow caster with it are different years. The 224 I got was from a fella I know only 5 minutes or so away from me. His father had it years ago. And I have no idea how they got it.
Was a case dealer here in town, but don’t know if they sold them.
I only know of a possible 5 or so on PEI where I live. Oops 6. Just thought of another one. Any way, I have two of them.

Noel

Post by Timj »

JSinMO wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:42 pm I rarely see a case GT of any kind around this area much less one for sale. I’ve been paying more attention now that I own one. It’s like when you buy a car and then that’s all you see on the road!

I’m surprised at how many come up for sale up north. I realize it’s across a large area, but It makes me wonder why. Did more get sold up there? Did I just miss the boat around here? Maybe they weren’t as popular around here. I don’t know but it makes me feel more and more like I have a unicorn for this part of the world.
Your 648 is kinda a unicorn no matter where you are from. I certainly would not worry about it. There were not that many made, and they don't come up for sale very often. The internet makes finding parts and help easier. Be proud of that nice machine. :highfive:
There seems to be a few CCI guys on the forums from the St Louis area. I do run into tractors for sale in that area and southwest IL while searching marketplace.
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

I have personally seen two Case/Ingersoll tractors in person ever.

And I bought them both. Oddly enough, I got them each for a STEAL of a deal.

I did see one other one on Craigslist about 15 minutes drive from here. But it was beat up and overpriced.

I say all that to say, "There are very few Case/Ingersoll GT's in the Atlanta area. Not non-existent, but very rare. For whatever reason."

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Timj wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:39 pm

Your 648 is kinda a unicorn no matter where you are from. I certainly would not worry about it. There were not that many made, and they don't come up for sale very often. The internet makes finding parts and help easier. Be proud of that nice machine. :highfive:
There seems to be a few CCI guys on the forums from the St Louis area. I do run into tractors for sale in that area and southwest IL while searching marketplace.
Some of the guys here said is was rather rare when I joined here. I didn’t really realize it until I started looking. Im very happy to have it around, its handy! Even though at this point I’ve done more work on it than with it!

My job takes me all around the area from day to day, which is how I stumbled on to the 648. just hadn’t really thought about it. I’ve run into other equipment I now own that way. Pull up to a job, get to talking with the people, and the next thing you know I’m dragging something else home!

Now that I’ve said I never see them I’ll probably run into a few!
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

I own five and the last two people gave to me because they stopped working and probably they were tired of working on them. My 644lbh and 646 loader I found on C/L locally and the 446 snow machine I purchased from a co-worker years ago. While drving in my area I rarely see any for sale or people mowing their lawns with them. There was a dealer not to far away near Lake Ontario but they now selling Kubota's.

Keep the Peace :peace: :cop:
Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Growing up in a small town , you just didn't see them . everyone had push mowers . The only ones that had riders were the farmers . Both set of grandparents were rural but not farmers . One had a JD with snow blower for winter (1/4 mile driveway ), sickle mower and trailer for summer . The other had a Allis Chalmers rider mower with a trailer and garden implements. ( had a large veg patch) .
I had never heard of Case GTs before I bought the basket case that became Frankie . We had bickles, go carts, stockcars and hot rods . It was not until we moved to our house in the country 11 years ago where we are now that even given them a second thought . But now I repair and restore riders, GTs and small implements . :creeper: :))
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder

Post by Timj »

Being from WI I would expect there to be more Case's around with Racine about 2 1/2 hrs away and Ingersoll 25 miles away in Winneconne. I see them in my travels and there's around 15 for sale within a 2hr drive currently. But I think I see more for sale in Michigan.
I grew up on a Simplicity, my dad still runs Simplicity and Allis Chalmers. A couple of uncles had Case. One uncle still has a 4023 and his son has a 4018.
When I bought my first home it had a large lawn and acreage. I set off one Saturday morning to the JD dealer to look at a couple of used larger gt's. ( I know :barf: what was i thinking) one was 5yrs old the other 10, sticker shock set in real quick. :40: and I only had so much to spend. So I left and took a ride over to Winneconne to see what the dealer had, and left with a deal on my 4118. It was a left over from the year before with 11hrs, they had been letting customers drive it around and using it to plow the sidewalk. I bought it with the AHRM48 deck, UB54 blade, HH34 three point, and wheel weights for less than the 10year old JD that only had the deck. :D
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Great story Tim! You got a much better value than the JD.

Around here it's mostly the older models that go for sale, but I'm just fine with that. My 70's 644 and 444 do everything I need. The only thing I'd still want is a d100 backhoe on the back of the 644.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: