Let’s build a road.

Shoot the breeze here.
JSinMO United States of America

Let’s build a road.

Post by JSinMO »

I decided we really need better access to our back field.
IMG_3747.jpeg
So I’m building a new creek crossing. Hard to tell in the picture but the creek bed is about 6 foot deep in the middle of that brush! :109:
IMG_3746.jpeg
I used big brother and a chain saw to clear the approach on either side.
IMG_3745.jpeg
Now I have to scrounge up some pipe then the real dirt work can begin! :thumbsup:
Eugen Canada

Re: Let’s build a road.

Post by Eugen »

You got some wilderness to tame there. What's the pipe for?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Nice looking picture of the Case there Jeff, it’s just waiting for the word. GO!

Noel

Post by JSinMO »

Eugen wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:46 pm You got some wilderness to tame there. What's the pipe for?
This is a wet weather creek, it only flow’s water when it’s rainy, but I have to consider that water flow. The pipe would lay in the creek just like a culvert pipe under a road. It may not be necessary I may be able to make a low water crossing which would be even easier. I think I need to clear the rest of the brush first so I can really see what I need to do.

Post by JSinMO »

I spend some time today working on the road. The Case 830 was rearing to go!
IMG_3759.jpeg
I pushed dirt for awhile and then I got stuck! :109: :30: I’ve alway had to be careful with this tractor it tends to spin out when backing up hill. Since this is the biggest piece of equipment we have it’s always an adventure getting it unstuck. I thought about what I could pull it out with, or maybe set up a come a long to a tree, but that seemed like a lot of work when instead I could just go get little brother and dig the 830 out!
IMG_3760.jpeg
You guys didn’t think I was going to do dirt work and leave the 648 out did you? :D
Worked great. I dug out around the tires and made a path with the backhoe and out it came! :thumbsup:
IMG_3761.jpeg
Since the 648 is already here I figured I’d get some dig time with it. This is hill side and I like to even it up a bit. Perfect opportunity to do some digging!
IMG_3768.jpeg
IMG_3767.jpeg
I still have a lot of dirt to move, I know it’s hard to tell in the pictures
IMG_3764.jpeg
But I’m getting there a little at a time and having fun doing it! After a few hours of work I think it’s actually starting to look like something!
IMG_3763.jpeg
The only casualty today was a broken and lost pin that held the stabilizer foot on.
IMG_3762.jpeg
I’m no where near the show that @RoamingGnome posted, so I figure I’ll have my own in the back yard!
Thankfully everything made it back to shop safe and sound!
IMG_3769.jpeg
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Sounds like a great fun day to me Jeff! When I get stuck with the 644 sometimes I can lift the front of the tractor by pushing the bucket downwards and then I roll the bucket.

That part you showed already looks like a road. Are gong to lay some gravel on it in time?
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:

Post by JSinMO »

Eugen wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:28 pm Sounds like a great fun day to me Jeff! When I get stuck with the 644 sometimes I can lift the front of the tractor by pushing the bucket downwards and then I roll the bucket.

That part you showed already looks like a road. Are gong to lay some gravel on it in time?
Even after dug it out with the backhoe I still had to use the bucket on the tractor to push out. There’s still a lot of work to do before I can drive anything across it. I’m thinking I’ll sow grass on it and mow it when it’s done.