Marketplace rant

Shoot the breeze here.
MattA United States of America

Marketplace rant

Post by MattA »

So I'm not a big fan of marketplace for finding tractor parts. Search functions terrible at finding anything. Every time I search I have to reset the search criteria. Its just terrible. Using the "-" operator on any other sites search function removes that search term... but not on facebook. Just looked that up and its apparently "-:" :headbash: Anyways on probably Tuesday I come across a late model RM48 deck that had just been listed as part of a package with a rusty SB48 snowcaster and a case deck for $300. I messaged about the RM48 deck and had to ask twice in 48hrs for the person to confirm the model number. Part of the mule drive and the chute were missing but the deck appeared to be in good shape. Seller didn't know much about what was being sold. Its like they bought it at auction to resell it. I asked about buying just the deck for $100. Person said no. I offered $150 and no response. Friday comes around and I ask again. Person agrees to sell me the RM48 deck for $150 and tells me a blade is missing. I send the person my cell number and ask them to call me and finalize the purchase. Person messages back sorry I only communicate on marketplace. Super sketchy and I'm getting aggravated with the person. I asked for pictures of all sides of the deck and the persons like sorry I'm away tomorrow (Saturday). Today I get a message from facebook that the ads been marked as sold :cuss: Left the person 1 star feedback.
Where do you guys find your tractor parts besides Craigslist and marketplace?
Ingersoll 4016
Timj United States of America

Re: Marketplace rant

Post by Timj »

Other than a couple of guys with a lot of stuff,
Market place is my main search. The scammers are getting worse all the time. So little on Craig's list I hardly ever look.
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
ssmewing United States of America

Re: Marketplace rant

Post by ssmewing »

Marketplace has wrecked so much of what once was a Craigslist domain. You are certainly right about finding parts. I believe you could be told what exactly is the most sold item on Marketplace, and if you were to do a search verbatim for that item, you would get at most three items that are close to the right thing.

Marketplace has also driven prices to a level that is horrible for buyers. 3-points seem to start at $550 and go to $800. The same is true for all other items on everyone's wish list. Everyone has a $2,000 plus tractor, which was nearly unheard of before. And this is for the tractors that are always said to have run when it was parked and left to rot, and you can see the soil marks on the tires that show it was literally sunk into the ground to the rim.

Selling-wise, if you do not go crazy with the price, buyers are rabid to get things, and you can sell things in a day or two.