How about a little Farmall Cub action.

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

How about a little Farmall Cub action.

Post by JSinMO »

Well the doctors said to be careful so I don’t pull my stitches out and keep it clean but they didn’t say anything about riding a tractor. And since I really should plant our sunflowers in the next week or so, and since the plow is already mounted on the Cub……..
IMG_4893.jpeg
It was kind of tuff going with a lot of roots still in the ground. It gave the Cub a pretty good workout.
IMG_4895.jpeg
I haven’t plowed with this guy in several years now, it was nice to work with it again. And it hummed right along with no issues except for hooking some bigger root it couldn’t cut.
IMG_4896.jpeg
The old Cub did an admirable job. There’s a lot of trash I’ll need to clean up, and it will probably take a few seasons to get the ground where I want it but I’m going to plant it and see what happens!
IMG_4894.jpeg
propane1 Canada

Re: How about a little Farmall Cub action.

Post by propane1 »

Nice job. What year is the cub Jeff. No hydraulics. Watch the hand.

Noel

Post by JSinMO »

propane1 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:17 am Nice job. What year is the cub Jeff. No hydraulics. Watch the hand.

Noel
Thanks Noel! It’s a 1947. I believe that’s the first year for the Cub. It has live hydraulics. It has a single point rear lift arm and a mid lift rocker. The lever by the seat is the pitch adjustment for the plow. Cubs that came without hydraulics have a manual lift lever on the left side of the tractor.
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Ahhh, thanks Jeff. I’m always learning something. She’s not far from the hundred years old.

Noel

Post by JSinMO »

propane1 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 pm She’s not far from the hundred years old.
Noel
I hadn’t really thought about that until you said it. That Ford 2N is a 1947 model as well.
The 2 Farmall M that I use to make hay have the them beat by a few years. 1941 and 1939. When I’m working with them I never really think of any of them as closing in on the century mark. It gives me some satisfaction to know this old stuff is still in good running condition and ready to work!