Trip to Romania

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

Re: Trip to Romania

Post by JSinMO »

Thanks for the pictures and videos @Eugen I must say I’m enjoying your vacation! :D

We’re the same as Dave no fiber optic cable around here.
I think you’re selling the place a little short Eugen. From what I see in your posts it is a picturesque country with a lot of people that hold to a traditional lifestyle, kinda nice I think. With everything going on in the world today I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being an “unimportant country”. Let’s hope it stays that way.
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

Beautiful, very pastoral scenes! It seems so peaceful and predictable, far from the hustle that we experience in the west.

I'd really enjoy it there. For the first two weeks. Then I'd start a desperate hunt for some kind of tooling or machinery, something to keep my mind and hands busy, trying not to lose my mind!

:)) :))
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

@JSinMO I guess I didn't want to come across in a big way, this is not the Swiss Alps or anything, but it has a certain charm which has to do a lot with the way people still live.

@thebuildist , yeah, I had similar thoughts. But then there's a really tiny town about 6 miles away and when I entered the tiny hardware store it blew my mind. It had everything there. Including hydraulic hoses, all sizes of wheel bearings you can think of, wow. Honestly, for more items I can think of it had more options than our regular hardware store in Canada. A mom and pop store on two levels of a house. And right across the street there was another little place advertising hydraulic hoses. The way it goes here, it seems a few people got some old tractors and they do the work got others as well. No big farms in this area.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

And we're back home, arrived late last night safe and sound, just tired, after 24h of traveling without being able to sleep. The toughest of the 24 was the last hour of driving in the dark. I was literally pinching myself worried my brain turns itself off.

I'll share a few videos from the property we visited. We intend to move there at some point in the future, in search of a simpler life.

I also went up in the mountains, which was nice too.

Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

Welcome back! :wave2: Glad you arrived safe and sound, late night trips are never much fun, especially when you are at the risk of falling asleep behind the steering wheel. :coffee: :42: :coffee: :109: :coffee: I really appreciate :wife: beside me on those trips the :bla: :bla: helps keep me awake :)

The countryside there looks beautiful, I completely understand your desire to move back there in search of a more peaceful lifestyle. :thumbsup:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
DavidBarkey Canada

Post by DavidBarkey »

That awesome . The mountain view are breath taking . Glad you all made in home safely . Get some rest , can't wait to here all about it .
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Welcome home to you and the family! After 24 hours of travel I bet the boys were wore out! Glad your all back safe and sound. It sure seems to be some pretty country over there.
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Very pretty country.
Ingersoll 4016
Chad Canada

Post by Chad »

Glad you're all back safely. Looks beautiful and can certainly see the attraction to a simpler life. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the pics of your out of country vacation, I enjoyed the views. Glad to hear yourback home and everyone is safe. :thumbsup: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226