Pictures: this moment

Shoot the breeze here.
Eugen Canada

Re: Pictures: this moment

Post by Eugen »

That's amazing! Those guys are lucky to have you. The amount of incompetence I see around in my job is at the opposite spectrum. The culture of "pick that one off the shelf " has pretty much won the race where I work. Really makes my day to see skill and ingenuity like what you're doing. :worship:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:10 pm That's amazing! Those guys are lucky to have you. The amount of incompetence I see around in my job is at the opposite spectrum. The culture of "pick that one off the shelf " has pretty much won the race where I work. Really makes my day to see skill and ingenuity like what you're doing. :worship:
Agreed , I also come from a trade that is now gone from diagnosing and repairing to Spin the wheel or though a dart diag. and throwing parts at it . I am too in AW Spike188 at your level of on the spot engineering .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

Eugen wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:10 pm That's amazing! Those guys are lucky to have you. The amount of incompetence I see around in my job is at the opposite spectrum. The culture of "pick that one off the shelf " has pretty much won the race where I work. Really makes my day to see skill and ingenuity like what you're doing. :worship:
I couldn't agree more! Well done!
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

KIMG0268.JPG
KIMG0267.JPG
Out sucking up wet leaves, trying to get done before more rain comes, third load, one more to go :48:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Great contraption the trailer with hey on the back! What will you doing with the leaves Tim?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E

Post by Timj »

Eugen wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:14 pm Great contraption the trailer with hey on the back! What will you doing with the leaves Tim?
The leaves are going on the garden.
With a fair amount of grass mixed in, and bouncing along, it becomes quite a brick. You can tell it's back there when it's full.
I built the sides back in the mid 90's, I had to tack a new tarp on top today, the old piece of blue tarp had seen better days. Can't believe it only lasted 25 years. :40:
Seabee United States of America

Post by Seabee »

SO I have the Case wagon that came with my Leaf Vac. Dumping it has always been a bit of a pain, but over-all not a bad setup! I now have LH and RH Leaf Vacs.

How are you dumping the trailer when full? Looks like Chicken wire on the back? Is there a frame that you take out to dump? Any pictures up close of the back?

We don't have any leaves down here yet, but over the weekend the leaves have really changed. I usually dump the leaves on the garden, also. But I usually have way more that it takes to cover the garden. People think I have a big garden, but nothing as big as where I grew up! I usually stop dumping on the garden when the leaves are covering about 1 foot or more thick!

Haven't used any fertilizer other than nitrogen on it in years, but do pull a soil test every 3-4 years just to keep track. I usually have somewhat high levels of nutrients. I am also keeping track of my PH and that tends toward high (7.3) My overall yard tends toward short on Potash and it shows. My wife keeps trying to get me to spread the "Potassium Ash" from our Burning area for limbs and the left over leaves after our garden. I even have a spreader. But catching the ashes when they are dry enough to spread is usually an issue.

Thanks for posting Tim!

Bill
Bill Moyer

Post by Timj »

Seabee wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:58 pm SO I have the Case wagon that came with my Leaf Vac. Dumping it has always been a bit of a pain, but over-all not a bad setup! I now have LH and RH Leaf Vacs.

How are you dumping the trailer when full? Looks like Chicken wire on the back? Is there a frame that you take out to dump? Any pictures up close of the back?

We don't have any leaves down here yet, but over the weekend the leaves have really changed. I usually dump the leaves on the garden, also. But I usually have way more that it takes to cover the garden. People think I have a big garden, but nothing as big as where I grew up! I usually stop dumping on the garden when the leaves are covering about 1 foot or more thick!

Haven't used any fertilizer other than nitrogen on it in years, but do pull a soil test every 3-4 years just to keep track. I usually have somewhat high levels of nutrients. I am also keeping track of my PH and that tends toward high (7.3) My overall yard tends toward short on Potash and it shows. My wife keeps trying to get me to spread the "Potassium Ash" from our Burning area for limbs and the left over leaves after our garden. I even have a spreader. But catching the ashes when they are dry enough to spread is usually an issue.

Thanks for posting Tim!

Bill
The back of the cart has a piece of plywood that slides down from the top in tracks, it's laying on the top. The picture is of how they end up when I slide the plywood up. The 17 cubic foot cart is too long and won't tip up enough to dump. They wouldn't come out anyway. I just take them out with a pitch fork.
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Troubleshooting electrical right now. I have a feeling it's not the regulator.

26C85758-5622-4E5C-B514-156A82CAAF19.jpeg
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Must build something with wood

F695A145-F6BA-4EC3-A9C6-0E01E38BB872.jpeg
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E