Case GT ownership

Shoot the breeze here.
Harry United States of America

Case GT ownership

Post by Harry »

I wanted to thank everyone for being supportive in my GT projects. As you can probably tell I’m not a purist in my rebuilding activities. When I first joined the other site I would post stories with pics of my projects and I would get some negative feedback on there. So I would be selective on what I would post. I remember one member replied saying when you have done as many complete rebuilds as so and so then tell us what you have done. I was brought up with the attitude that if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. I like to change things to my own liking and not always keep something stock. Well that’s just my opinion and the members here have never said anything negative about what I’ve posted. :highfive: :cool: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
JSinMO United States of America

Re: Case GT ownership

Post by JSinMO »

Harry wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:50 am I wanted to thank everyone for being supportive in my GT projects. As you can probably tell I’m not a purist in my rebuilding activities. When I first joined the other site I would post stories with pics of my projects and I would get some negative feedback on there. So I would be selective on what I would post. I remember one member replied saying when you have done as many complete rebuilds as so and so then tell us what you have done. I was brought up with the attitude that if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. I like to change things to my own liking and not always keep something stock. Well that’s just my opinion and the members here have never said anything negative about what I’ve posted. :highfive: :cool: :peace: Harry
Well said Harry! I have had the same experience on other sites. I’m not opposed to criticism or questions, a lot of good ideas can come from it. But negative or snide comments just for the sake of being negative or to make a person look stupid typed by a keyboard warrior I have no time for.

In my case I would also like to thank the group for the latitude to stray from the normal and show other projects I work on and with. I enjoy sharing that with you all and I look forward to seeing your projects as well.
:thumbsup:
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Well said @Harry and @JSinMO

The ability to share information, learn from others and to be able to speak about a wide range of topics without armchair experts and keyboard warriors criticizing every detail makes this a very special corner of the internet... :worship:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

Well said guys . The pic.s that go with the stories or questions go a long way too . I myself am not much of words guy , more touch and see kind of guy . SHort and sweet with eye candy .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Good observations guys. @Harry , thanks for sharing this. I personally am far from a purist and/or perfectionist. I do appreciate restorations others do, I am in awe by the attention to details some have and all the exacting work some people do. But I do not look at things in terms of inferior or superior. For me it's all about what a person as an individual wants; in my opinion it is a grave mistake to impose one's values onto others. If what you just built, or repaired, or restored, is within some sort of parameters that are acceptable for you, I am sharing in your happiness. If you are not happy with what you've done, I support you in that too. Nobody is perfect or capable of perfection.

It makes me happy that we have set a tone of acceptance and understanding each other on this site. This is the culture here; somehow we were able to keep it this way and will do all I can to keep it this way.

We learn from each other, we share both our successful projects and our frustrations without fear of being judged or laughed at. :wave3:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: