Post your winter tractor setups

Shoot the breeze here.
MattA United States of America

Post your winter tractor setups

Post by MattA »

Figured I would kick off a dedicated thread to our winter tractor setups.

Here is my Berco setup from 2019. Haven't gotten around to taking pics yet this year.
Attachments
20181105_170320.jpg
20181105_170337.jpg
Ingersoll 4016

Re: Post your winter tractor setups

Post by MattA »

Here is my SB48 snowcaster setup from about 2018. I've included a few pics of the extension wings, Berco skid shoes, Berco vs Ingersoll skid shoe comparison and the spacers needed to use the Berco skid shoes and extension wings at the same time.
Attachments
SB48 with Cab.jpg
No Cab.jpg
Extension wing.
Extension wing.
Extension wing with Berco skid shoe.
Extension wing with Berco skid shoe.
Berco skid shoe with spacers to allow the skid shoe to fit around the extension wing. The spacers are 0.250" thick (2x spacers). I also slotted the Berco skid shoes to use 3/8" bolts (Berco uses 5/16" bolts).
Berco skid shoe with spacers to allow the skid shoe to fit around the extension wing. The spacers are 0.250" thick (2x spacers). I also slotted the Berco skid shoes to use 3/8" bolts (Berco uses 5/16" bolts).
Berco skid shoe size vs Ingersoll skid shoe size.
Berco skid shoe size vs Ingersoll skid shoe size.
Ingersoll 4016

Post by MattA »

Here is my non-Ingersoll weight box. I fabricated up the mounting bracket. The weight box rests on the factory hitch and is bolted through the factory hitch. Unfortunately the weight box interferes with the rear PTO I installed in 2019 and now just takes up space in the garage.
Attachments
Weight Box 1.jpg
Weight Box 2.jpg
Weight Box 3.jpg
Weight Box 4.jpg
Weight Box 5.jpg
Ingersoll 4016
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

101_2889.JPG
101_2888.JPG
[attachment=0]image.png[/attachment

Dave
Attachments
image.png
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder

Post by MattA »

This is my present winter weight setup since the weight box no longer fits. I'm using 3x suitcase weights on the hydravac mounting bracket. The weights are mounted with a stack of washers between each weight. I've since painted the weights Ingersoll orange.
Attachments
20200922_203552.jpg
20200922_203122.jpg
20200922_203140.jpg
Ingersoll 4016
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Hey guys has anyone come up with a way to raise and lower the cutting edge or shoes so that hard surface can be cleaned off but gravel can left in place . I still have both. I have large shoes .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:12 pm Hey guys has anyone come up with a way to raise and lower the cutting edge or shoes so that hard surface can be cleaned off but gravel can left in place . I still have both. I have large shoes .

Dave
I was thinking the same thing the other day. I haven't did any searching yet to see if someone has come up with some ingenious way.

I've been keeping a ratchet and some wood blocks in the tool tray. I drop the blower down while the tractor is warming up. I do the concrete apron first. I then set the blower on the 1/2" blocks, drop the shoes, and do the driveway.
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:12 pm Hey guys has anyone come up with a way to raise and lower the cutting edge or shoes so that hard surface can be cleaned off but gravel can left in place . I still have both. I have large shoes .

Dave
I’ve often thought about hydraulic operated shoes or actuators on the shoes. Have it set so it just goes to desired height and stops for gravel, then when disengaged it goes back to pavement setting. I have never made any thing yet. Just thought it would be good for commercial snow removal, and of course good for us guys with different driveways.

Noel
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

DavidBarkey wrote:Hey guys has anyone come up with a way to raise and lower the cutting edge or shoes so that hard surface can be cleaned off but gravel can left in place . I still have both. I have large shoes .

Dave
I have been thinking the same too. I have a second driveway now that I'd like to maintain here and wanted to build something easy to setup. I wonder how well a push mower wheel assy would work bolted onto the skid. Use the push mower wheel height lever to set the bottom up when needed and drop it back down when your on pavement. Or maybe have a lever that swings over and down with a pad on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I have been thinking the same too. I have a second driveway now that I'd like to maintain here and wanted to build something easy to setup. I wonder how well a push mower wheel assy would work bolted onto the skid. Use the push mower wheel height lever to set the bottom up when needed and drop it back down when your on pavement. Or maybe have a lever that swings over and down with a pad on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Great ideas! Let's start a new thread on this!

Here's my current snow duty configuration which happened in a real hurry! The barn find 444 with combine weights on the rear wheels. I have chains too but they're on the 446, need to be ported over.

I think my tractor looks the most miserable! I think @MattA gets the prize for the prettiest! :worship:

37018382-C4D6-4CAA-9A87-E332F46F2AD0.jpeg
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: