It went home today

Shoot the breeze here.
DavidBarkey Canada

It went home today

Post by DavidBarkey »

i have been working on and off on a old Honda Big Red ATC 3 wheeler for a family friend . I started this thing last summer before I had my surgery :pullhair: . A year later it went home tonight. :cheers: It had sat for about 10 years , no one would touch it . :violin: I told him , you get me what I need and I will make it happen on my time . Neither one of us expected it to take a year :snail: , but life has a way of getting in the way . :violin: But I felt I owed him a favour after the help he gave me understanding the workings of the Aggregate act. and hydro-geology as it pertained to our property and the threat to it from the gravel pit next door . Will I make much on it , no . Cover my cost , yes . Was it worth it , yes . Would I do it again , no :cuss: way . :)) Once is enough . He is semi retire and now can play with his bike again . :thumbsup: In the not so distance future I hope I am the recipient of the same treatment for how I help others.
Friday a little Wheel Horse goes to a new home . A daughter of one of my farmer clients . Cute little tractor .
Hopefully the 222 goes to it new home soon now that it is all ready and I am satisfied with the test runs .
Slowly getting caught up . Oh crap I just jinx myself . :rofl: Still need to finish the 446 blower project tractor before snow flies so that Teenager can earn his keep . :65: :bla:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
JSinMO United States of America

Re: It went home today

Post by JSinMO »

I haven’t seen a Big Red ATC in running condition in years! That brings back memories. 3 wheelers were the hot ticket there for awhile. Glad you got it running again.

Glad your getting some projects completed, if your like me it seems the list never ends! Sometimes I wish I could retire so I can get some work done!
Last edited by JSinMO on Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

David, you have a million irons in the fire! Do you ever sleep?

:D

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Given the surgery and recovery you're probably still working too much Dave! But I know it sucks to be idle too much, and no one can stop you anyway, not even :wife: :D take it easy buddy! :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Toolslinger United States of America

Post by Toolslinger »

Glad you got that one off your plate.
When I was a kid, it was just 3 wheelers... Then, enough people managed to flip them that the industry went to 4 wheels. My father bought a Honda TRX 200 4 wheeler. Just 2 wheel drive, but built like a tank. Believe it was either '82, or '84... Fast forward to today... I've still got it. It still fires right off, and does anything I ask it to. It's a little smokey, and a little loud (it devoured mufflers for some reason, and they're NLA), but still a solid machine. The Gator gets most of the hours now, but I never worry when I need something a little smaller, or a lot faster, because I know that Honda is gonna keep going...
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

thebuildist wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:31 pm David, you have a million irons in the fire! Do you ever sleep?

:D

Bob
Yes I do , trying to get rid of some of them . Sleep , well kinda sorta sometimes . My productive hours of the day are getting more so that help clear some of the back log.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

JSinMO wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:21 pm I haven’t seen a Big Red ATC in running condition in years! That brings back memories. 3 wheelers were the hot ticket there for awhile. Glad you got it running again.

Glad your getting some projects completed, if your like me it seems the list never ends! Sometimes I wish I could retire so I can get some work done!
I am hoping for the lotto win so the :wife: can retire and help more around the house . :violin:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder