Page 1 of 1

Mowing time soon

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:27 pm
by DavidBarkey
After couple of days of steady rain the grass is greening up and starting to grow . All that is needed here is a day or two of sun and the grass will be ready to cut . How is it for you all .?

Re: Mowing time soon

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:58 pm
by propane1
Getting green but still three weeks away yet.

Noel.

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:01 pm
by JSinMO
I cut ours for the first time last week. It’ll need in again in a day or two. We’re about in full swing for mowing season here!

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:10 am
by Harry
It has rained so much recently and still is my property is flooded. It will take a week of sunshine and wind to dry it out. I’m in no hurry I’ve got plenty of projects in the shop to keep me busy. :peace: Harry

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:03 am
by DavidBarkey
Harry wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:10 am It has rained so much recently and still is my property is flooded. It will take a week of sunshine and wind to dry it out. I’m in no hurry I’ve got plenty of projects in the shop to keep me busy. :peace: Harry
Drainage is no problem here Harry . We live on a pile of sand and gravel left behind by the glacier . Amending the soil so it holds some moisture has been the work in progress .

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:18 pm
by RoamingGnome
Crab grass is coming along nicely in the city...
PXL_20240414_000424508.MP~2.jpg
As soon as the rest of the weeds catch up :rofl: - I think I should be ready to fire up the lawnmower sometime next week :fight:

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:40 pm
by JSinMO
DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:03 am
Harry wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:10 am It has rained so much recently and still is my property is flooded. It will take a week of sunshine and wind to dry it out. I’m in no hurry I’ve got plenty of projects in the shop to keep me busy. :peace: Harry
Drainage is no problem here Harry . We live on a pile of sand and gravel left behind by the glacier . Amending the soil so it holds some moisture has been the work in progress .
That reminds me of my trips to Florida Mr Dave. Pure sand everywhere you look. I’m shocked anything grows there at all.

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:35 am
by DavidBarkey
JSinMO wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:40 pm
DavidBarkey wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:03 am
That reminds me of my trips to Florida Mr Dave. Pure sand everywhere you look. I’m shocked anything grows there at all.
Fortunately the top water table ( there is 4 ) is only about 20-30 down depending the spot on the yard and sits on a clay layer thats about 60 foot down . All that sand makes for a great water filter . We got some of the best drinking water around . So thats the trade off .

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:17 pm
by CaseIngersollNE
We are green here and had endless rain for what seems 2 years now.... Growing in healthy full sun spots. Not far

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:47 pm
by FUTZ
It's time for me to cut. Grass is almost hiding my beautiful flowers!!!
image.png

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 pm
by Harry
I cut the grass for the first time on Tuesday. Then it rained on Wednesday and Thursday. I left some muddy tracks in the back yard near my shop because I had to drive through water. I never got stuck or had the tires spinning throwing mud everywhere. I hope to get some sunshine over the weekend to dry it up. :peace: Harry