Post your winter tractor setups

Shoot the breeze here.
Harry United States of America

Re: Post your winter tractor setups

Post by Harry »

MattA wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:25 pm Thought I used to have a snow blowing thread for posting videos but I couldn't find it. This works...

Case 446 with Onan 20HP XSL

Excellent video Matt. Your GT really throws the snow. Take that old man Winter! :thumbsup: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

thebuildist wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:07 pm You guys are SO LUCKY. We never get snow here. Maybe 1/2" of slush every other year, gone by the afternoon. And a full on ice storm, where there's an inch of pure ice on all the surfaces. With no salt, the roads are impassable, and all the tree limbs fall down due to the weight, which knock down all the power lines and the power's out for a week.

BUT OTHER THAN THAT, no winter weather at all. Darkness and rain and humid cold.

So I don't have a snowcaster. Or a cab. Or any winter related need for a blade.

It's just a sad, sad tale.

I hope you folks at least feel a little guilty when you think of all the things I don't get to experience. No losing feeling in my fingers or toes. No chapped face. No burning tingle when the feeling comes back. No slipping on the ice. No rusted out fender wells. No driving in whiteout conditions. None of that for me.

You guys are SO LUCKY.

:cool:

Bob
I personally am heartbroken for you Bob. :12:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

On one hand I envy you Bob . One the other hand winter and all that comes with it keeps a lot of nasty creatures that live down south , well down south . As much as I become to lothe winter , I am willing to keep the trade off .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

@Harry That's not my tractor. I wish my tractor blew snow like that.

Bob - Sorry you don't get any snow. It is really nice down south this time of year.

I also don't get enough snow. Its hit or miss here. I've used my snowblower twice this year. The first time I cleared an inch or so of slushy snow. I had already shoveled that day and I wasn't shoveling again... plus I had to move the tractor to get my car out of the garage. 2nd time was about 2 weeks ago when we got about 5" of heavy wet concrete like snow.
Ingersoll 4016
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

I've got more CCI videos to post but tonight's video is a classic... V8 powered snowblower on skid steer tracks. His channel has a few more videos.
Ingersoll 4016
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

WOW! There’s no substitute for cubic inches! :D
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:45 pm On one hand I envy you Bob . One the other hand winter and all that comes with it keeps a lot of nasty creatures that live down south , well down south . As much as I become to lothe winter , I am willing to keep the trade off .
I get your point, David. But calling me a "nasty creature that lives down south" is going too far!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

thebuildist wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:25 pm
I get your point, David. But calling me a "nasty creature that lives down south" is going too far!

Bob
Bob, that's just tooo funny!! ahahahahaha !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

DavidBarkey wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:45 pm On one hand I envy you Bob . One the other hand winter and all that comes with it keeps a lot of nasty creatures that live down south , well down south . As much as I become to lothe winter , I am willing to keep the trade off .

Bob

Bob I’ve heard that southerners say that people from the north are like hemorrhoids. They both drop down and irritate the heck out of you but they eventually go back north! Is that true? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Bob
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Nasty creepy crawly things :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder