never a dull moment

Shoot the breeze here.
DavidBarkey Canada

never a dull moment

Post by DavidBarkey »

Well that was an interesting night. About 3 am we were woken up to strange noises coming from outside . Grunting, growling , swaring , yelling and so on from the dark . Could see a shadow of a man between our place and neighbours stumbling about . Had OPP come and remove the guy . They had EMS come and take him to get some help . I don't know where the guy come from or what he was on , but he was not in his right mind . Big guy , scruffy with "beer belly " in his 50's from what I could see . For those that know where we live , it is not exactly close to down town anywhere . ugg.
In the light of day I had a walk about and Found a little baggy of drugs on the ground where the guys was this morning . Neighbour found the guys coat , groceries and bike in his yard too .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
JSinMO United States of America

Re: never a dull moment

Post by JSinMO »

Wow, not good. Glad you guys are safe, that could have been much worse. Hopefully the guy gets some help.
In this day and age I’d say you made a wise choice not to engage.
Jancoe United States of America

Post by Jancoe »

Wow. Glad you guys were safe. So crazy the world can be.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

:O definitely something you don't expect when you live in the country. :hm:
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

So I found out from the officer that came to pick up the drugs I found that the guy is not homeless , but lives on the other side of the township , about a 20 min drive by car at highway speeds . He was on a old mountain bike with a couple bags of groceries .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Wow! Glad you are safe, scary for you, but in some ways really lucky for that guy... I'm sure he wouldn't have stood much of a chance if someone hit him with a car while he was wobbling all over the highway on a bicycle... in the dark... :O
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
THEOTHERHALF United States of America

Post by THEOTHERHALF »

sounds like a really crazy night, glad all turned out well, hopefully no one was waiting for the groceries, - with nothing to eat -
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

That was for sure a crazy story and an even crazier night for you and your family. Glad to hear you and your family are safe. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Ah , but it gets better . The guy shows up this afternoon to appalagise and thanked us for not beating him off with a bat or ruther . I guess he or someone he know has not been as lucky. Asked if we knew where his stuff was, so set him over to the neighbours who had his stuff that he left behind .
A lady that works at my wifes store lives a bout a Km down the hwy and she hear the commotion . Cool night and the breese was blowing in that direction and it is quiet out here .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Now that's a sad story, Dave. How does someone get to this point. I'm thinking these days you have to be really careful touching some of the drugs people leave behind, I've heard about cops overdosing from just touching. It's terrible and evil what's happening.

I can imagine it's scary to deal with something like this in the middle of the night. It would probably freak out our small kids and my wife. We got no guns here either, and the cops would not show up very quickly. :|
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: