The hard life of a barn cat

Shoot the breeze here.
Timj United States of America

Re: The hard life of a barn cat

Post by Timj »

Having them around does definitely help with keeping the mouse population in check. We currently have three that live in the little shed that I've been working on. Having the old farm buildings seems to attract strays, I think people that don't want them drop them off, next thing you know there's a litter of kittens. :114: When the girls were young they would want to keep them all, fortunately some went home with their friends. :69:

They are not let in the house but these three have it pretty soft. They each have their own little heated house. ;) and get fed every morning. We have to pick up the food in the evening or the opossum come.
KIMG0898.JPG
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Jancoe United States of America

Re: The hard life of a barn cat

Post by Jancoe »

I have what you call a park model at an rv campground association. It has travel trailers, 5th wheels, and park models with additions. The feral cat population is horrible at the place. Some of the older folks like to look out for them and place alot of food out. They have multiplied over the last 4 years at that place. A few have tried capturing the smaller less aggressive ones and taking them in for spay/neutered but most times they are brought back to the park. The park is very nice to go to on the weekends. The cats not so much for me. You guys can have them. They don't do their job at that park because we see alot of chipmunks all over.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk