Midwest Heat

Shoot the breeze here.
myerslawnandgarden United States of America

Midwest Heat

Post by myerslawnandgarden »

Looking forward to the latest warm spell to end, the heat index hit 120 degrees at O'Hare Airport in Chicago today. Reminds of me growing up in Northern Illinois farm country. We lived in a small town and I don't think anyone even dreamed of central air in the early '60s. As soon as the sun started to go down everyone was out in the yard in lawn chairs. Lots of family interaction, either my Dad's parents or his grandparents and uncle came over or else we went to one of their houses almost every night for a couple of hours in the summertime.

Kind of miss those simpler times.

Bob
Eugen Canada

Re: Midwest Heat

Post by Eugen »

We can't really blame TV for this because there was TV then too. So I wonder, why it's not like that anymore? We live here in a small village, but there must be between 500 and 1000 houses though. We go for walks with the kids all the time, and before the kids me and my wife. No matter the weather, we like going for walks. And we're always wondering why streets are empty, at almost any hour of the day or evening. We do see the odd person walking a dog, but even that's rare. What broke the social fabric of society?

Not very hot here, in fact it's been quite cool the last week or so.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: