Wicked late winter / early spring weather

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

Wicked late winter / early spring weather

Post by JSinMO »

We had a line of severe thunderstorms move through last evening. A lot of lightning, wind, and small hail here. They had baseball sized hail to our south that’s kinda rare.
Son was tending to the chickens and spotted some tracks in the mud. The land owners around us run cattle and I guess they got spooked in the storm.
IMG_4730.jpeg
They leave some big hoof marks! Looks like it was only a couple. I tracked them across our land to a section of fence that got torn down. So at least they got home. We have to get a new post to fix that. I saw a lightning bolt during the storm and today I see this.
IMG_4731.jpeg
IMG_4732.jpeg
Not sure if lighting hit the tree or if it was just wind. The heavy rain sure flattened out my freshly plowed garden!

Only other damage I found is our washed out driveway. I decided to go out tonight and fix it with the 446.
I must say I’m very pleased with how it’s working.
IMG_4733.jpeg
And the tires chains have really made this a useful tractor!
Much more pulling and pushing ability now!
IMG_4736.jpeg
I guess I’ll have to check our roof in the daylight and the rest of the land to make sure we don’t have any more damage.

@RoamingGnome this tractor has the original lights with the glass lenses. I think they still put out good light but I bet your new LED lights are phenomenal!
IMG_4735.jpeg
IMG_4734.jpeg
propane1 Canada

Re: Wicked late winter / early spring weather

Post by propane1 »

Great the 446 is working good Jeff. You got a little pick up sticks work to do.
My 1975 Case 224 has the glass lenses. Not sure how long they had the glass ones and then changed to plastic lenses.

Noel
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Winter is trying to make a come back here . Went from snow all gone to a couple of inches overnight . :(( :pullhair: :sick: :barf:
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

:(( I agree with your sentiments completely @DavidBarkey :45: We don't have any accumulation down here, but there were snowflakes flying around when I put the garbage out at 6:30 this morning :pullhair: - think I got spoiled last week with all that nice weather - looks like it's going to be a week or two before I can do anymore work in the BigSkyShop™ - and that cold wind is just whistling through the tent garage...
Good day to sit in the basement with :coffee:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

We’re in the same boat down here. We’re dry but we’re back below freezing. Temperatures are going to be up and down all week :109: :33: I’m convinced that tree got struck by lightning. I saw an orange fire ball and heard the thunder crack at the same time during the storm. I cleaned up around it yesterday the top of the tree was blown apart, there were pieces of wood stuck in the ground over about a 200 foot area and the bark was off almost to the ground.
IMG_4738.jpeg
That tree wasn’t in good shape so I’m glad it hit that and not the shop!
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

@JSinMO . :O Time to make some more fire wood .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder