Being impatient can still be fun!

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

Being impatient can still be fun!

Post by JSinMO »

The grounds to wet and storms are coming but I just couldn’t stop myself!
IMG_4719.jpeg
IMG_4722.jpeg
The 2N ran fine and did a pretty good job pulling. I really had to play with the draft lever as I went.
IMG_4723.jpeg
IMG_4728.png
Honestly it’s a terrible plow job but it made me grin and its plenty good for a garden spot.

A thought came to me as I was finishing up. I went ahead and made one more pass and turned over some sod. Then I rolled it up and hauled it over to the ruts the propane truck left a couple of months ago.
IMG_4725.jpeg
It got to dark to take a picture but the yard is way better now. I’ll let it settle and see how it looks.
propane1 Canada

Re: Being impatient can still be fun!

Post by propane1 »

Very nice Jeff. Be two months before that plowing happens here.
Playing with the draft a lot could be from the points on the plow worn out. No suck left on the bottom of the point. I’m sure you know what I mean, but I can post a picture of my points. One new and one worn out. It’s amazing the difference in plowing between new points and worn out ones.
Sure looks like fun.

Noel
Toolslinger United States of America

Post by Toolslinger »

I've only run the 8N plowing a couple times. However my father had it set, is how I ran it, because a) I had only read the book on the process, and how to set up the N, and b) there was no telling my father that he might not have done something right... He was the ultimate authority on everything, regardless if he had a clue.

That said, it always did a nice job. That was despite the fact he always ran it in position, rather than draft. I do remember as a kid that we upgraded from a 2 bottom Dearborn plow that used a hard to find plowshare to a newer 2 bottom Ford, and that made a pretty big difference. I imagine it would have been amazing if it was run with draft.

Perhaps some day I will do that, just because... I've no need to plow, but the N is ready, and the plow sits safely under the barn for that just in case moment...
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

@propane1 It was fun! That plow has some wear but it still has plenty of suck. It sets in the ground fine. I think the problem is me! :109: You’d think by now I could level a plow correctly, but that’s not the case :30: :giggle: I had the rear bottom running to shallow. Then I kept setting the plow too deep, I was having trouble finding the right spot. Of course as usual for me I had it set about right by the time I was done! :rofl: I really should have waited for it to be dried out more too. But it should disc out fine. It will still be more that a month before I’m ready to plant anything.

@Toolslinger Its nice to have the plow already even if you don’t plan on using it at the moment.
You never know, you might decide to put in a garden or a food plot. As you can see by my work even if it is set wrong you can still tear ground up! :))
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I'm totally supporting and subscribe to the "impatience". I'm looking forward to it too. :thumbsup:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: