Page 1 of 1

Fuel prices.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:25 am
by propane1
Holy cats and Jumpins, went up again today. :pullhair: :43: :42: :45: Prices are per litre.

Noel

Re: Fuel prices.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:33 am
by Eugen
:109: :headbash:

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:07 am
by DavidBarkey
Both the oil giants and the government will use every and any excuse to screw us at the pumps . Any crises somewhere in the world and they jack the prices up . They report billions in profit each year . Yet a lot of the independents can be as much as 20 cents per litre cheaper . Vehicles in our country are No longer a major source of pollution. Tech. and drive clean programs fixed that . Carbon is being produced by tons every where and always has been . That is not as much a problem as the reduction of carbon stores (trees) being removed . This carbon tax crap is doing nothing but screwing people at the pumps . I don't see anymore trees being planted from all that $$ there collecting . I beleave in the science , I beleave in climate change , yes it is real we need to do something about it . But a "Carbon Tax " does nothing ! Majority or the pollution comes from 3rd world countries now , address that and plant more :cuss: trees to replace all that have been cut down in the last 2 centuries .
Thats my rant for the day .

Dave

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:25 am
by propane1
Yea, great rant Dave. Carbon tax is to fill politicians pockets. That’s why you don’t see any trees being planted. And the governments are telling businesses to put their prices up, so they can get more tax dollars. Hehe. I doubt they do that. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they did.
There, small rant, mixed in with some rambling. Hehehehe.

Noel

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:55 am
by propane1
I’m doin my part Dave. I’m growin trees. First time for me ever doing this. Hehe. They all might die. But I’m having some fun. Oak trees. Picked up the acorns last fall. Off my sister in laws tree.
Every morning I come into garage I say, morning tractors and trees. Hehe.

Noel

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:16 am
by Eugen
Noel, that's really awesome! I got some a big oak tree in the brush next to our house and there are seedlings around it. I was thinking of transplanting one to our property, but growing one from acorn beats that!!! I might do that with our toddler, as a thing for him to remember when he grows up and I no longer am here. :violin:

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:53 am
by propane1
One of the trees spouted the same day my grandson was born, 8 weeks and 3 days ago. So that’s his tree.

Noel

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:10 am
by Gordy
An old saying I heard probably 50 years ago.
What do the government and the mob have in common? Answer, they both think the money in your wallet belongs to them.

What is the difference between the government and the mob? Answer, the government passes Laws to make it legal to take (steel) your money.
Someone once said, "Those who fail to study history, are doomed to repeat it." So those who did pay attention to history saw this coming, when covid hit and the US government ramped up the money printing presses and handing it all out. Sure it helped people out who were stuck at home and out of work due to lockdowns. BUT Inflation is the inevitable result of that policy. As nothing was produced to add value to the money being printed.

Sure there has always been money grubbers who will take advantage of any situation to take in more money. This fuels the conspiracy theory that covid was engineered so money could be made by producing vaccines. Ever wonder how the vaccine was produced so quickly? Maybe it was developed along side of covid engineering process :spin: Yes a lot of people have died from it, But I think we all know some people value your money more than they value your life, like the street thug who will shot you dead for your wallet. The big money grubbers at the top are the same but don't have to face you to kill you. AND the vaccine does NOT stop you from getting covid, it just reduces the effects from it. And like the flu shots, covid booster's may be a forever thing to look forward to $$$$.

Talk about rambling :109:

:cheers:
Gordy

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:42 am
by Gordy
OPP's forgot to ramble about the tree part ;)

In april of 88 I bought 10 acres, with about 8 of it open field. I spent $2,000 on seedling from the Soil and Water Conservation District. Then collecting acorns, horseshoe chestnuts and black walnuts to plant as well as rescuing seedlings from job sites before they were bulldozed under. Apparently the oaks dont like my black gumbo soil, out of the pails of acorns I put in the ground I only see 4 oak trees out there. The walnuts and horse shoe chestnuts on the other hand are doing great, and with the help of the squirrels they are multiplying. Just wish the squirrels would respect the lawn and garden and not plant there ;)

Gordy

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:16 pm
by Timj
Propane57 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:55 am I’m doin my part Dave. I’m growin trees. First time for me ever doing this. Hehe. They all might die. But I’m having some fun. Oak trees. Picked up the acorns last fall. Off my sister in laws tree.
Every morning I come into garage I say, morning tractors and trees. Hehe.

Noel
Must be nice and warm in your garage, them trees don't even know it's winter :48:

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:30 pm
by MattA
"IF" I did the conversion right, that's about $4.50USD/US Gallon :headbash:

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:52 pm
by Timj
:cuss: :furious: :O that smarts :O , not happy that the price keeps climbing here, but that sure doesn't help a guy get ahead. :124:

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:53 pm
by Eugen
It's most interesting to us from outside the US how your country is like a world in itself. We see you sometimes complain about the price of gasoline in the US, and it makes us giggle, as the rest of the world has always had much higher prices. I think if gas would go to the price we pay in Canada, which, by the way, is also lower than most other parts of the world, definitely much lower than Europe, you would probably topple the government. :usa: :rofl:

But then there are a lot of countries that have even lower prices than the US, that we in Canada :canada: never hear about. Earth nevertheless keeps on turning.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 15.51.20.png

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:14 pm
by DavidBarkey
Gordy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:42 am OPP's forgot to ramble about the tree part ;)

In april of 88 I bought 10 acres, with about 8 of it open field. I spent $2,000 on seedling from the Soil and Water Conservation District. Then collecting acorns, horseshoe chestnuts and black walnuts to plant as well as rescuing seedlings from job sites before they were bulldozed under. Apparently the oaks dont like my black gumbo soil, out of the pails of acorns I put in the ground I only see 4 oak trees out there. The walnuts and horse shoe chestnuts on the other hand are doing great, and with the help of the squirrels they are multiplying. Just wish the squirrels would respect the lawn and garden and not plant there ;)

Gordy

Dam squirrels , good help is hard to find isn't it .

Dave

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:19 pm
by DavidBarkey
MattA wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:30 pm "IF" I did the conversion right, that's about $4.50USD/US Gallon :headbash:
Looks about right . :cuss:

Dave

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm
by Timj
The price varies quite a bit from place to place here in the States too. You would think that it would be cheaper closer to the refineries, but that's not always the case. Taxes placed on fuel change the cost from place to place too. Wisconsin has road tax per gallon to help fund road projects, so we do get something back, and don't have tolls.

I don't know if you guys get anything in return for the price you pay other than the satisfaction you put more of your dollars in someones pocket.

The constant rise in price from every excuse imaginable hurts the most. And there's not much we can do about it. Grump, walk or stay home.

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:16 am
by DavidBarkey
Timj wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm The price varies quite a bit from place to place here in the States too. You would think that it would be cheaper closer to the refineries, but that's not always the case. Taxes placed on fuel change the cost from place to place too. Wisconsin has road tax per gallon to help fund road projects, so we do get something back, and don't have tolls.

I don't know if you guys get anything in return for the price you pay other than the satisfaction you put more of your dollars in someones pocket.

The constant rise in price from every excuse imaginable hurts the most. And there's not much we can do about it. Grump, walk or stay home.
Agrreed . It would be a lot easier to take if we felt we weren't be gouged all the time and we were getting good value for our tax dollars .

Dave

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:10 am
by Gordy
Timj wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm The price varies quite a bit from place to place here in the States too. You would think that it would be cheaper closer to the refineries, but that's not always the case. Taxes placed on fuel change the cost from place to place too. Wisconsin has road tax per gallon to help fund road projects, so we do get something back, and don't have tolls.

Here in MN the road tax per gallon used to go into a seperate road account. But the politicians decided it should instead go into the general fund :headbash: where it can be spent/wasted on pet projects rather than on roads and bridge maintenance :headbash: Then they were all shocked and surprised when the I-35 bridge collapsed :roll:

Gordy

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:12 pm
by Gordy
Eugen wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:53 pm It's most interesting to us from outside the US how your country is like a world in itself. We see you sometimes complain about the price of gasoline in the US, and it makes us giggle, as the rest of the world has always had much higher prices. I think if gas would go to the price we pay in Canada, which, by the way, is also lower than most other parts of the world, definitely much lower than Europe, you would probably topple the government. :usa: :rofl:

But then there are a lot of countries that have even lower prices than the US, that we in Canada :canada: never hear about. Earth nevertheless keeps on turning.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 15.51.20.png
Yes and there are countries where gas is much higher $.

I have been following Tesla. In some of the European countries with the highest gas prices Tesla is the sales leader not just in electric cars, but also beating out ICE car sales according to the Q4 sales reports. The Tesla Q4 report for 2021 came out, over 960,000 cars produced and sold worldwide in 2021. There is the new Giga Factories in Berlin and Austin TX, now producing non salable cars for quality control and safety testing, estimates are for salable cars in a month. It will be interesting to see the Tesla 2022 Q4 reports with these 2 new factory's up and running :spin: I wish I would have been smart enough to buy Tesla stock when it was $35 a share, the last I saw it was $960 a share :headbash:

Interesting about Tesla, they do NOT spend a penny on advertising, and they have NO cars sitting on a lot waiting to be sold :O The demand is so high that depending on the model, if you ordered one today you might get it in 3 to 12 months, due to pre orders in front of you ;)

Been thinking about a electric conversion for one of my GT's. But having problems getting my old brain to get all of the technical stuff figured out. And looks like the cost will be way more $$$ than a ICE repower.

Gordy

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:06 pm
by MattA
States are now going after more efficient vehicles for lost tax revenue. Utah and Oregon implemented a vehicle miles traveled tax on electric vehicles, some state are taxing electric cars extra at registration time and I actually just learned some states are also now taxing hybrid vehicles with additional fees. Really pays to buy a fuel efficient vehicle in some states :headbash:

Fortunately Massachusetts where I live is not taxing more fuel efficient and electric vehicles. Massachusetts actually has a $2500 EV tax credit for electric vehicles under $50K purchase price in addition to the $7500 federal tax credit. We had a $500 EV charger install credit at one point. Not sure if we still have it.

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:32 pm
by propane1
What about the guy who blew up his Tesla because it was to much money for a battery, on you tube. Hehe

Noel

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:36 pm
by Gordy
Propane57 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:32 pm What about the guy who blew up his Tesla because it was to much money for a battery, on you tube. Hehe

Noel
Saw that, nice fireball ;) As I recall it was a 2013, and yah $26,000 for the new battery pack seems a little steep :O Thought there are some questioning how he treated that car and battery pack. Others with the same model and year, say theirs is still going strong.

Gordy

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:54 pm
by Gordy
MattA wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:06 pm States are now going after more efficient vehicles for lost tax revenue. Utah and Oregon implemented a vehicle miles traveled tax on electric vehicles, some state are taxing electric cars extra at registration time and I actually just learned some states are also now taxing hybrid vehicles with additional fees. Really pays to buy a fuel efficient vehicle in some states :headbash:

Fortunately Massachusetts where I live is not taxing more fuel efficient and electric vehicles. Massachusetts actually has a $2500 EV tax credit for electric vehicles under $50K purchase price in addition to the $7500 federal tax credit. We had a $500 EV charger install credit at one point. Not sure if we still have it.
Have you heard what they are trying to pass in California? The money grubbers are trying to setback sustainable energy by adding a $8.00 surcharge per KW of installed solar panels, so someone with a 10 kw system is looking an $80 dollar a month surcharge :headbash: So much for leading the way to a better planet :violin:

Gordy

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:12 pm
by propane1
Somebody is always gunna make money. Some how. Then tax on the surcharge. Hehe.

Noel

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:36 am
by propane1
Gasoline up again today. $1.56?? Per litre.

Noel

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:14 am
by Eugen
Propane57 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:36 am Gasoline up again today. $1.56?? Per litre.

Noel
oh no :109:

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:50 pm
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:36 am Gasoline up again today. $1.56?? Per litre.

Noel
They say could be $1.65 soon . :cuss:

Dave

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:07 am
by propane1
Gas up again on Friday. Now is $1.576 per litre. Diesel $1.73 per litre. I heard gas will be to $2.00 a litre by the summer time. :cuss: :headbash: :pullhair: :42: :45: :109: Hopefully not.

Noel

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:34 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
Guess I should stop complaining about the $3.099 per gallon that I paid on Friday............

Bob

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:53 pm
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:07 am Gas up again on Friday. Now is $1.576 per litre. Diesel $1.73 per litre. I heard gas will be to $2.00 a litre by the summer time. :cuss: :headbash: :pullhair: :42: :45: :109: Hopefully not.

Noel

Things are bad enough right now . If it goes that high it will completely kill the economy and drive us into a resection. :109: :107: :(
Hopefully not :please:

Dave

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:45 am
by propane1
Well gas or any fuels didn't go up in price yesterday. But they didn’t go down either. :cuss: :headbash: :45:

Noel

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:56 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:45 am Well gas or any fuels didn't go up in price yesterday. But they didn’t go down either. :cuss: :headbash: :45:

Noel
The "experts" say it is a supply and demand . Well if we all said :cuss: , I am not starting it up unless really need to . I not going to supply them with my cash , I demand better pricing and scrap the carbon tax . :violin:

Dave

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:02 am
by Jancoe
Had to take a trip yesterday downstate in MI. Diesel is $3.73 here. In metro Detriot $4.35. Makes me not want to go anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:40 pm
by Seabee
Well Janco,

Here in Coldwater, MI on Friday, diesel was $3.999 /gallon. 30 miles east of me in Jonesville, MI I bought diesel for $3.619 / gallon. Makes it tough to justify driving that far just to fill the tank. But if you are already on the road it certainly merits paying attention to the prices!

Bill

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:10 am
by Gordy
A Tesla is looking really good about now ;) Especially if I can get the charger hooked up to the Off Peak meter :smash:

Gordy

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:18 am
by DavidBarkey
Seabee wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:40 pm Well Janco,

Here in Coldwater, MI on Friday, diesel was $3.999 /gallon. 30 miles east of me in Jonesville, MI I bought diesel for $3.619 / gallon. Makes it tough to justify driving that far just to fill the tank. But if you are already on the road it certainly merits paying attention to the prices!

Bill
10 min. from me is Coldwater Ont. gas there like all over is $1.62 litre that is $6.16 a US gallon .
:cuss:

Dave

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:21 am
by DavidBarkey
Gordy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:10 am A Tesla is looking really good about now ;) Especially if I can get the charger hooked up to the Off Peak meter :smash:

Gordy
Ya thats what they want . Get everyone dependent on electric vehicles and then tax to death electricity.

Dave

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:17 am
by propane1
I even seen a all electric skid steer the other day on a video. Equal to 100 hp. Charging can be done with 110 volt ac, 230 volt ac or 3 phase. Can you imagine the bill to charge something like that on 110volts. :42: :109:

Noel

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:22 am
by Gordy
DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:21 am
Gordy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:10 am A Tesla is looking really good about now ;) Especially if I can get the charger hooked up to the Off Peak meter :smash:

Gordy
Ya thats what they want . Get everyone dependent on electric vehicles and then tax to death electricity.

Dave
Solar, make your own electricity ;) Many places already have an EV road tax you pay yearly when you get your new license tabs. Here's a site on EV mileage tax.

https://www.myev.com/research/interesti ... on%20PHEVs.

Gas tax. I'm happy not to live in California, check out this map of state gas taxes and add the federal tax of $0.183 for gas and $0.243 for diesel per gallon :43:

https://taxfoundation.org/state-gas-tax-rates-2021/

What do the government and the mafia have in common? Answer; They both think the money in your wallet belongs to them.

What is the difference between the government and the mafia? Answer; The government passes laws to make it legal to forcibly take that money from you.

Gordy

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:45 am
by Gordy
Propane57 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:17 am I even seen a all electric skid steer the other day on a video. Equal to 100 hp. Charging can be done with 110 volt ac, 230 volt ac or 3 phase. Can you imagine the bill to charge something like that on 110volts. :42: :109:

Noel
Did you lookup the price?

I saw a ad for Mean Green Mowers. They have a commercial zero turn (EVO-74) with 7-8 hours run time on a single charge.

https://meangreenproducts.com/

Spoiler alert! Don't look at the price list for the EVO-74 if you have a leak ticker ;)

https://meangreenproducts.com/wp-conten ... 2020-1.pdf

Gordy

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:14 am
by propane1
Gordy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:45 am
Propane57 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:17 am I even seen a all electric skid steer the other day on a video. Equal to 100 hp. Charging can be done with 110 volt ac, 230 volt ac or 3 phase. Can you imagine the bill to charge something like that on 110volts. :42: :109:

Noel
Did you lookup the price?

I saw a ad for Mean Green Mowers. They have a commercial zero turn (EVO-74) with 7-8 hours run time on a single charge.

https://meangreenproducts.com/

Spoiler alert! Don't look at the price list for the EVO-74 if you have a leak ticker ;)

https://meangreenproducts.com/wp-conten ... 2020-1.pdf

Gordy

$70,000 US to buy it. Runs 8 hours per charge. 6 to 12 hours to recharge depending on which method you use.

Noel

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:51 am
by Spike188
image.png
https://www.electrictractor.com/the-company-today/

This is a company, an offshoot of an earlier company that developed and marketed the "Blue Ox". That company was listed on the Toronto Stock exchange for a while. They were able to take advantage of electric equipment rebate programs that made them affordable. Their biggest selling feature was being a tow vehicle in green house settings.

It will be interesting to see if this time around will be a marketing success.

Spike

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:38 pm
by DavidBarkey
Don't get me wrong , electric everything has it place . But I have seen it before up here . They had everyone going to electric heat , furnace and baseboard rads along with stoves and hot water heaters plus, plus .After decade and a lot of people trapped on the grid prices go through the roof . Poorly maintained infrastructure and a Hydro CEO the made many millions per year . :cuss: :violin:

Dave

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:49 am
by DavidBarkey
News is warning of price hikes at the pumps again . $1.75 ish :canada: by the weekend Thats $6.65 ish as :usa: gallon. It is allready over $1.80 in some parts of BC. :violin:
Well at least it's not raining bombs here .

Dave

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:55 am
by propane1
Ya, things could be worse Dave. That’s for sure.

Noel

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:43 pm
by Eugen
95BBB77D-CF91-4A38-AA1E-A20959B2DCC0.jpeg

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:38 am
by Gordy
Or this, maybe some noxious gas emissions if beans were consumed ;)
image.png
Gordy

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:30 am
by DavidBarkey
@Eugen @Gordy
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dave

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:41 am
by propane1
Well the world is gunna end. Holy cats the price of gas up 13.8 cents per litre. What. ? Average prices are, regular gas $1.72 per litre. Diesel $1.88 per litre. Home heating oil $1.46 per litre. Jumpins. :45: :O :42: :40:

Noel

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:35 am
by Eugen
Propane57 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:41 am Well the world is gunna end. Holy cats the price of gas up 13.8 cents per litre. What. ? Average prices are, regular gas $1.72 per litre. Diesel $1.88 per litre. Home heating oil $1.46 per litre. Jumpins. :45: :O :42: :40:

Noel
:O

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:29 am
by propane1
Well. Isn’t this a kick in the rear end. That my friends is what you call a Jumpins.
Fuel prices up again today. :headbash: :cuss: :45: :O :109:

As I said yesterday. The world is gunna end. :42: :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:48 am
by DavidBarkey
@Propane57 It is already $1.76 here and over $2.00 in BC. And will get worse before better . Time to put Alberta oil fields back to work . And the :canada: government needs to suspend the taxes for a while .

Dave

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:19 am
by propane1
Exactly Dave.

And about 1000 cases of covid here per day now for the last couple of days.

There’s my good news report for today. :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:05 pm
by Gordy
Propane57 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:19 am Exactly Dave.

And about 1000 cases of covid here per day now for the last couple of days.

There’s my good news report for today. :giggle:

Noel
Similar numbers reductions here. And the officials are removing mask mandates, which is a bit scary. We have seen this before, only to see surges as a result. On the news mask mandates have been dropped in a bunch of schools, many of the kid's continue to wear their masks. When the reporters asked them why? The kid's said they are used to wearing them and feeler safer wearing them, having seen past surges.

So yes some good news from the younger crowd ;)

Gordy

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:07 pm
by propane1
Most restrictions are being lifted here April 7. But I’m sure a lot of people will still wear the masks. It’s so out of hand here now, there’s not much they can do. At a 1000 cases a day they can’t keep up with the tracing.

Noel

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:34 pm
by Gordy
DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:48 am And the :canada: government needs to suspend the taxes for a while .

Dave
I hear you :roll: Minnesota is looking at a 9.3 Billion surplus. Some want to return it, BUT many are looking to spend it as fast as they can :headbash:

https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-sur ... -3-billion

Purposed gas tax suspension for the summer. May help the road runners out there but won't do me much good :cry:

https://www.fox9.com/news/dflers-say-mi ... tion-hedge

Gordy

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:01 am
by DavidBarkey
Gordy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:34 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:48 am And the :canada: government needs to suspend the taxes for a while .

Dave
I hear you :roll: Minnesota is looking at a 9.3 Billion surplus. Some want to return it, BUT many are looking to spend it as fast as they can :headbash:

https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-sur ... -3-billion

Purposed gas tax suspension for the summer. May help the road runners out there but won't do me much good :cry:

https://www.fox9.com/news/dflers-say-mi ... tion-hedge

Gordy
Wow .

Dave

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:27 am
by Eugen
buyhybrid.jpg
:spin: :rofl:

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:23 pm
by Eugen
25B02F06-3722-42DE-95E6-6981B4CEB733.jpeg

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:49 am
by propane1
Well Jumpins and holy cats. Gas is up 11 cents per litre today. It’s now $1.87. Diesel and heating oil up 9 cents per litre. Diesel now $2.09. Heating oil $1.66. :cuss: :headbash: :(( :pullhair: :45: :O

Noel

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:24 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:49 am Well Jumpins and holy cats. Gas is up 11 cents per litre today. It’s now $1.87. Diesel and heating oil up 9 cents per litre. Diesel now $2.09. Heating oil $1.66. :cuss: :headbash: :(( :pullhair: :45: :O

Noel
Has been $1.85 at the corner station since Friday . :cuss:

Dave

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:25 am
by propane1
Jumpins and holy cats. Gas price down 2 cents today. Woo hoo. Better than up thou. And it figures, just like I thought. Gas jumping up 12 cents at a time. But only goes down 2 cents.
No price change in diesel or home heating oil.
Propane up this time. 4.3 cents.

Noel

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:45 am
by DavidBarkey
This article explains alot of the why and what they are going to do to stabilize the market .
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ope ... s-83199968

Dave

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:44 am
by propane1
That page doesn't work for me Dave. Says 404 error. Page doesn’t exist. ? :106:

Noel

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:28 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:44 am That page doesn't work for me Dave. Says 404 error. Page doesn’t exist. ? :106:

Noel
Re pasted it in . works now . Have no idea why .

Dave

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:41 am
by propane1
Gas down 10 cents a litre today. Diesel and heating oil down 18 cents. Hopefully it keeps going in that direction. Still has a long way to go down yet. To be sorta normal.

Noel

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:09 pm
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:41 am Gas down 10 cents a litre today. Diesel and heating oil down 18 cents. Hopefully it keeps going in that direction. Still has a long way to go down yet. To be sorta normal.

Noel
Same here . I do to .

Dave

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:42 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
There is a station near here selling 87 octane 10% ethanol fuel for $3.79 per gallon if you want to endure a 1/2 hour wait with cars going both directions jockeying for position. Otherwise, $4.49-$4.89 an hour outside of Chicago.

Bob

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:08 pm
by Timj
myerslawnandgarden wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:42 pm There is a station near here selling 87 octane 10% ethanol fuel for $3.79 per gallon if you want to endure a 1/2 hour wait with cars going both directions jockeying for position. Otherwise, $4.49-$4.89 an hour outside of Chicago.

Bob
Kinda makes you wonder.... :hm:
It's been holding at $3.99 here for a few days.
Tim

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:07 pm
by Eugen
A0655976-A72D-4D01-A230-40370A8C9B58.jpeg

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:35 am
by propane1
Woo hoo, slooowly going down, the price of gasoline. Down 5 cents today. No change for diesel and heating oil.
Gasoline $1.66 per litre, diesel $1.88, heating oil $1.47. :45:

Noel

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:47 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:35 am Woo hoo, slooowly going down, the price of gasoline. Down 5 cents today. No change for diesel and heating oil.

Noel

Gas ranges from $1.65 - $1.86 around here at the moment The rest is about the same . The worst part is the oil companies and the tax man will use this to keep it higher than it was before even when crude drops below prior levels . They always do .

Dave

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:11 am
by propane1
DavidBarkey wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:47 am
Propane57 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:35 am Woo hoo, slooowly going down, the price of gasoline. Down 5 cents today. No change for diesel and heating oil.

Noel

Gas ranges from $1.65 - $1.86 around here at the moment The rest is about the same . The worst part is the oil companies and the tax man will use this to keep it higher than it was before even when crude drops below prior levels . They always do .

Dave
That is for sure.

Noel

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:58 pm
by propane1
Jumpins and holy cats, So much for down hill price. Up up again. 5 cents a litre , now $1.72. Diesel up 10 cents a litre , now $2.00.
:cuss: :headbash: :45: :pullhair: :106: :O :109:

Noel

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:28 pm
by MattA
I paid $4.25/gallon here last week. I got 3+ weeks out of my last tank. I was able to work from home part of the time. I'm in the office this week.

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:51 am
by propane1
Not good. Diesel and oil up 10 cents a litre today. Gas stayed the same. Tomorrow is our regular day for adjustments. Will see what happens. :pullhair:
Diesel $2.11 a litre, heating oil $1.68.

Noel

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:13 pm
by Eugen
yeah, every trip to Toronto and back costs me almost $100. :pullhair: tomorrow it'll be more with a loaded trailer behind :headbash:

it is what it is :whip:

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:26 pm
by Harry
I usually get gasoline about a mile away from my house at a discount station that only takes cash. Across the street is the credit union where we do our banking. So I can run through the ATM then get gas. Last week I paid $4.29 a gallon, today it cost $4.09. When I start filling up the gas jugs for summer tractor activities, which is usually non-ethanol. I can already feel my wallet getting smaller! :cuss:

Keep the Peace
Harry

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:34 am
by propane1
Up, up, up and away. All fuels up again today. I guess there’s no end to it.
And lucky me, I use Superior Propane for my propane supplier ! :pullhair: :cuss: :45:

Noel

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:07 am
by DavidBarkey
Ya gas was $1.76 at the corner station yesterday . :violin:

Dave

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:03 am
by propane1
Gasoline, diesel and furnace oil down 5 cents per litre today. :thumbsup:
Still to high thou. But better than going up.

Noel

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 pm
by MattA
I paid $4.15/gallon tonight... $49 to fill the tank from 3/16 to full.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:56 pm
by Timj
Paid $3.89 today but it was $104. to fill the pickup. :112:

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:42 am
by DavidBarkey
The local station had gas for $1.75 per litre :canada: ($6.73 gallon :usa: ) and deisel for $2.01 per litre :canada: ($7.74 gallon :usa: ) :33:
Oh ya , and it is going up again with more Carbon Tax

Dave

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:53 am
by propane1
Carbon tax. Jumpins what a stupid thing that is. Fill the politicians pockets, that’s all that is. Then tax on top of the carbon tax. :cuss: :headbash: :pullhair:

Noel.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:50 am
by propane1
Amazingly no change in fuel prices today. :O :

Noel

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:19 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:50 am Amazingly no change in fuel prices today. :O :

Noel
Ya hasn't gone down either . Our currant Federal Government will everything possible to help others for which it is commended for . But when it comes to the working class tax payer , well you know your the working class too .

Dave

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:23 pm
by Eugen
34ABAD97-5B61-4E12-A698-918CA89D4303.jpeg

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:27 pm
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:23 pm 34ABAD97-5B61-4E12-A698-918CA89D4303.jpeg
:rofl: :rofl:

Dave

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:27 am
by propane1
Cheaper to use high test gasoline than regular gasoline. I'm no math type person so I could have done me figurin wrong, but what i came up with is, it's $4.77 cheaper to go 100 kilometres on high test than on regular gasoline. I've been using high test for the last two tank fills and noticed mileage was better.
You members figure it up and see if you get the same sort of results. just for fun, if you want.
Test your math skills. Gets the brain active, :giggle: I had some black smoke comin out my ears, because my brain is so in active. :giggle: :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:02 pm
by Timj
So, I did a little :writing: , based on the milage I get on my truck (2018 F350)and current price, it would cost me $26.64 to go 100 miles with 87octane (E10) It would cost $23.80 with 88 octane (E15). If I could do 3mpg better with 91octane it would cost $26.06.

I have never ran premium in this truck, so I guess I would have to put to the test.

Thanks for the lunch time brain stretching Noel :35:
:geek: Tim

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:47 pm
by propane1
Your welcome Tim. :78:

Noel

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:10 pm
by Eugen
I never did any calculation but the manual for my Honda Ridgeline truckette recommends premium gas when you towing any significant weight. The max towing weight for this vehicle is 5000 lbs, which is plenty enough for me. I did use premium fuel when towing, and it seems less sluggish. :spin:

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:45 pm
by DavidBarkey
If you guys are going to do test regular against premium , also try regular with a can of Seafoam and compare all 3 including the cost of the Seafoam .

Dave

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:40 pm
by propane1
I would think that would be much more expensive. Can’t remember what those cans cost.
Maybe some day I’ll try it. Maybe.

Noel

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:46 am
by propane1
No change in gas prices today. But Diesel and furnace oil down 2.8 cents a litre.

Noel

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:08 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:40 pm I would think that would be much more expensive. Can’t remember what those cans cost.
Maybe some day I’ll try it. Maybe.

Noel
Mid size trucks and suv's have about 20 gallon / 80 litre tank . Based on last weeks prices .
Reg. $1.70 x 80 = $136
Prem. $1.95 x 80 =$156
Reg $1.70 X 80 = $136 + $14 for seafoam = $150

Dave

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:48 am
by propane1
Your premium is quite a bit more than regular in your area Dave. Our premium is about 8 cents higher than regular. Yours is 25 cents higher.

Noel

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:59 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:48 am Your premium is quite a bit more than regular in your area Dave. Our premium is about 8 cents higher than regular. Yours is 25 cents higher.

Noel
And I guaranty it is no 17 cents better than your premium. It is things like that and the difference of 25 cents a litre cheaper with in 45 min drive of here that make you question the intergirty of the system .

Dave

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:14 am
by Timj
Our premium here is $0.70 per gallon more than regular. That difference makes it look like alot but the math shows it only takes 3mpg to save a little. The question is will it gain 3mpg?

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:57 am
by propane1
I drive a 2005 ranger level 2, 4x4, 4.0 litre. I was getting 14 mpg, with the high test I’m getting 17 mpg. 16-18 is what I get in the summer. To get 17 this time of year is amazing. This is around town mileage. Best I ever got was 23 mpg. That was on a trip to Ottawa.
How I got on to this foolishness, is one of my tractor buddies who comes for Sunday afternoon visits some times got me on to this. He said his truck, 1997 Ford 1/2 ton 4.6 litre with 600,000 kilometres on it, works better and gives better gas mileage and was cheaper to operate, on high test fuel. Ours here is 91 octane. This guy has his own heavy truck repair shop and keeps details of every thing.
Any way. I kinda said in my mind, ya ya, your pulling my leg on this one. But I figured I’d try it. And both last two tank fills, the mpg was up. So I’ll keep doing it and see. May just be a fluke. :hm: :106:

Pretty good ramble,

Noel

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:22 am
by Eugen
Hm.. :hm: now I have to try it and see :35:

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:25 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:57 am I drive a 2005 ranger level 2, 4x4, 4.0 litre. I was getting 14 mpg, with the high test I’m getting 17 mpg. 16-18 is what I get in the summer. To get 17 this time of year is amazing. This is around town mileage. Best I ever got was 23 mpg. That was on a trip to Ottawa.
How I got on to this foolishness, is one of my tractor buddies who comes for Sunday afternoon visits some times got me on to this. He said his truck, 1997 Ford 1/2 ton 4.6 litre with 600,000 kilometres on it, works better and gives better gas mileage and was cheaper to operate, on high test fuel. Ours here is 91 octane. This guy has his own heavy truck repair shop and keeps details of every thing.
Any way. I kinda said in my mind, ya ya, your pulling my leg on this one. But I figured I’d try it. And both last two tank fills, the mpg was up. So I’ll keep doing it and see. May just be a fluke. :hm: :106:

Pretty good ramble,

Noel
I have a 2007 Dakota 3.7 V6 2wd. I get about the same millage as yours . I found very little difference using high test but did find a marked difference using Seafoam especially when towing . As with everything results may vary depending on your fuel and you truck .

Dave

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:34 am
by propane1
So I should try the seafoam with the high test fuel. Might get 20 mpg. :giggle:
Next tank, if I can remember to get a can of seafoam, I’ll try it.

Noel.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:23 pm
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:34 am So I should try the seafoam with the high test fuel. Might get 20 mpg. :giggle:

Noel.
Won't hurt to try . Worst is it will clean things up a bit.

Dave

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:39 am
by MattA
Gas is down to $3.99/gallon here. 5 gallons for the tractor + 3/4 tank for my car only cost me $65 :roll: I did manage 65mpg in town :thumbsup: That's a bit higher than normal but I used to see those kind of numbers on the factory low rolling resistance tires. I've got a 2017 Sonata hybrid... just looks like a normal car.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:45 am
by MattA
Here's a screen shot for you guys from a couple of years ago...

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:43 am
by Eugen
:O @MattA totally awesome! My 650cc Suzuki V-Strom has worse mileage than that! :pullhair:

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:47 am
by MattA
I used to be able to get 52-53mpg in my daily commute to and from work. It's a mix of back roads, highway and city traffic. When I changed from the Hankook low rolling resistance factory tires to the Continental tires I lost 5mpg. The Continentals were supposed to have low rolling resistance but improved rain and snow traction (they do). The Continentals will literally cost me their purchase price in lost gas mileage over the life of the tire.

The 66mpg picture above was achieved between my parents house and my house while traveling between 35 and 50mph for about 30 miles. The trip might be slightly downhill, so doing the reverse trip could get a little lower gas mileage.

If you guys are interested, I can post up some feedback on owning a hybrid for the past 5 years.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:54 am
by propane1
Was into Princess auto today for three things. Only found one. :headbash:
Why can’t there be a store that carries every thing. :cuss: , and don’t say Canadian tire, cause I went there too. And they didn’t have what I wanted. Wasting gas driving around. :giggle:

Any way, got the seafoam for the next fill up of gas in the truck. Won’t be filling it for another 2 to 3 weeks or so yet. I’ll probably forget where I put the seafoam. Or forget I even got it. :giggle: :giggle:

Ramble.

Noel

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:09 am
by propane1
My son and I have a spot to sorta test rolling resistance on vehicles. Get car to 60 k without any cars behind you, then at a certain spot put the vehicle in neutral, then at each next 3 intersections check the speed. Sure opens your eyes as to how good some roll and some don’t. This spot is flat and some slight down hills and one up hill at the end. Before a 4 way stop. If you make it that far. Only car that made it to the 4 way stop was a 1993 Buick Roadmaster station wagon. 350 engine. It would get 30 mpg on the highway. My cousin in Ottawa owned it.

