On the funny side of the street

Shoot the breeze here.
Eugen Canada

Re: On the funny side of the street

Post by Eugen »

Harry wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:52 am
MattA wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:49 pm
Eugen wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:56 pm @MattA is this a new feature? I'm surprised it took them so long. :snail:
I think so 🤷‍♂️
I don't check the old site that much anymore. Very little activity anymore. Makes you wonder where everyone went.
I was very surprised how many new members recently have joined. :peace: Harry
On the other hand our site has seen very little activity lately, our regular members on the quiet side, and we get fewer new members here, as we don't come up first on google searches. :114:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Spike188 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:41 am Was this crawler one of a kind. The International TD24 was the largest production crawler for International in the 1950's. It top out just under 8 ft tall. The tracks on this one must be a least 7 and total hight 14? Was this an early cut and paste image to make the crawler larger than life?
TD24.jpg
At first I thought it was photo trickery - but then I found another wonderful photo of the monster tractor - Looks like it was a larger than life wooden mock up of a TD 24 for trade show / fall fair purposes
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Eugen wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:11 am On the other hand our site has seen very little activity lately, our regular members on the quiet side, and we get fewer new members here, as we don't come up first on google searches. :114:
I had noticed this site was a little quiet lately, not worried about it - seems like it's that time of year when people are catching up on all the real-life stuff that gets put on hold when messed up spring weather makes us put things on the back burner.

For myself the :hitsfan: is happening around here - Realtor is :whip: so she can list our property in the city, Builder is finally itching to get going on building our house / garage up north, neighbour Kelly with the excavating company wants to start clearing and digging holes for said house and garage and I'm :pullhair: cause there is only one of me - can't be in the city cleaning and purging and out in the forest clearing trees at the build site... :124:

and did I mention Schrödinger's Cash? Same idea as Schrödinger's Cat :109: (google it) - In our case it's basically a theoretical big bag of full of either cash or bills - you just know it's big and bulky, everyone is impressed by your perceived appearance of wealth - (that big bag full of crinkling paper) - and everybody likes you and wants to do work for you, as long as they keep thinking it's a big bag of cash... But what happens if you open the bag and it's full of... ??? :42:

Patience, and remembering it's not only about the destination, but finding things to enjoy on the journey as well :thumbsup:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@RoamingGnome so true, I came to the conclusion that the right definition for expectation is that feeling you have right before feeling disappointed. So I try to cultivate a no expectation attitude and go with the flow, enjoy the ride. Two years ago we had plans to build an addition to our small house, and hit walls at every step. This last Saturday a few of us gathered at our village cemetery and my sister got buried. There is a certain perspective one gets upon seeing dear ones go in the ground. The simple event of planting yesterday a few tomato, cucumber, and pepper plants together with my three and a half years old son Timothy was enough to lift me up and adding to the perspective. None of us knows when the end strikes, so why struggle to have such high expectations? Even if the addition never happens, we can be happy with the dear ones in the smallest house.

As for the site, I know, it goes through phases. Everyone gets busy with this or that, it's fine.

We keep :j and :creeper: :highfive:

There's my ramble for today :D
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

On the other hand our site has seen very little activity lately, our regular members on the quiet side,

I’m tryin, I’m tryin Eugen. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: I don’t have much tractor stuff thou. Been busy with wood.

Noel :D
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

propane1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:34 pm
I’m tryin, I’m tryin Eugen. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: I don’t have much tractor stuff thou. Been busy with wood.

Thank you Noel, I'm not worried! :D :coffee: :geek:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

I've sure been exceptionally quiet lately. I got a million irons in the fire. Progress on the backhoe is very slow coming. And the tractor itself is out of commission, since instead of a rear wheel, it has a cutting head bolted to the passenger side rear wheel hub.

I'm done with the axle tube machining, but I've thinned it down a bit, so it really needs the new reinforcing brace to be clamped (bolted) on around that axle tube boss. But I can't bolt it on until I've finished fabricating it. And the progress on the fabrication is very slow.

So this is actually the harded part of the build. But by and by I'll work my way through it.

And then y'all will see/hear more from me.

**I spent the first 20 years of my life in the Chicago area. But I've now spent the next 34 years in the south. So don't worry, I'm qualified to say "y'all."**

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

IMHO this site is the friendliest group I’ve ever come across. It’s busy season so everyone has their plate full and summer coming. Everyone tries to jam in all they can because of the weather. I know I’ve been busier than a one legged man in a fanny kicking contest. I’m slowly making headway but things keep breaking in the process. The 646 is now leaking oil from the pump. I guess the seal is wore out, so I parked it until I can take a good look at it. The other site has people joining to get their questions answered because they are having problems with their GT’s. They won’t stay as a regular contributor. Most of the core group from the other site I don’t see them posting anymore. Whatever the case I like you guys because of the camaraderie. :cheers: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Some really good comments guys! I can sure relate.
@Harry well said and I agree! :thumbsup:

This is a good reminder for me to slow down a little and not get worked up all the time.
I know we’re all busy this time of year, I would just throw out to everyone if you can, take a few pictures of your projects, and tell us about them when you can :thumbsup:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

JSinMO wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:47 am Some really good comments guys! I can sure relate.
@Harry well said and I agree! :thumbsup:

This is a good reminder for me to slow down a little and not get worked up all the time.
I know we’re all busy this time of year, I would just throw out to everyone if you can, take a few pictures of your projects, and tell us about them when you can :thumbsup:
Hehe, I think you fellas would be getting sick and tired of pictures of the wood I’m doing, :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: but don’t worry, next week it will be a different pile of wood. :78: :78: :78: