@Doublet . :congrats: Happy Birthday
Dave
Mad Tractor Builder
RoamingGnome Canada

Re: 🎂 Happy Birthday

Post by RoamingGnome »

:congrats: Happy Birthday @Doublet :congrats:
Hope you have an awesome day! :cheers:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

:wave: Happy B day doublet. Hope it’s a terrific day for you. :peace: Harry
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

Happy birthday Terry. My sister showed 107 near you a couple of days ago. Hope to see you in August or September.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great one!
Doublet United States of America

Thanks for Happy Birthday Wishes

Post by Doublet »

Spike188 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:13 pm Happy birthday Terry. My sister showed 107 near you a couple of days ago. Hope to see you in August or September.
It has been very hot down here for several weeks. I have been going back and forth to the Doctors office in Oklahoma City treatments. Treatments start back in late August. About the time I start feeling better I have to go back. Hopefully get better soon.

Thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes, they were appreciated.

Terry
"It is all about the history of the tractors. "One tractor at a time"
Doublet United States of America

Post by Doublet »

Spike188 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:13 pm Happy birthday Terry. My sister showed 107 near you a couple of days ago. Hope to see you in August or September.
This was not written by me but my give you an idea of the Oklahoma Weather. Just ask Eugene.

Author Unknown:

We just moved to Oklahoma! Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th
Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in ah air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshiper.

June 30th:
Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing the lawn for me: Another scorcher today, but I love it" here.

July 10th:
The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least, it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th:
Fell asleep by the community pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed. 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned iny lesson though. Got to respect the old' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th:
I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, then popped like a water balloon. The car now smells like Kibbles and Shits. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat. Good old Mr. Sun strikes again.

July 25th:
'The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And { it's hot as hell). The home air-conditioner Is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th:
Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now, $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Lomita is the lucky one. Why did I ever come here?

Aug.4th:

Its 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 85. I hate this stupid state. If another wise ass cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, ny clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

Aug. 9th:
Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my ass was on fire. My skin melted to the seat. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and ass. Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ass, and baked cat.

Aug 10th:
The weather report tonight on the 3 main TV channels “Hot and sunny.” “Hotter, windy and sunny”. Hot, windy, dry and sunny.
It's been too hot to do shit, for 2 damn month s in a row and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week.
Doesn't it ever rain in this damn state? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this damn heat.

Aug.14th:
Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Cactus are dead. Forgot to crack the Window and blew the damn windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and guess what he asked me??? “ Hot enough for you today?"

My sister had to spend $1,500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Oklahoma. What kind of o sick demented idiot would want to live here??

I will write later to let you all know how the trial goes.

Hope you all have a nice cool day! lol

By the way it is a hundred and 4, 104 degrees as I write this, wind is about 10 miles per hour from the South.
I love it here!
Terry
"It is all about the history of the tractors. "One tractor at a time"
RoamingGnome Canada

Post by RoamingGnome »

@Doublet :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is a heck of a good story :) We don't usually get a lot of stupid hot dry weather in Southern Ontario. It's mostly muggy humid heat that just makes you 110% miserable... have a shower to freshen up and you are soaked in sweat before you can put clean clothes on.

I was living/working in British Columbia for a few years and I got to experience dry heat like that... day time highs were only 43°C or about 110°F.
Opened the window of my service truck going down the highway and in a second all the cool air was gone and it felt like someone had pointed a hairdryer at your face. It was the first time in my life working outside in those conditions - never felt like you were sweating, only at the end of the day your coveralls were caked in crusty sweat that had evaporated as fast as it came out of your pores.

In 2021 in the middle of a hot, dry spell Lytton, BC set the current high temp record for Canada of 49.6°C (121°F) - The next day a Forest Fire burned the town to the ground... It was about 35 miles from where I had been working a few years earlier...
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)