There. That’s a good ramble.

Noel

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:46 pm
by Gordy
I had a 99 Buick LeSabre, 3.8 engine. With the factory Continental's I was getting 29.5 MPH. Went to Walmart and got GoodYear's put on it, and instantly lost 2.5 MPG. While working out of town I had an issue with one tire, there was a Goodyear dealer close by, they took a glance at the tire and told me they would not touch it and that I had to take it back to Walmart for the warranty. They said that because of Walmart's wholesale pricing negotiations, the Goodyear tires you buy there are basically lower quality seconds.

Cheers,
Gordy

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:26 pm
by MattA
BJ's wholesale club here in the northeast also sells garbage tires. Bought some Michelin tires for my wife's sonata eco. It went from 42mpg to 36mpg. They didn't have much tread depth and they didn't last long. Tried taking them back but BJ's wouldn't help. Probably should have talked to the manager.

Anyways when coasting or slowing down in a hybrid, the gas engine is off and decoupled from the transmission. The electric drive motor is used to regenerate electricity anytime your off the accelerator while slowing the car down. They car is essentially trying to mimic a normal car slowing down. Applying the brake increases the amount of regeneration until the battery is full or the speed drops below 5mph, then its conventional friction brakes. I assume a very hard stop just uses the friction brakes. The only time I've completely filled the battery during regeneration, I was coming down a step mountain grade for a few minutes.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:18 pm
by Harry
I filled up my Jeep with gas today and saw this sticker on the pump.

Keep the Peace :cop:
Harry

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:49 pm
by propane1
No change in fuel prices this week. Our normal price change day is Friday. :D

Noel

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:54 pm
by Timj
Harry wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:18 pm I filled up my Jeep with gas today and saw this sticker on the pump.

Harry
They've been showing up around here for quite a while, but recently the stations can't keep up with taking them off.
:geek: Tim

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:21 pm
by Gordy
Harry wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:18 pm I filled up my Jeep with gas today and saw this sticker on the pump.

Harry
Not bad, 100 of those stickers for $4.95 and free shipping :smash:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373762926053?c ... 1&mkcid=28

Just noticed the same deal but for 3.99.

Gordy

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:43 am
by propane1
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :headbash:

Fuel gone up again. Went up 5 cents on Thursday and 1 cent on Friday.
Regular gasoline $1.74 per litre.

Noel

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:13 am
by propane1
Holy cats. Prices up again. Gasoline up 4 cents a litre. And diesel and furnace oil up 15 cents. That’s what you call a Jumpins. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :headbash: :headbash: :headbash:
Glad I don’t burn diesel or furnace oil. :43:

Noel

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:51 am
by propane1
Here’s some useless information and a ramble.
Was figuring the cost to run a tractor with today’s fuel prices. Using a Allis Chalmers D15 tractor. Tractordata has fuel use on that model. Gasoline tractor uses 12.8 litres per hour. Diesel tractor uses 10.9 litres per hour. Gasoline price today after the jump is $1.79, diesel is $2.36. So the gasoline tractor costs $22.95 per hour and the diesel tractor costs $25.24 per hour. :O
Like I said. Just useless information. But it’s entertaining. :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:09 am
by Eugen
It's getting crazy! I don't feel like using any of my tractors! :furious:

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:21 am
by Timj
Not really useless info. They are numbers those who run equipment need to look, at but don't want to see. :109: Another reason I'm glad I sold my big drill, average 6 gal per hour, run it hard 12+/hr. $60/hr :O :((

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:50 am
by propane1
Oh I know that any body running a business Tim needs to know the costs. And we all do. I was just rambling as normal. My son in law does, he operates his own dump trucks. A 15 cent a litre jump to him will be a big cost. When he uses 100’s of litres a day.

Noel

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:19 am
by Harry
Eugen wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:09 am It's getting crazy! I don't feel like using any of my tractors! :furious:
That's what I'm thinking Eugen! I was planning on digging a small pond in the back this summer with my 644 lbh and move the dirt with my 646 loader.
I can't imagine how many times I'll have to fill 5 gallon jugs to keep the tractors going. Plus to keep the grass cut.

Harry

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:59 am
by Eugen
Someone posted on the local Facebook groups that propane went up a lot. Lots of people around here heat their house with propane. Hopefully it will go back down by next winter.

OK, so there'a bad guy stirring the s**t out of Russia, prices go up on a lot of essential needs. People become upset everywhere, unrest. Smouldering fire in the world, what does it take to burst into flame? My point is, things will not get better before they get worse, and we're in this for the long run. Hope I'm wrong. There, here's my rambling for the day. :violin:

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:10 am
by propane1
Propane went down here about two weeks ago. Only couple of cents, didn’t go up here today, but our normal price change day is tomorrow. So who knows. I use propane for heat.

Oh ya, great ramble Eugen. :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:44 pm
by MattA
My propane company only filled my tank to 80% and I'm on a prebuy program :cuss: Still $300+ left out of the $2K or so I had prepaid last summer 🙄

Anyways I forgot to mention late last week while driving to work I passed a military convoy. Half dozen or so trucks towing artillery and a few other trucks. Saw a small convoy of 3 trucks the week before and just a single truck 3 weeks back.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:14 pm
by Timj
It's absolutely crazy with all the price increases, :dizzy: I can't even try to give an estimate. :124: The 6" schedule 40 pipe I buy has went up over $7.00/ft in the last 6 weeks, that's on top of the $10.00/ft it went up last year. :violin: Funny thing is it is not slowing work down at all. :106:
short ramble, its been a long day

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:08 am
by propane1
Jumpins, holy cats and all that stuff.!! :O
Fuel up again today. Gasoline up 5 cents, now $1.85 per litre. Diesel up 16 cents, now $2.50 per litre. Furnace oil up 16 cents, now $2.04 per litre. :cuss:
Guess I’ll be staying home more again.

Noel

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:58 am
by DavidBarkey
I think it might be time to by some goats to do the grass for us .
Dave

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:28 am
by MattA
Propane57 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:08 am Jumpins, holy cats and all that stuff.!! :O
Fuel up again today. Gasoline up 5 cents, now $1.85 per litre. Diesel up 16 cents, now $2.50 per litre. Furnace oil up 16 cents, now $2.04 per litre. :cuss:
Guess I’ll be staying home more again.

Noel
That works out to about $5.46 USD per gallon :cuss:
Gas here was back up to $3.99 per gallon last week. No idea what gas costs this week. I've got another week before I need to fill up. $50 will get me about 550 miles.

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:30 am
by propane1
Diesel and oil up again today. 10 cents per litre. That’s 41 cents in 3 days.
Gasoline didn’t go up today.

Noel

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:45 am
by DavidBarkey
Ya Noel , Its about the same here .

Dave

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:15 pm
by Gordy
:headbash: :headbash: :cuss: I should have gotten a Tesla on pre order a year or more ago :headbash: :violin:

Hoping for another dry mowing season like last year :please:

Gordy

Posted: Tue May 03, 2022 9:35 am
by propane1
Propane57 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:34 am So I should try the seafoam with the high test fuel. Might get 20 mpg. :giggle:

Noel.
Ok, filled up today. Put the seafoam in, then filled with high test, $1,93 per litre, Ouch ! :headbash: So will see if any difference next fill up.
This past tank was 15.92 mpg. Down from last months of 17 mpg. But I have a front caliber sticking on. So that would change the mileage. Don’t know really how long it’s been doing that. Noticed a smell last Saturday and wheel a bit hot.
Had it out yesterday. Wheel cold when I got home. Today just warm. Son has caliber on order
Hope to put it in this Saturday. I’ll adjust rear brakes and grease every thing to. Son has hoist. :please:

Noel

Posted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:12 am
by propane1
Gas up 9 cents a litre today :cuss: diesel and furnace oil down 7 cents a litre. :cuss:

Noel

Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:48 am
by propane1
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: all fuels up 5 cents today, because of the stupid Beepin Beepin carbon tax. Gasoline now, $1.993 per litre.
Politicians getting richer.

There now, Monday ramble/rant.

Noel

Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:51 am
by DavidBarkey
$1.84 in Midland so I went in and filled 3 x 25 litre cans and topped up truck on that "Cheap Gas" before it goes up again . That was $180 :canada: for 98 litres / 25 gallons :usa:

Dave

Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:10 am
by propane1
Holy cats Dave. Gunna be expensive for me. Got some gardens to till up in the next two weeks or so, and all 1/2 drive away from home. Mostly family members. So you know what that means, money out of my pocket, and none coming in. Have one fella to do maybe, not a family member. He always pays me, but I keep telling him I don’t want any thing.
I just can’t see how it’s all gunna pan out, with all the things I do thru the summer months. Jumpins stayed home most of the winter. Only filled the truck 6 times in the last 6 months. Now it will be 2 to 3 times a month plus the gas cans for yard work.

Another ramble.

Noel

Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 5:50 pm
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:10 am Holy cats Dave. Gunna be expensive for me. Got some gardens to till up in the next two weeks or so, and all 1/2 drive away from home. Mostly family members. So you know what that means, money out of my pocket, and none coming in. Have one fella to do maybe, not a family member. He always pays me, but I keep telling him I don’t want any thing.
I just can’t see how it’s all gunna pan out, with all the things I do thru the summer months. Jumpins stayed home most of the winter. Only filled the truck 6 times in the last 6 months. Now it will be 2 to 3 times a month plus the gas cans for yard work.

Another ramble.

Noel
Fortunately some of that gas gets paid for by clients . Fresh gas in equipment when needed . Pick up and delivery charge helps keep the truck paid for .
Seldom venture far from home these days still . If I work my orders right , I get free delivery . I just wish I could keep up with things , work coming in and around here .

Dave

Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 am
by propane1
Well I guess my gas mileage test has ended. Hauling this around isn’t gunna give any good gas mileage results. But, still believe I am getting better mileage with the high test fuel.

Noel

Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:47 am
by Eugen
Propane57 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 am Well I guess my gas mileage test has ended. Hauling this around isn’t gunna give any good gas mileage results. But, still believe I am getting better mileage with the high test fuel.

Noel
That's right Noel, be strong in faith! I try to minimize any driving now :headbash:

Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am
by Gordy
Propane57 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:26 am Well I guess my gas mileage test has ended. Hauling this around isn’t gunna give any good gas mileage results. But, still believe I am getting better mileage with the high test fuel.

Noel
Just curios with your testing, have you done the math to see if there is any cost $ benefit? A buddy did simular testing years ago and figured any increase in mileage was wiped out with the higher price of the better fuel.

Gordy

Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:48 am
by propane1
Gordy wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 am

Noel
Just curios with your testing, have you done the math to see if there is any cost $ benefit? A buddy did simular testing years ago and figured any increase in mileage was wiped out with the higher price of the better fuel.

Gordy

I did Gordy. But it was only for one tank full. And thing change. As my last tank full was down a mile per gallon. But I had a sticking brake caliber, for about a week.
Any way, that one time it checked the prices it cost around $4.50 Canadian less to go 100 kilometres.
I sure that will vary. But the fella I got the idea from to try this says if costs him less and his truck works better. He’s on the go every day. I don’t see any difference in how my truck works. But hauling the trailer I will not get any pinging while under load with the high test, I would on regular fuel.

Noel

Posted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:40 pm
by propane1
Well I filled up before I started hauling the trailer and tractor regularly. I was about above the 1/2 mark on the gauge. Any way 17.08 mpg. That’s with a day or two with the brake dragging and hauling the empty trailer form my sons place to my place. 15 minutes of mostly town driving. So she’s back up one mile to the gallon, from the last fill up.
Any way. I’ll see what I get dragging the trailer and tractor around. Will be mixed. Trailer won’t be on every day.

Ramble. :D

Noel

Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:53 am
by propane1
Gasoline up again today. 3 cents per litre. $2.028 per litre. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: Isn't just great. !

Noel

Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 3:43 pm
by Eugen
Propane57 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:53 am Gasoline up again today. 3 cents per litre. $2.028 per litre. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: Isn't just great. !

Noel
:109: they totally :whip: us! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 8:47 pm
by MattA
That's $5.98/gallon for us state side people :cuss:
Gas was $4.23/gallon last week when I filled up.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:50 am
by propane1
Gas up again and diesel down today. Sooo, another gas mileage test on the truck. This time all normal driving, but one trip with the trailer and tractor to my daughters place, 1/2 hour drive each way. Mileage was 17.2 mpg. Not to bad. Same as last check, maybe a bit better. Some highway driving to her place. Our highway driving is like city and highway combined here. No real long highways to get a good test on.

Noel

Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:36 pm
by DavidBarkey
$2.08 for gas and $2.50 for diesel a litre around here yesterday . :cuss:

Dave

Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:40 pm
by propane1
$2.108 for gas. $2.42 diesel here. Could be changed again but now.

Noel

Posted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:14 am
by propane1
Well I can’t believe it. Gas went down 4.5 cents per litre and diesel and furnace oil down 25 cents per litre. Propane down 1.2 cents. Going in the right direction any way.

Noel

Posted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:26 am
by MattA
Gas was $4.59USD/Gallon yesterday. Around $1.56CAD/Liter. Still trending up.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:10 am
by propane1
Gasoline up 3 cents a litre. :cuss: :headbash: $2.13 now. Diesel didn’t change this time, same price per litre as the gas.
Fella phoned last nite wondering if I’d like to go to a meeting with some fellas and set up a time to have a tractor run get together. Thought that’s a good idea. Then I figured how much it was going to cost me to just go to the meeting. He’s 55 kilometres away. So would cost me $40.00 just to go to meeting and back. I think I’ll past on the meeting and hopefully go to the tractor run.

Noel

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:47 pm
by MattA
Gas is $4.79/gallon USD here which is $1.62/liter CAD.
If this was a supply and demand problem, the price would have crashed during early covid. Covid rush hour traffic during the peak was like 10-20% of what it was pre-covid and gas remained the same price. While doing research for my retirement funds, I found that all my tech stock related funds are 20-30% down while energy stocks are up 60-80%. Corporate greed?

Its Friday and my lawns burnt. No mowing again this week. That saves $12-15 in gas and gives me 3-4 more hours to spend with the family this weekend :thumbsup:

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:58 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
Filled up locally tonight, 12 gallons in the car and the gas cans for mowing home and my mother's. $160.00. Gas was $5.29, it is $5.55 10 miles east where I work and over $6 as you get into the Chicago suburbs.

Bob

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:03 pm
by Jancoe
Wow. What a time we're in. Our town has gas at 4.99 and diesel is 5.69. I'm glad I got my diesel the other day when it was 5.00. .69 cent increase in just 2 days. Wow. We have seen a decrease in our rv sales at the dealership I work at. I work in service and were still busy but what I have seen is an increase in repairs per unit. Most of the customers are having more repairs done because they don't want to move it after they take it it their destination and most don't want to take their camper far.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:17 pm
by Harry
I usually purchase fuel from a local station about a mile from my house. It's cash only and I paid $4.69 a gallon today. I filled up my new Equinox which cost me $60. In NY they are stopping the state fuel tax temporairly.

Keep the Peace
Harry

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:08 am
by propane1
Just checked the prices for fuel. Today is not our normal price change day, Friday is. Any way, no change in gasoline price, but diesel and oil up 8 cents per litre. Propane went down 2 cents per litre last week.

Noel

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:00 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:08 am Just checked the prices for fuel. Today is not our normal price change day, Friday is. Any way, no change in gasoline price, but diesel and oil up 8 cents per litre. Propane went down 2 cents per litre last week.

Noel
Went up around here again . Average is $2.15 litre

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:09 pm
by Jancoe
Wow Dave thats around $8.12 a gallon in the US. I feel bad you you guys up north.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:59 pm
by DavidBarkey
Jancoe wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:09 pm Wow Dave thats around $8.12 a gallon in the US. I feel bad you you guys up north.

Ya , and we are not even get a kiss.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:22 pm
by MattA
Jancoe wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:09 pm Wow Dave thats around $8.12 a gallon in the US. I feel bad you you guys up north.

$6.34 when you factor in the exchange rate :cuss:

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:53 pm
by Eugen
To day it was 2.10 cad $ per liter, times 3.8 equals 7.98cad per gallon. Converted that would be 6.37 USD

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:15 am
by myerslawnandgarden
Eugen wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:53 pm To day it was 2.10 cad $ per liter, times 3.8 equals 7.98cad per gallon. Converted that would be 6.37 USD
About the same then, broke $6.00 in many places here today.

Bob

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:36 am
by Jancoe
Was a little curious about gas prices around the world right now. In Venezuela a gallon of gas is .084 a gallon. In Hong Kong it's 11.21 a gallon. This is in US dollars.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:06 pm
by DavidBarkey
Wow , not much differance is there .

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:58 pm
by Eugen
As we have relatives in Eastern Europe, it was always clear how gas was significantly more expensive there, and their wages smaller. On the other hand, distances are smaller, and small engines or diesel is a lot more popular. On the other hand, I always was aware if the price of gas in the US. It's all relative, isn't it. We get used to it and that seems normal. Everyone else around the world has their normal. :violin:

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:10 am
by propane1
Here’s our good news report for today. Ya right. Up up up and away. :cuss: :headbash:
“$;&?¥£#%@&$?

Noel

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:42 am
by propane1
So to offset using fuel a bit, :wife: has gone to London, ON to visit her relatives. That why I stayed home, :giggle: So I’ll drive her car a bit while she’s gone for a week and a half. 2013 Ford Escape. Gets 24 mpg as compared to my Ford Ranger at 17 mpg.
And just had a thought the other day to shut off the air conditioner in the truck and I did so in the car today too. May not make much difference, because the pumps run a bit any way I think. But maybe not as much if shut off.

Have a good day gentlemen.

Noel

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:29 pm
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:42 am So to offset using fuel a bit, :wife: has gone to London, ON to visit her relatives. That why I stayed home, :giggle: So I’ll drive her car a bit while she’s gone for a week and a half. 2013 Ford Escape. Gets 24 mpg as compared to my Ford Ranger at 17 mpg.
And just had a thought the other day to shut off the air conditioner in the truck and I did so in the car today too. May not make much difference, because the pumps run a bit any way I think. But maybe not as much if shut off.

Have a good day gentlemen.

Noel
The extra drag on the highway from window down will negate any savings . But in town you will save . Remember when AC is off it only cycle when in defrost mode .

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:42 pm
by propane1
Ya Dave. I knew the pump ran but couldn’t remember went until you mentioned the defrost mode. And windows down do cause drag. But I don’t dive that far any way. Car shows fuel milage on the dash. So I’ll see if it changes, just for the heck of it.

Noel

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:47 am
by MattA
Well I spent $4.89USD/gallon last night. $65 to fill my tank. I did get several weeks due to working from home for a few days and getting about 48MPG.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:38 am
by propane1
Our gas went DOWN 2 cents a litre today. Woo hoo. :giggle:. Better than up. $2.16 now. Diesel went up 9 cents a litre. $2.39.

Noel

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:36 am
by propane1
:cuss: Woo hoo. Gas price down today. A whole $0.05 per litre. Better than up thou. :D

Noel

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:47 am
by DavidBarkey
We are hovering about the $2 mark and $2.15 for diesel here.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:20 am
by propane1
Well the Beepin fuel prices dropped a bit today. Gasoline down 10 cents and diesel and oil down 13 cent per litre. Still needs to drop 80 cents or so just to get back to those old all ready to high prices. :cuss:

And tomorrow is our regular price change day each week. So it could go up 15 cents. Who knows ? But it could go down again. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
Beepin prices anyway. :45: :45:

Mini rant today. Not in the mood to ramble.

Noel

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:59 am
by propane1
Gasoline down 6 cents per litre today. Diesel down 3 cents. Not enough. But better than up.

Noel

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:29 am
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:59 am Gasoline down 6 cents per litre today. Diesel down 3 cents. Not enough. But better than up.

Noel
about $1.80 around hear right now .

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 am
by propane1
Around $1.93 for regular here.

Noel

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:16 am
by propane1
Thankfully. Fuel prices are dropping the last few weeks. Gasoline at $1.76 per litre today.
June 16 it was $2.16. So a nice drop.

Noel

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:47 am
by Eugen
Filled up with 1.59 yesterday and felt like I won the lottery :))

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:24 am
by DavidBarkey
$1.66 hear near me . Have to go to Barrie this morning . Hope it is cheaper there.

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:56 am
by Eugen
DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:24 am $1.66 hear near me . Have to go to Barrie this morning . Hope it is cheaper there.
I filled up at Costco in Barrie.

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:56 am
DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:24 am $1.66 hear near me . Have to go to Barrie this morning . Hope it is cheaper there.
I filled up at $1.63 , south end Barrie .
Made it home , now I am wiped . 2.5 hours round trip with a half of a dozen stops . I will be glad when Jake is old enough to drive .

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:29 am
by Eugen
DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am
Made it home , now I am wiped . 2.5 hours round trip with a half of a dozen stops . I will be glad when Jake is old enough to drive .
I hear you Dave, driving on the highway is no fun for me either.
Hauled any tractors?

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:50 pm
by DavidBarkey
Eugen wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:29 am
DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am

I hear you Dave, driving on the highway is no fun for me either.
Hauled any tractors?
Na , just parts & supplies run.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:27 am
by Harry
I filled up last week and paid $3.99 a gallon US at a local native american station. Yesterday locally at a discount station where you can save .10 when you use cash. It $4.27. If I'm in the ares of the native american station I stop in to fill up. It's a twenty minute drive there so it's not my usually fill up station.

Keep the Peace :peace: :cop:
Harry

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:21 pm
by myerslawnandgarden
Has been $3.99 here for the past few weeks as well.

Bob

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:27 am
by Timj
It's down to $3.56 here in central WI. Don't know why we are lower here in the middle of nowhere. Maybe we cheeseheads are all cheapskates. :106:

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:29 am
by Eugen
Timj wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:27 am It's down to $3.56 here in central WI. Don't know why we are lower here in the middle of nowhere. Maybe we cheeseheads are all cheapskates. :106:
:rofl: :O

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:59 pm
by Gordy
Not sure if a gas war is going on in Buffalo MN but in the last 3-4 weeks gas has been up to $.70 a gallon cheaper there, than here in Maple Lake (10 miles away) or any of the stations I passed on the way to work. On the way home from work Buffalo is only 6 miles out of the way, so no brainer to fill up there. Last Thursday it was $3.13 a gallon in Buffalo and $3.69 in Maple Lake.

Gordy

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:54 am
by propane1
Today is our regular fuel price change day. And diesel up 12 cents per litre and heating oil up 10 cents. No change in gasoline.

Noel

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:30 am
by propane1
Fuel down today.

Noel

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:48 am
by DavidBarkey
$1.46 for reg around hear now . News said it is the lowest since last February.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:17 pm
by propane1
Up, up, and away. Hehe. Prices are jumping again.

Noel

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:29 pm
by DavidBarkey
Gas prices range from $1.59 to $1.69 around here right now . Went up last week just before the long weekend travelling strangely enough :cuss:

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:32 pm
by DavidBarkey
I think I am going to splurge on a stay-cation and buy an extra can of gas and just drive around the yard on my tractor admiring the fall colours. :giggle:

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:35 pm
by propane1
DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:32 pm I think I am going to splurge on a stay-cation and buy an extra can of gas and just drive around the yard on my tractor admiring the fall colours. :giggle:
Seat time, and tractor therapy Dave. Good plan.

No fall colours here, Fiona blew them all away. :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:50 pm
by DavidBarkey
Propane57 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:35 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:32 pm I think I am going to splurge on a stay-cation and buy an extra can of gas and just drive around the yard on my tractor admiring the fall colours. :giggle:
Seat time, and tractor therapy Dave. Good plan.

No fall colours here, Fiona blew them all away. :giggle:

Noel
What a bitch she is .

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:43 am
by propane1
Well today is normal fuel price adjustment day. Amazingly, gasoline had no change, but diesel and furnace oil up up. I think that’s the highest diesel price since this all started.

Noel

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:25 pm
by propane1
Up again today ! No change in gasoline.

Noel

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:35 pm
by propane1
Fuel prices going up up, and have been for the last week or so. Twenty cents or so jump tomorrow. So rumours say. Diesel and furnace oil. Gasoline not changing. Will see what tomorrow brings I guess.

Noel

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:56 pm
by Gordy
A couple days ago in Maple Lake Mn gas @ $3.59, diesel $5.64, nonox $4.64 a gallon of coarse ;)
10 miles away in Buffalo MN gas @ $ 3.24, diesel $ 5.34, nonox $4.14 :7:

Gordy

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:33 pm
by DavidBarkey
Friday Nov. the 4th I went on a drive . The gas was $1.72 here in Waverley and $1.56 40 min. away in Orillia :106:

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:46 pm
by propane1
Here’s todays prices. And the rumour what it might go up to tomorrow. Hibrrrnation is gunna have to start very soon. I’d say next week. :giggle:

Noel

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:57 pm
by Eugen
Propane57 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:46 pm Here’s todays prices. And the rumour what it might go up to tomorrow. Hibrrrnation is gunna have to start very soon. I’d say next week. :giggle:
Noel
What do you do when you hibernate Noel? :D

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:34 pm
by propane1
Stay warm, stay home, try to spend as little as possible, visit these tractor sites, complain about winter, and ramble. :D
Hibrrrrnation is in effect until around the end of April, start of May.

What do you think Eugen ?

Noel

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:29 pm
by Eugen
Propane57 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:34 pm Stay warm, stay home, try to spend as little as possible, visit these tractor sites, complain about winter, and ramble. :D
Hibrrrrnation is in effect until around the end of April, start of May.

What do you think Eugen ?

Noel
I think that's great if you like it! I'm trying to muster up the courage to replace that piston in the big backhoe once the freezing temperatures are here. :hm:

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:41 pm
by propane1
You must be much younger than I Eugen. To be going to do that. :hm:

Noel

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:22 pm
by Spike188
Eugen, that is the kind of stunt I pulled 20 years ago. There is no way to get past the muster now. Its a great idea but not going to happen around here. Too many mashed fingers have not forgiven me and scream when they get cold.

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:36 pm
by Eugen
It's more wishful thinking guys, I'm not that tough. It's more desperation to get that running well, than grit. Still, I might not be able to do it, as many parts need to come off the backhoe and I don't have a dry place to store them while working on the tractor. :(

Talk about mashed fingers. Two winters ago I was working on the Massey on a normal cold day, and the tractor was idling. Don't know where my mind was, but I wanted to check if the radiator was warming up and reached out towards it. The fan blades on that tractor are steel, and you can't see them when the tractor is idling. Put my hand right into the blades, got hurt really badly on three fingers, lots of blood from one long cut. It hurt for weeks. But I hadn't finished what I was doing and didn't want to go inside and dress the wounds, or the :wife: would never let me out to finish the job. So, paper towel and electrical tape tight on the fingers to stop the bleeding, got the job done and only then I went inside. :drink:

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:04 am
by propane1
Ouch, Eugen. :109:

Fuel rumours were correct. Diesel and furnace oil up today.

Noel

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:15 am
by DavidBarkey
Can't imagine where the oil companies are getting there record profits from. :$$:

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:41 am
by propane1
Todays prices. Kinda strange that the furnace oil dropped and the diesel didn’t.

Noel

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:23 pm
by propane1
Gasoline down. Diesel up.

Noel

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:23 pm
by thebuildist
Eugen wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:36 pm It's more wishful thinking guys, I'm not that tough. It's more desperation to get that running well, than grit. Still, I might not be able to do it, as many parts need to come off the backhoe and I don't have a dry place to store them while working on the tractor. :(

Talk about mashed fingers. Two winters ago I was working on the Massey on a normal cold day, and the tractor was idling. Don't know where my mind was, but I wanted to check if the radiator was warming up and reached out towards it. The fan blades on that tractor are steel, and you can't see them when the tractor is idling. Put my hand right into the blades, got hurt really badly on three fingers, lots of blood from one long cut. It hurt for weeks. But I hadn't finished what I was doing and didn't want to go inside and dress the wounds, or the :wife: would never let me out to finish the job. So, paper towel and electrical tape tight on the fingers to stop the bleeding, got the job done and only then I went inside. :drink:
I did a video about this very subject on my buildist channel a while back.

I've made three or four trips to the ER for stitches over the years. And I've had five or six cuts that I was able to adjust use electrical tape to bind it up until the bleeding stopped.

But at least half of the cuts that actually got me into the ER were cuts that were deep enough that I could get the bleeding stopped, But the wound kept gaping open. And so it had to have a stitch to draw it and keep it closed.

Before I went to the ER, I tried super glue. And I've tried steri strips. In what when I was a kid was called a butterfly stitch. But on at least a couple of them the stairy strip would let go while I was sleeping. And I would wake up with blood on my bed and the wound gaping open all over again.

So here's a tip: if you have a wound that is like that, that you can stop the bleeding but you really need to just immobilize the flesh for a week to get it to knit together without gaping open. You really can do it at home. The secret to getting the stairy strips to hold for a week is treating the skin with a product called benzoin. Benzoine is kind of a brown sticky stuff it leaves the skin stained kind of brown rust colored like iodine. But after skin has been treated with benzoin, the adhesive on a stairy strip will cling to that skin FEROCIOUSLY. So if you get a wound that you can't get to hold closed, but isn't life-threatening, (and isn't 6 in deep, such that it needs stitches down deep in the tissue) then get the bleeding stopped. Clean debris out of the wound. Treat it with an antiseptic. And then dawb on some benzoin, and finally pull it closed and hold it with steri strips.

It has now saved me two trips to the ER. And at $500 and 6 hours per trip, I try to avoid the ER any time I can!

Bob

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:18 pm
by Eugen
@thebuildist OUCH! :O

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:33 pm
by Gordy
thebuildist wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:23 pm
Eugen wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:36 pm It's more wishful thinking guys, I'm not that tough. It's more desperation to get that running well, than grit. Still, I might not be able to do it, as many parts need to come off the backhoe and I don't have a dry place to store them while working on the tractor. :(

I did a video about this very subject on my buildist channel a while back.

I've made three or four trips to the ER for stitches over the years. And I've had five or six cuts that I was able to adjust use electrical tape to bind it up until the bleeding stopped.

But at least half of the cuts that actually got me into the ER were cuts that were deep enough that I could get the bleeding stopped, But the wound kept gaping open. And so it had to have a stitch to draw it and keep it closed.

Before I went to the ER, I tried super glue. And I've tried steri strips. In what when I was a kid was called a butterfly stitch. But on at least a couple of them the stairy strip would let go while I was sleeping. And I would wake up with blood on my bed and the wound gaping open all over again.

So here's a tip: if you have a wound that is like that, that you can stop the bleeding but you really need to just immobilize the flesh for a week to get it to knit together without gaping open. You really can do it at home. The secret to getting the stairy strips to hold for a week is treating the skin with a product called benzoin. Benzoine is kind of a brown sticky stuff it leaves the skin stained kind of brown rust colored like iodine. But after skin has been treated with benzoin, the adhesive on a stairy strip will cling to that skin FEROCIOUSLY. So if you get a wound that you can't get to hold closed, but isn't life-threatening, (and isn't 6 in deep, such that it needs stitches down deep in the tissue) then get the bleeding stopped. Clean debris out of the wound. Treat it with an antiseptic. And then dawb on some benzoin, and finally pull it closed and hold it with steri strips.

It has now saved me two trips to the ER. And at $500 and 6 hours per trip, I try to avoid the ER any time I can!

Bob
:109: I thought maybe you were going to suggest the Rambo technic, take the cap off the hilt of your knife and pull out the needle and thread and :drink: stitch it up yourself :spin:

Gordy

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:11 pm
by thebuildist
You know, I'm pretty darn tough.

:x :x :x

But not THAT tough.

:(( :(( :((

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:19 pm
by DavidBarkey
Sooo , I few days ago I filled the gas cans and topped up the truck. It was at $1.60 a litre . Thinking with all price hikes and time on year and bad stuff going on in the world I better get it before price goes up again . Topped the truck off today after a delivery , and it is $1.52 a litre . :cuss: :pullhair: :headbash: :30:

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:16 pm
by propane1
Been slowly dropping a few cents at a time here lately.
Who knows what it will do. :106: :hm:
Gasoline $1.64 here today.

Noel

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:59 am
by Gordy
The gas price war is still going on in Buffalo MN $2.75 a gallon, Maple Lake MN $3.28 :106:

Gordy

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:17 am
by propane1
Price change day. Some fuels slowly going down. Propane is down a bit too.

Noel

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:59 am
by DavidBarkey
Locally here low to mid $1.40s for gas and below $2.00 for diesel not sure about the other fuels . But it is getting better . Not sure how things are south of us , but it sure how much better it is getting in the :usa: . But prices slowly going down seem to be a thing after Biden called out the Oil companies for there record profits at the expense to the people with all that is going on in the world on national TV . I applaud him for that . Not my countries leader, whether he was your choice or not I think he deserves a :thumbsup: for that one . Fortunately for us in :canada: It has had a ripple effect up here from what I can see .

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:48 am
by propane1
All fuels down today by 5 cents here. Will see what happens on Friday. Out regular price change day.

Noel :thumbsup:

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:03 pm
by Eugen
I filled up yesterday with 1.29 a litre. Lowest I've seen in a long time.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:38 pm
by DavidBarkey
In town today $1.38 , but $1.48 at the corner station .
I thought $1.38 was good , $1.29 wow .

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:58 pm
by Eugen
DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:38 pm In town today $1.38 , but $1.48 at the corner station .
Costco in Barrie

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:01 pm
by propane1
Eugen wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:58 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:38 pm In town today $1.38 , but $1.48 at the corner station .
Costco in Barrie

Holy cats, a $1.29. Jumpins been a long time since I saw that price. And thought at the time that it was crazy high. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

$1.52 here today. :hm:

Noel :D

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:08 pm
by ras101
Well fuel prices.. we all know our preference on that one! I see right now a slight dip in those at least south of the boarder in t5he US. My main concern though is that when gas becomes more expense that the number of station offering ethanol free goes down too. I am probably one of the minority but anything less than ethanol free in a carb engine is asking for major issues and that is all I will use in all my small garden tools no matter what even if they are two stroke.
Seems prices might have stabilized for a while but we need to remain mindful too..

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:04 am
by propane1
Price drop today as this is our normal price change day. It is now lower for gasoline than when I first posted in February about the fuel prices.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:55 am
by Spike188
image.png

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:45 pm
by Eugen
B553CBCE-5B29-4AC6-8C6B-BE97B48C0D73.jpeg

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:18 pm
by propane1
Gasoline and diesel down a few cents per litre yesterday.
$1.46 for gasoline per litre here now.

Noel

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:27 pm
by DavidBarkey
propane1 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:18 pm Gasoline and diesel down a few cents per litre yesterday.
$1.46 for gasoline per litre here now.

Noel
Gas can be had for $1.25 in Orillia about 40 min from us . Average around us is $1.30

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:52 am
by propane1
Well. Merry Christmas. Gasoline price is up. Oil is up. And diesel is down.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:59 am
by propane1
Gasoline up 7 cents here today. $1.66 per litre. Tomorrow is the normal price hike day, :42: opps, normal price change day. Hehe

Diesel and oil was no change today.

Noel. :D

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:40 pm
by DavidBarkey
$1.40 - $1.46 around here .

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:44 am
by propane1
So for our normal price hike day, no change in gasoline, but diesel and oil up 2.5 cents per litre.

Noel