Pictures: this moment

Shoot the breeze here.
Toolslinger United States of America

Re: Pictures: this moment

Post by Toolslinger »

Working on my new to me mower today...
20211006_055239 (Small).jpg
She's seen a little use in the last 50+ years...
Mott 72 flail mower.
Needs some tabs replaced, and others rewelded due to cracks. Otherwise it's bearings, belt, and lots of new knives... Should be ready for the spring.
20211006_055307 (Small).jpg
crazycase Great Britain

Post by crazycase »

HI Guys
Been a while :cheers:
Your going to like the :arrow: sound that your 14hp Kohler engine puts out and the :arrow: low end power :creeper:
image.png
:thumbsup:

cc :pumpkin:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@Toolslinger very nice! what's it going to be mounted on?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@crazycase yep! Can't wait to hear that sound! :cheers:

Thanks for coming by @crazycase :wave3: don't be a stranger now! :smash: :blush:
Last edited by Eugen on Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E

Post by Toolslinger »

The plan is/was to put it on the back of the MF 135. That's likely to happen, but I was toying with the idea of sticking it on the back of an 8N as well.
The 135 has a better selection of gears, and more ponies to play with, but I find I'm using it for a lot of things, so tying it to a mower is perhaps not ideal. One of the N's has a completely rebuilt engine, but has a sticky clutch, and the 3 pt hitch isn't lifting currently. Both simple fixes (well kinda), but I don't know that it would be worth it, or if I should send that machine along to the next home, and look for another more capable machine... I like our N's, but they are very much limited machines compared to the next generation equipment...
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Toolslinger wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:19 am Working on my new to me mower today...
20211006_055239 (Small).jpg

She's seen a little use in the last 50+ years...
Mott 72 flail mower.
Needs some tabs replaced, and others rewelded due to cracks. Otherwise it's bearings, belt, and lots of new knives... Should be ready for the spring.
20211006_055307 (Small).jpg
I am hoping to find one of those cheap ( a re-builder ) that I can rework and put under The Bride of Frankenstein as a mid mount to emaciate the vegetation in the fall before disking the garden . The stalks of some of the plants are just too tough to chop up with the disks .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I'm facing the same issue @DavidBarkey . There's a lot of vegetation left on our garden that I really want to see go back in the soil, but some stalks are too tough and complicate my tilling. Ideally all that plant material should go through a shredder, but who's got time for that? :spin:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Eugen wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:48 pm I'm facing the same issue @DavidBarkey . There's a lot of vegetation left on our garden that I really want to see go back in the soil, but some stalks are too tough and complicate my tilling. Ideally all that plant material should go through a shredder, but who's got time for that? :spin:
As it is right now we have to pull the stocks and roots of some plants , put in compost pile for a year then flip and wait another year then back to the garden .
Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder

Post by Toolslinger »

While searching for my Mott, I ran across a couple 4' self powered Mott's that would sure take care of garden debris. I thought seriously about picking one up to either pull offset from the main mower (they sold a kit to pull 2 behind my 6' machine) or build one out with a hydraulic motor and make a ditch/bank for the 444... I also saw one that was a 20, or 24" self powered walk behind... Interesting little project, but I didn't need another project... That would have made a really nice little over the rail type for the 444...
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Toolslinger wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 am While searching for my Mott, I ran across a couple 4' self powered Mott's that would sure take care of garden debris. I thought seriously about picking one up to either pull offset from the main mower (they sold a kit to pull 2 behind my 6' machine) or build one out with a hydraulic motor and make a ditch/bank for the 444... I also saw one that was a 20, or 24" self powered walk behind... Interesting little project, but I didn't need another project... That would have made a really nice little over the rail type for the 444...
Because of the extra long wheel base of the B. of Fk. . diesel powered dumper. I want to be able to make use of that feature , like a mid mount 4' grader blade and 4' flail/ veg grinder . Any one with experience with these things that can share words of wisdom . please do . Still can't do a whole lot but trying to keep my mind active . In the mean time I have been able to do a number of little projects that have been on the back burner .

Dave
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder