Non-tractor projects

Shoot the breeze here.
thebuildist United States of America

Re: Non-tractor projects

Post by thebuildist »

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with how it turned out. Banging stuff together is easy for me, but getting things to look "perfect" is really challenging. Getting the stain color just right, perfect miters at the corners, etc. Producing furniture quality is right at the limit of what I can do.

So I'm super-stoked when it turns out this nice. I think it's my nicest piece yet.

Yes, @DavidBarkey that is a working landline. It's actually an SIP-based internet phone service, but it behaves like a traditional landline. It almost never gets used, and all my friends/relatives have dropped them in favor of cell phones. But I just like my house to have a phone. And the grandkids like that antique phone, the way it rings and how you turn that dial-thingy. I have an old payphone stashed away that I've converted over to not needing coins. I keep thinking I'll set that up one of these days, but I don't know where to put it.

With this out of the way, my mind can get back down to business! Back to tractors!

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
FUTZ Canada

Post by FUTZ »

That does look sweet, my wife would approve, but, only one monitor!
thebuildist United States of America

Post by thebuildist »

I used to have more than one monitor in my cube at work. But the truth is I never really used the second one much. I don't do a lot with documents, it's primarily command shell activity. So for the most part I can only look at one screen at a time. The only time that's not true is if I'm googling how to do something tricky, and I have to flip back and forth between PuTTY and my web browser . Then it would be handy to have Google on the second screen.

But I've been working off a laptop screen these last however many months since COVID began, so a big monitor in front of my face feels like a lot of real estate.

Bob
"Never be afraid to try something new. How hard can it be?"
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

I use a couple of extra virtual screens on the same monitor. Three finger swipe to the left takes me to the right virtual screen.
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush: