How Kelly and Merri met

Shoot the breeze here.
Spike188 Canada

How Kelly and Merri met

Post by Spike188 »

In early March a :446cart: Case trailer showed up on FB marketplace that was overpriced. It was an 1-1/2 away from me but a buddy's sister lived 15 minutes from the seller. I reached out to the seller and found the price negotiable. Next I texted my buddy in Toronto (an hour from me) and ask him if he wanted a 1/2 drive to see his sister. When he consented to drop what he was doing, a reasonable price was negotiated with the seller. 45 minutes later my Toronto buddy had paid for the cart and it was in his possession. 3 weeks later Toronto buddy delivered it to my house. In the mean time Gerry and I were texting about who really needs the cart. I have one already and don't need 2.

This morning Gerry text wondering if he could come pick it up around 1. I suspected that he might bring Kelly but didn't tell Merri they were coming until the last minute. I see no reason to stress the wife with paranoia about how tidy the house is. On arrival, Gerry and Kelly got a walk about in the tractor garden in spite of 45 degree and rainy weather. After loading the trailer on Gerry's truck I invited them in for coffee and banana/applesauce bread.

In no time flat, Kelly and Merri hit it off as they are both of artistic bent. :thumbsup: I don't know who had the best time, Eugene and Gerry or Merri and Kelly.

It was a great way to spend the afternoon getting to know each other and watching the wives make new friends.

Thanks for the friendship @RoamingGnome
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Harry United States of America

Re: How Kelly and Merri met

Post by Harry »

That was a great story, thanks for sharing! :highfive: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Thanks for the kind words @Spike188 It was a really nice way to spend an afternoon, sharing stories of life's adventures and making good friendships that have so much more than just old Case Garden Tractors in common... :thumbsup:

I empathize with you about your garden full of Case Tractors as spring arrives, our calendars for the year start to fill, the to-do lists get longer and longer and the grass keeps growing underfoot... ;)
PXL_20220926_144848132.MP.jpg
So many of us are waiting for that perfect moment when dreams, time and money will all intersect. My crop of Suzuki's has been peacefully out to pasture behind a friends barn for over 20 years :)) - something about living in the city and my neighbours not appreciating a herd of free range Samurais frolicking in the backyard.

It was Awesome to see our wives connect and share in their common "artsy" interests... Kelly hasn't stopped talking about Merri's Art and and room full of supplies.

And Ghost seems to have enjoyed curling up on my coat...
Ghost.jpeg
which of course led to some strange looks and sniffs from our cat Echo when we got home...

Sharing ideas on the forum is great, and it's even better to meet in person and chat over a :coffee: (and the Banana/Applesauce bread was delicious)
- Looking forward to visiting with You and Merri again, :thumbsup:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Makes me happy you guys were able to get together and enjoy a visit! :cheers: