I have been ducking in and out quickly....

Shoot the breeze here.
Seabee United States of America

I have been ducking in and out quickly....

Post by Seabee »

Some of you may be aware that I haven't been upholding my end of this bargin( CCIGT) recently. I have tried to sign in more recently and check up on things, but have not stayed very long.

In late February I, like others had my turn with Covid. 2 weeks later I came down with Blood clots in my left leg from the groin to the ankle and some small ones in my lungs. About a week later, they removed the clots with surgery. Some of them were 2-3 inches long and as big around as my little finger! About 3 weeks later I had a heart attack, and was told by my Doctor that had I not been on the blood thinners given to me for the clots in my leg, that I would have never made the emergency room with my heart attack.

Thanks too a lot of prayers, Good Dr's and nurses, good neighbors, and friends, I would not be here today. I finished Cardiac REHAB a couple of weeks ago. I addition to the Cardiac rehab I was determined that I was going to get over it as soon as possible. I was swimming MWF at 9:00 am for an hour, and Cardiac rehad MWF at 11:00 am for an hour. I was usually exhausted by then and all I wanted to do on those days was to seep or rest.

I had all kinds of thoughts on what I was going to do for spring/summer projects. I didn't get to many of them and am just recently really into them. I will have some pictures up soon and will hopefully have my 4118 with mower deck finished and up for sale. I have been on that project for a long time. This December will be 6 years. I can't believe how many parts, bolts, how much painting and repainting, the amount of money that has gone into this project.

I was going to call it a "restoration", later when I looked at certain places with the paint I decided I was too proud to call it a "Restoration". I am calling it a total rework, with a heck of a nice paint job. After I got enough "good" coats of paint applied I used my "Ace in a Hole" Clear coat with Hardener" and boy did that ever put a heck of nice finish to the paint.

I still have to finish the paint on the mower deck cover, Put the hoses on the Hydraulic motor on the deck, decals on the tractor and deck, and make at least a couple runs to check for leaks in the hydro system. For those not familiar with the 3116, 4116, 3118, 4118, and 4120, these are the All Hydraulic tractors that drive the Hydra decks, tillers, snow blowers and such. The only belt on my tractor/deck is the belt that drives the spindles. A hydraulic motor drives the spindle belt. From that motor hoses connect to the tractors' Hydraulic system. There are a lot of potential areas for a leak. That is why I still need a couple more checks on the system.

SO I haven't accomplished a whole lot the last 6 months, and I am still not fully over it, but I am getting better every day!

Keep up with the good work with this sight!

Bill Moyer
Bill Moyer
Eugen Canada

Re: I have been ducking in and out quickly....

Post by Eugen »

You've been through a lot Bill, good to see you're on the mend. We're here wrenching and tractoring along and glad to see you come back when you can. :cheers:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
ras101 United States of America

Post by ras101 »

Bill, I feel for you my friend! As someone who has struggled with health issues over the last few years I know where you are.. Take care and spend the time to recover.. your hobby and your friends will be here when you want to return.. Ray
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

Bill, It's great to have you back . We would not have been much help at patching you up :weld1: and putting you back together :creeper: Follow the Docs orders. We are cheering for you.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Welcome back Bill, terrific to hear from you. Sorry to hear what you have been through. Your one tough guy to hang in there and keep up the fight. I wish you smooth sailing in the future and looking forward to pics of your GT. :highfive: :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Good to hear you're feeling better and getting back to working on your tractors. Wow, sounds like you have been through a lot. Here's to improvement, one day at a time. :cheers:
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace: