Page 1 of 1

Small town stuff.

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 am
by JSinMO
Every once in awhile I’m reminded of some of the nice things about being in a small community. Today was drive your tractor to school day. The older kids come pulling in with all sort of things. Like a little tractor show. It’s cold here today though. There were only a few when I dropped son off this morning and I see they all drove something with a cab on it!

Re: Small town stuff.

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:53 am
by Eugen
JSinMO wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 am Every once in awhile I’m reminded of some of the nice things about being in a small community. Today was drive your tractor to school day. The older kids come pulling in with all sort of things. Like a little tractor show. It’s cold here today though. There were only a few when I dropped son off this morning and I see they all drove something with a cab on it!
I've seen once a video about such an event somewhere in the US and thought, what a great idea. Too bad you didn't take a picture. I tell you, our current society lacks old and healthy traditions big time. Progress as in throw the past in the garbage is bad bad bad.

Re: Small town stuff.

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:49 am
by JSinMO
Eugen wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:53 am
JSinMO wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 am Every once in awhile I’m reminded of some of the nice things about being in a small community. Today was drive your tractor to school day. The older kids come pulling in with all sort of things. Like a little tractor show. It’s cold here today though. There were only a few when I dropped son off this morning and I see they all drove something with a cab on it!
I've seen once a video about such an even somewhere in the US and thought, what a great idea. Too bad you didn't take a picture. I tell you, our current society lacks old and healthy traditions big time. Progress as in throw the past in the garbage is bad bad bad.
I wanted to take a picture but with all the kids going into school and parents coming and going I didn’t want to hold the line up. I think they do it a couple time a year maybe I can get some pictures next time. I agree with you, we’ve lost so much as a society. I don’t know what the answer is other than try to do the right thing and try to hold on the your traditions and values the best you can.