Fuel prices.

Shoot the breeze here.
Spike188 Canada

Re: Fuel prices.

Post by Spike188 »

Eugen, that is the kind of stunt I pulled 20 years ago. There is no way to get past the muster now. Its a great idea but not going to happen around here. Too many mashed fingers have not forgiven me and scream when they get cold.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

It's more wishful thinking guys, I'm not that tough. It's more desperation to get that running well, than grit. Still, I might not be able to do it, as many parts need to come off the backhoe and I don't have a dry place to store them while working on the tractor. :(

Talk about mashed fingers. Two winters ago I was working on the Massey on a normal cold day, and the tractor was idling. Don't know where my mind was, but I wanted to check if the radiator was warming up and reached out towards it. The fan blades on that tractor are steel, and you can't see them when the tractor is idling. Put my hand right into the blades, got hurt really badly on three fingers, lots of blood from one long cut. It hurt for weeks. But I hadn't finished what I was doing and didn't want to go inside and dress the wounds, or the :wife: would never let me out to finish the job. So, paper towel and electrical tape tight on the fingers to stop the bleeding, got the job done and only then I went inside. :drink:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Ouch, Eugen. :109:

Fuel rumours were correct. Diesel and furnace oil up today.

Noel
Attachments
E8AE2BCB-ABB6-4B12-AF29-F970EEEDA81D.png
D556B565-FEA5-449B-B952-35BDD43ADB76.png
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Can't imagine where the oil companies are getting there record profits from. :$$:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Todays prices. Kinda strange that the furnace oil dropped and the diesel didn’t.

Noel
Attachments
239D57C6-A7F7-404A-B312-9047C327DBBD.png
553112FD-0391-4A92-9030-B025D678F7A4.png
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Gasoline down. Diesel up.

Noel
Attachments
EFBB8D2E-B339-4AE5-A5F9-65905F7059F9.jpeg
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

Eugen wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:36 pm It's more wishful thinking guys, I'm not that tough. It's more desperation to get that running well, than grit. Still, I might not be able to do it, as many parts need to come off the backhoe and I don't have a dry place to store them while working on the tractor. :(

Talk about mashed fingers. Two winters ago I was working on the Massey on a normal cold day, and the tractor was idling. Don't know where my mind was, but I wanted to check if the radiator was warming up and reached out towards it. The fan blades on that tractor are steel, and you can't see them when the tractor is idling. Put my hand right into the blades, got hurt really badly on three fingers, lots of blood from one long cut. It hurt for weeks. But I hadn't finished what I was doing and didn't want to go inside and dress the wounds, or the :wife: would never let me out to finish the job. So, paper towel and electrical tape tight on the fingers to stop the bleeding, got the job done and only then I went inside. :drink:
I did a video about this very subject on my buildist channel a while back.

I've made three or four trips to the ER for stitches over the years. And I've had five or six cuts that I was able to adjust use electrical tape to bind it up until the bleeding stopped.

But at least half of the cuts that actually got me into the ER were cuts that were deep enough that I could get the bleeding stopped, But the wound kept gaping open. And so it had to have a stitch to draw it and keep it closed.

Before I went to the ER, I tried super glue. And I've tried steri strips. In what when I was a kid was called a butterfly stitch. But on at least a couple of them the stairy strip would let go while I was sleeping. And I would wake up with blood on my bed and the wound gaping open all over again.

So here's a tip: if you have a wound that is like that, that you can stop the bleeding but you really need to just immobilize the flesh for a week to get it to knit together without gaping open. You really can do it at home. The secret to getting the stairy strips to hold for a week is treating the skin with a product called benzoin. Benzoine is kind of a brown sticky stuff it leaves the skin stained kind of brown rust colored like iodine. But after skin has been treated with benzoin, the adhesive on a stairy strip will cling to that skin FEROCIOUSLY. So if you get a wound that you can't get to hold closed, but isn't life-threatening, (and isn't 6 in deep, such that it needs stitches down deep in the tissue) then get the bleeding stopped. Clean debris out of the wound. Treat it with an antiseptic. And then dawb on some benzoin, and finally pull it closed and hold it with steri strips.

It has now saved me two trips to the ER. And at $500 and 6 hours per trip, I try to avoid the ER any time I can!

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@thebuildist OUCH! :O
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Gordy United States of America

Post by Gordy »

thebuildist wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:23 pm
Eugen wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:36 pm It's more wishful thinking guys, I'm not that tough. It's more desperation to get that running well, than grit. Still, I might not be able to do it, as many parts need to come off the backhoe and I don't have a dry place to store them while working on the tractor. :(

I did a video about this very subject on my buildist channel a while back.

I've made three or four trips to the ER for stitches over the years. And I've had five or six cuts that I was able to adjust use electrical tape to bind it up until the bleeding stopped.

But at least half of the cuts that actually got me into the ER were cuts that were deep enough that I could get the bleeding stopped, But the wound kept gaping open. And so it had to have a stitch to draw it and keep it closed.

Before I went to the ER, I tried super glue. And I've tried steri strips. In what when I was a kid was called a butterfly stitch. But on at least a couple of them the stairy strip would let go while I was sleeping. And I would wake up with blood on my bed and the wound gaping open all over again.

So here's a tip: if you have a wound that is like that, that you can stop the bleeding but you really need to just immobilize the flesh for a week to get it to knit together without gaping open. You really can do it at home. The secret to getting the stairy strips to hold for a week is treating the skin with a product called benzoin. Benzoine is kind of a brown sticky stuff it leaves the skin stained kind of brown rust colored like iodine. But after skin has been treated with benzoin, the adhesive on a stairy strip will cling to that skin FEROCIOUSLY. So if you get a wound that you can't get to hold closed, but isn't life-threatening, (and isn't 6 in deep, such that it needs stitches down deep in the tissue) then get the bleeding stopped. Clean debris out of the wound. Treat it with an antiseptic. And then dawb on some benzoin, and finally pull it closed and hold it with steri strips.

It has now saved me two trips to the ER. And at $500 and 6 hours per trip, I try to avoid the ER any time I can!

Bob
:109: I thought maybe you were going to suggest the Rambo technic, take the cap off the hilt of your knife and pull out the needle and thread and :drink: stitch it up yourself :spin:

:cheers:
Gordy
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

You know, I'm pretty darn tough.

:x :x :x

But not THAT tough.

:(( :(( :((

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"