Small town stuff.

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

Small town stuff.

Post by JSinMO »

Every once in awhile I’m reminded of some of the nice things about being in a small community. Today was drive your tractor to school day. The older kids come pulling in with all sort of things. Like a little tractor show. It’s cold here today though. There were only a few when I dropped son off this morning and I see they all drove something with a cab on it!
Eugen Canada

Re: Small town stuff.

Post by Eugen »

JSinMO wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 am Every once in awhile I’m reminded of some of the nice things about being in a small community. Today was drive your tractor to school day. The older kids come pulling in with all sort of things. Like a little tractor show. It’s cold here today though. There were only a few when I dropped son off this morning and I see they all drove something with a cab on it!
I've seen once a video about such an event somewhere in the US and thought, what a great idea. Too bad you didn't take a picture. I tell you, our current society lacks old and healthy traditions big time. Progress as in throw the past in the garbage is bad bad bad.
Last edited by Eugen on Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
JSinMO United States of America

Re: Small town stuff.

Post by JSinMO »

Eugen wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:53 am
JSinMO wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 am Every once in awhile I’m reminded of some of the nice things about being in a small community. Today was drive your tractor to school day. The older kids come pulling in with all sort of things. Like a little tractor show. It’s cold here today though. There were only a few when I dropped son off this morning and I see they all drove something with a cab on it!
I've seen once a video about such an even somewhere in the US and thought, what a great idea. Too bad you didn't take a picture. I tell you, our current society lacks old and healthy traditions big time. Progress as in throw the past in the garbage is bad bad bad.
I wanted to take a picture but with all the kids going into school and parents coming and going I didn’t want to hold the line up. I think they do it a couple time a year maybe I can get some pictures next time. I agree with you, we’ve lost so much as a society. I don’t know what the answer is other than try to do the right thing and try to hold on the your traditions and values the best you can.