MattA United States of America

Re: Fuel prices.

Post by MattA »

"IF" I did the conversion right, that's about $4.50USD/US Gallon :headbash:
Ingersoll 4016
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

:cuss: :furious: :O that smarts :O , not happy that the price keeps climbing here, but that sure doesn't help a guy get ahead. :124:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

It's most interesting to us from outside the US how your country is like a world in itself. We see you sometimes complain about the price of gasoline in the US, and it makes us giggle, as the rest of the world has always had much higher prices. I think if gas would go to the price we pay in Canada, which, by the way, is also lower than most other parts of the world, definitely much lower than Europe, you would probably topple the government. :usa: :rofl:

But then there are a lot of countries that have even lower prices than the US, that we in Canada :canada: never hear about. Earth nevertheless keeps on turning.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 15.51.20.png
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Gordy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:42 am OPP's forgot to ramble about the tree part ;)

In april of 88 I bought 10 acres, with about 8 of it open field. I spent $2,000 on seedling from the Soil and Water Conservation District. Then collecting acorns, horseshoe chestnuts and black walnuts to plant as well as rescuing seedlings from job sites before they were bulldozed under. Apparently the oaks dont like my black gumbo soil, out of the pails of acorns I put in the ground I only see 4 oak trees out there. The walnuts and horse shoe chestnuts on the other hand are doing great, and with the help of the squirrels they are multiplying. Just wish the squirrels would respect the lawn and garden and not plant there ;)

:cheers:
Gordy

Dam squirrels , good help is hard to find isn't it .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

MattA wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:30 pm "IF" I did the conversion right, that's about $4.50USD/US Gallon :headbash:
Looks about right . :cuss:

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

The price varies quite a bit from place to place here in the States too. You would think that it would be cheaper closer to the refineries, but that's not always the case. Taxes placed on fuel change the cost from place to place too. Wisconsin has road tax per gallon to help fund road projects, so we do get something back, and don't have tolls.

I don't know if you guys get anything in return for the price you pay other than the satisfaction you put more of your dollars in someones pocket.

The constant rise in price from every excuse imaginable hurts the most. And there's not much we can do about it. Grump, walk or stay home.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Timj wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm The price varies quite a bit from place to place here in the States too. You would think that it would be cheaper closer to the refineries, but that's not always the case. Taxes placed on fuel change the cost from place to place too. Wisconsin has road tax per gallon to help fund road projects, so we do get something back, and don't have tolls.

I don't know if you guys get anything in return for the price you pay other than the satisfaction you put more of your dollars in someones pocket.

The constant rise in price from every excuse imaginable hurts the most. And there's not much we can do about it. Grump, walk or stay home.
Agrreed . It would be a lot easier to take if we felt we weren't be gouged all the time and we were getting good value for our tax dollars .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Timj wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm The price varies quite a bit from place to place here in the States too. You would think that it would be cheaper closer to the refineries, but that's not always the case. Taxes placed on fuel change the cost from place to place too. Wisconsin has road tax per gallon to help fund road projects, so we do get something back, and don't have tolls.

Here in MN the road tax per gallon used to go into a seperate road account. But the politicians decided it should instead go into the general fund :headbash: where it can be spent/wasted on pet projects rather than on roads and bridge maintenance :headbash: Then they were all shocked and surprised when the I-35 bridge collapsed :roll:

Gordy
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

Eugen wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:53 pm It's most interesting to us from outside the US how your country is like a world in itself. We see you sometimes complain about the price of gasoline in the US, and it makes us giggle, as the rest of the world has always had much higher prices. I think if gas would go to the price we pay in Canada, which, by the way, is also lower than most other parts of the world, definitely much lower than Europe, you would probably topple the government. :usa: :rofl:

But then there are a lot of countries that have even lower prices than the US, that we in Canada :canada: never hear about. Earth nevertheless keeps on turning.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 15.51.20.png
Yes and there are countries where gas is much higher $.

I have been following Tesla. In some of the European countries with the highest gas prices Tesla is the sales leader not just in electric cars, but also beating out ICE car sales according to the Q4 sales reports. The Tesla Q4 report for 2021 came out, over 960,000 cars produced and sold worldwide in 2021. There is the new Giga Factories in Berlin and Austin TX, now producing non salable cars for quality control and safety testing, estimates are for salable cars in a month. It will be interesting to see the Tesla 2022 Q4 reports with these 2 new factory's up and running :spin: I wish I would have been smart enough to buy Tesla stock when it was $35 a share, the last I saw it was $960 a share :headbash:

Interesting about Tesla, they do NOT spend a penny on advertising, and they have NO cars sitting on a lot waiting to be sold :O The demand is so high that depending on the model, if you ordered one today you might get it in 3 to 12 months, due to pre orders in front of you ;)

Been thinking about a electric conversion for one of my GT's. But having problems getting my old brain to get all of the technical stuff figured out. And looks like the cost will be way more $$$ than a ICE repower.

Gordy
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

States are now going after more efficient vehicles for lost tax revenue. Utah and Oregon implemented a vehicle miles traveled tax on electric vehicles, some state are taxing electric cars extra at registration time and I actually just learned some states are also now taxing hybrid vehicles with additional fees. Really pays to buy a fuel efficient vehicle in some states :headbash:

Fortunately Massachusetts where I live is not taxing more fuel efficient and electric vehicles. Massachusetts actually has a $2500 EV tax credit for electric vehicles under $50K purchase price in addition to the $7500 federal tax credit. We had a $500 EV charger install credit at one point. Not sure if we still have it.
Ingersoll 4016