Wheeled weed whacker.

Shoot the breeze here.
propane1 Canada

Wheeled weed whacker.

Post by propane1 »

Been thinking about a wheeled weed whacker for the last little bit, to use to do the ditch. And under trees and shrubs. I thought about buying a black and decker 3 in 1 weed whacker/mower. Going to be over $200.00 plus plus. So I was thinking about other ways too. A push reel mower came to mind. But again $200.00. So not sure either of the $200.00 ideas would work, I still was thinking. The black and decker item was not sold in stores, only on line. I don’t like that, I want to go to a store and look at items before I buy. So saw some weed whackers on you tube that people put wheels on. So, started thinking about that. So here’s what I came up with, looks kinda racy. Hehe. Just a quick made thing. I still have to try it out yet. Deck wheels and holders off a John Deere deck. It’s a bit heavy. If it works, then I’ll see if I can make the wheels quick disconnect so I can still use it as a normal weed whacker. :D

Have a good day.

Noel
Attachments
62B3BEFC-4071-4081-9A0A-3374027CFC3D.png
B2ADC10F-9784-4157-A705-ED4A7767A687.jpeg
76773A13-892E-47BA-B702-DB542CD23681.jpeg
5339D820-4EC7-4081-B7DE-7E2DB52BE360.jpeg
7B2E6A00-1B71-4F99-9545-DD2C3319DE2F.jpeg
C4856411-4246-43D4-94B0-53F8C77F1FD2.jpeg
Eugen Canada

Re: Wheeled weed whacker.

Post by Eugen »

Looks good Noel, but it would be easier to push if the wheels are larger. I have a weed whacker that I never use. The vibration is so bad my arm starts to be sore very quickly. I got the whacker right after buying this property, with dreams of keeping the vegetation nicely trimmed, but then the kids came and we are tolerating some pretty wild growing vegetation. :rofl:

But I like this idea, and would probably be able to use my whacker if it had wheels!
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Eugen wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:11 pm Looks good Noel, but it would be easier to push if the wheels are larger. I have a weed whacker that I never use. The vibration is so bad my arm starts to be sore very quickly. I got the whacker right after buying this property, with dreams of keeping the vegetation nicely trimmed, but then the kids came and we are tolerating some pretty wild growing vegetation. :rofl:

But I like this idea, and would probably be able to use my whacker if it had wheels!
Yes it would be easier with larger wheels Eugen.
I use gloves to help with the handle vibration. That helps a bit.

Noel
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

@Propane57 Noel , your back will thank you for it . I the same thing a few years back when I first hurt my back again . Only I used the old training wheels of my granddaughters bike . Needless to say I got some ribbing for having to have "Training Wheels" on a weed wacker.
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:42 pm @Propane57 Noel , your back will thank you for it . I the same thing a few years back when I first hurt my back again . Only I used the old training wheels of my granddaughters bike . Needless to say I got some ribbing for having to have "Training Wheels" on a weed wacker.
Hehe. Thought of training wheels Dave. But didn’t have any. :giggle: :giggle:

Noel
Last edited by propane1 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Pretty good idea Noel! I hope it works good. Bigger tires probably wouldn’t be to hard to scrounge up.

As far as vibration I’ve been using an 80 volt battery operated weed eater for 3 years now. It works great and very little vibration. I used to fight my gas power one every time I used it. Took longer to mess with the carb to get it to start than it did to use it. I know it was my fault for using ethanol fuel in it. My wife saw my cursing it one day and then I threw it half way across our property in aggravation. Shortly after that she came home from the store with the battery operated one. She found it on sale and grabbed it for me! I know it wasn’t my finest moment. I usually don’t get to worked with machines but that one caught me on a bad day! I did end up with a much better machine than I would have bought for myself. Just put the battery in and go!
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

They throw fairly good JSinMo. Ya grab the weed eating end and give it a good swing , with the weight of the motor on the other end, you can normally get them right into the woods. :giggle: :giggle:
They are some aggravating at times.

Battery things are much better than a few years ago.

Noel
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Propane57 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:57 pm They throw fairly good JSinMo. Ya grab the weed eating end and give it a good swing , with the weight of the motor on the other end, you can normally get them right into the woods. :giggle: :giggle:

Noel
LOL!!! You are exactly right sir!
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Propane57 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:57 pm They throw fairly good JSinMo. Ya grab the weed eating end and give it a good swing , with the weight of the motor on the other end, you can normally get them right into the woods. :giggle: :giggle:

Noel
A smaller battery one is what I have now . Chose one that worked with the batteries I all ready have . Defiantly not the best one , but was cheapest route at the time . Nice part is the :wife: and :51: use it to .
BTW. Gas power weed wackers through just like golf clubs . I don't own any of those anymore as well .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

When I was a kid we had a Ryobi weed whacker with the interchangeable attachments and I trimmed several lawns a week for years. I remember it worked reasonably well over the years. So when I bought my house 6 years ago, I bought a Ryobi at the local box store for $150. I had it about halfway assembled when I figured out it was a piece of junk. The plastic grass guard was held in place by a plastic wing nut. It just seemed cheap. I googled and people had issues with the plastic cam shaft? inside the engine melting when weed whacking larger properties. I spent more time trying to box that POS up than I did trying to assemble it. Anyways I returned it and bought a $250 Echo SRM225 weed whacker. Much better quality and the warranty tripled to 3 years. It's been trouble free for the past 6 years. Always starts on the 3rd pull. The closest thing to maintenance I've done on it is run the gas out of it at the end of the year. It just works. My only complaint is that it bogs until it warms up a bit... were talking like the first 30 seconds of use. Maybe next time I will buy the one with the interchangeable attachments.
Ingersoll 4016