Pictures: this moment

Shoot the breeze here.
Gordy United States of America

Re: Pictures: this moment

Post by Gordy »

RoamingGnome wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:33 pm
JSinMO wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:32 pm
I hate when that happens!

This is my service truck so on the flatbed it goes on the way to the shop for tires.
Yup, that sux... I got a flat last week in my Tacoma - first time in years and years... didn't see some debris on the highway, felt a little bump, heard something bounce around under the truck... :wife: said - you ran over something big... aren't you going to stop and check your tires... I said "I'm sure it will be ok...

Switched the dash over so I could see the TPMS info and watched one tire going down fast... :pullhair: We only had 10 miles to get home, but had to stop at 3 gas stations to put more air in the tire (It took less than 10 min to loose 30 psi) and the :cuss: gas stations are charging $2 for air - Cost me $6 in air to get home... nothing worse than sitting in traffic or at a stop light watching the tire pressure go down and down and down... Made it home ok. But used up a weeks worth of adrenaline watching tire pressure on the dash.... :))

Good news was it was a clean 3/8" hole in the centre of the tread - local tire shop did a proper dismount, plug and patch from the inside - been working good ever since :please:
I had an appointment for a windshield replacement. When I pulled in I could hear an air leak. :hitsfan: They had an open bay i could pull into right away, so I jacked the Mazda up and blocked it up, took the tire off and next door to the Cenex station for repair. OH YAH what I pulled out of the tire was an archery 3 bladed broadhead in the tread. Everybody wanted to know who I pissed off, so they could stay on the good side of him ;)

:cheers:
Gordy
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Thought we had a CCI tractor video topic but I couldn't find it...
Case forklift
Ingersoll 4016
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

So machines like this forklift and the big old giant trencher version that Case made way back in the day makes me ask myself what kind of rear axles they were running to put all that weight on.

Because the more time I spend examining and pondering the rear axle in my 4000 series, the more delicate it looks!

It seems like only a crazy person would hang a forklift or a big thousand pound trencher assembly off the back of this axle.

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I have not seen a trencher on wheels, only tracks and completely different type of chassis.

The forklift on the other hand...
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnCkevy41EU

I'm certain this was a factory product not custom. And I'm fairly certain that it was Colt, not a third party. But I'm not sure about that.
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Toolslinger United States of America

Post by Toolslinger »

Given that the 600's have no issue with a 700# load on the front axle/tires, I wouldn't stress too much about the rear axle. I mean I'd prefer the 600 series rear with the gussets, but I imagine that would never really have an issue.

I imagine that trencher weighs something along the lines of the D-100. The boom isn't really that bad, but that's a good bit of engine.

That fork on the other hand... They obviously did a lot to make that conversion. Perhaps they did some reinforcement on the axle. That would really be a handy machine to have in the right situation. My place is probably a bit too hilly to make it comfortable since it's narrow, and you sit pretty high. Otherwise, I'd really have to think about recreating something like that. I expect the capacity on it to be modest. I don't know if I've ever heard what it is, but I could imagine nothing more than 1000#, and 750# being comfortable. Probably all limited to a 16-20" load center.
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

I’ve seen that video a few years ago. Neat set up with the trencher and plow on the front.
But I’m wondering how would the trencher weigh a 1000 lbs ?
Motor would weigh 120 lbs or so, I’m guessing.
How much would the biggest tiller weigh for a Case tractor ?
Just curious.

Noel
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Thanks, I've never seen that trencher setup.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Eugen wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:50 am Thanks, I've never seen that trencher setup.
I think I ran into a thread about it on the other site. I was pondering a trencher and seeing if it had been done.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Just to add more entertainment, I knew that my LGT 165 Ford had an option for a trencher. I don’t have one. But have the picture of one out the the options brochure, for the Fords. Looks like it is powered by the tractor, not by an extra motor.

Noel.
Attachments
25B0B88C-D0B8-4B07-8147-4B2CF915860D.jpeg