Number of views for a topic

Shoot the breeze here.
RoamingGnome Canada

Re: 446 winter tractor repair

Post by RoamingGnome »

Eugen wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:41 am
haha, Bob, if I wanted to bring in some money with this site, there are ways, first being allowing advertising on all pages. But when I visit other sites and I get those video pop up ads, it annoys me. I think we're better this way.

At the moment I can afford paying all the expenses for supporting the site. There may be a time when I live on a very small income supporting my family. and maybe then I can no longer afford the yearly expense. But we will cross that bridge when we get there.

I see the sister cci site is doing very well, they get 99% of the new tractor guys. I'm happier here, for me it's a less corporate, more like a shop where we guys talk tractors. But I understand also that other people like it there more. I know we're not generating a lot of sales for you the parts guys, so thank you for still sticking around. Who knows, maybe one day things change.
I agree with everything @Eugen said here... two :thumbsup: to Eugen for a job well done, and for being able to afford hosting a forum like this. :worship:

It certainly has a way of bringing like minded people together to sit around a virtual shop and shoot the breeze... Knowing that vendors are following the forum is a plus, hopefully one day we'll get a Canadian vendor, or somebody might want to expand north of the border - anything for a break on shipping, exchange rates and duties/taxes... :violin:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Harry wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:52 am
myerslawnandgarden wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:56 pm OK Eugen,

Inquiring minds have to know. How does this post have over 20,000 views in 2 months on a forum with 200 or so members? My apologies if I am missing something.

Sorry, these things intrigue me!

Bob
I see a post started by JSinMO on 9/4 that has 55001 views. There must be a lot of guests viewing the site. :O :peace: Harry
55001 views!? Dang I must be downright popular with the bots! :D
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

RoamingGnome wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:30 pm
Eugen wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:41 am
haha, Bob, if I wanted to bring in some money with this site, there are ways, first being allowing advertising on all pages. But when I visit other sites and I get those video pop up ads, it annoys me. I think we're better this way.

At the moment I can afford paying all the expenses for supporting the site. There may be a time when I live on a very small income supporting my family. and maybe then I can no longer afford the yearly expense. But we will cross that bridge when we get there.

I see the sister cci site is doing very well, they get 99% of the new tractor guys. I'm happier here, for me it's a less corporate, more like a shop where we guys talk tractors. But I understand also that other people like it there more. I know we're not generating a lot of sales for you the parts guys, so thank you for still sticking around. Who knows, maybe one day things change.
I agree with everything @Eugen said here... two :thumbsup: to Eugen for a job well done, and for being able to afford hosting a forum like this. :worship:

It certainly has a way of bringing like minded people together to sit around a virtual shop and shoot the breeze... Knowing that vendors are following the forum is a plus, hopefully one day we'll get a Canadian vendor, or somebody might want to expand north of the border - anything for a break on shipping, exchange rates and duties/taxes... :violin:
I certainly agree with everything said! I won’t pretend to have any idea on what it takes in time, knowledge, or money to host a website because I don’t. But @Eugen I can try to tell you how much I appreciate you taking it on. :worship: :worship: :worship: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I’ve said it before but, with our south of the border Thanksgiving tomorrow maybe it bears repeating. I am quite thankful for this site and the people on it. You all are the reason it is so pleasant to be here. Your knowledge, friendship, and humor is very much appreciated! Thank you Eugen for providing the conduit that makes this possible! :thumbsup:
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

Eugen,

Thank you for your time and the expenses incurred in running this forum. For myself, it's not about generating parts sales, it's about supporting the line. I've been involved with Case/Ingersoll OPE for over 50 years now. If an extra sale or two are a byproduct that's a bonus.

Hopefully at some point you will be rewarded by more than the satisfaction of what you are doing, I'm sure that VS would like to get their hands on the site and flood it with ads.

And by the way, sorry for hijacking this thread. Should have started a new one!!

Bob
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Great site Eugen. Thanks. I go to the other site but not to often.

Noel
Toolslinger United States of America

Re: Number of views for a topic

Post by Toolslinger »

What we need to figure out is how to set one forum up with trash content that the spam bots keep crawing, and then monitize that, while we enjoy the peace in the real forum content. I'm sure they've figured out how to avoid that, but it's a nice idea...