Prepping for spring - a good time to be alive!

Shoot the breeze here.
Seabee United States of America

Prepping for spring - a good time to be alive!

Post by Seabee »

Well, so much for my spring plans! I fully retired from Crop Consulting and sold my soil sampling rig last December. Out of business! I am going to have lots of tie for my hobbies this late winter/early spring!

Please note the time I am writing this!

My wife comes home in Late February/early March after 3 weeks in Florida with my Daughter who lives in Jacksonville area. About a week later I come down with Covid, then a couple days later she also has Covid. We are given the 5 pak and told to take it and at the end of 5 days we should be go to do anything we wanted to do. Since we are retired and nothing better to do, we do projects around the house for 2 weeks and decide to venture out into the real world.

On Tuesday I got to emergency room with blood clot in my left leg. Young Dr says in my 5 years as a Dr I have never seen a clot that big. It went all the way from my groin to my left ankle. He proceeds to say "with a clot of that size we need to be concerned about it breaking apart and sending clots to your heart or lungs". "I would like to doe a CT scan of your lungs" By this time I am thinking it might be a good idea, also! So after the CT scan they decided they could definitely see small clots also in my lungs. Since I still had detectable Covid in their nostril swab, I got to spend 2 days in the Covid ward, without my wife being able to see me. After 2 days they decided my clots were responding to the blood thinners and other treatments well enough to send me home on Thursday!!

The following Monday I was back in Dr office with my left leg swollen bigger than when I left on Thursday. On Tuesday they did surgery to remove the clots and kept me another 2 days, this time not in the Covid ward! Sent me home on THURSDAY evening! Saw the Vascular surgeon a week later on Monday March 20th. He gives me permission to go on a trip to Florida with my brother for 2 weeks. We left on the 21st and traveled down US 41 all the way from Western Indiana to Florida. No Interstates involved, just the US highways (Our Highways prior to the Interstates).

We spent 2 1/2 days with my middle daughter and family in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, and headed home. We went to Charleston, SC and picked up US 52 and took it all the way to Indianapolis. At that point we did come up I 69 to Coldwater, Michigan where I live, Got home on Friday March 31st.

On Wednesday the 5th of April at 5:00 in the morning I awoke with very sharp pains in my chest. Yep, I was having a heart attack! Hadn't had one of those for 15 years! Came out of that with 1 new stint, and they bored out an old one that had plugged.

Overall I feel pretty good. Having a bit of trouble getting my legs to go where my brain tells them to go, but overall I am doing well. I started Cardiac rehab last week so hopefully my legs/brain issue will straighten things out. My wife and neighbor neither want me on the mower yet. A couple of the neighbors came over and removed the snowblower from my tractor and put mower deck on so they could mow the lawn without my help. Only used the snowblower once this past winter. Got to supervise the neighbors on how to mount the mower deck, and then couldn't hardly walk back to the house. It was at that point the wife and the neighbors decided I had no business on the mower yet!

Spring is here, the flowers are beautiful, I didn't get any of the projects finished I was going to get done prior to spring. But I am getting stronger, and will get something accomplished yet this summer!!

It is a good time to be alive!!

Bill
Bill Moyer
RoamingGnome Canada

Re: Prepping for spring - a good time to be alive!

Post by RoamingGnome »

Wow! indeed a good time to be alive! We'll try and keep you distracted on the computer while you build up your strength... thinking about all the projects you are going to do eventually...

Take Good Care of yourself, Sounds like you've been through the ringer... :cheers:
'68 Case 195, '84 Case 446, '88 Ingersoll 222 - and 1965 Case 530ck (fullsize backhoe)
Timj United States of America

Post by Timj »

Wow Bill, sure sorry to hear about all the fun you're having in retirement. Please take care of yourself and get back on your feet so you can start into all those projects you've been saving for retirement. Your getting better is job 1 right now. :highfive:
:geek: Tim
:446cart: let's go, it's finally time to blow. :peace:
Harry United States of America

Post by Harry »

Quite a story Bill. I think you need some time to get back to normal. You’ll definitely be in my prayers. :please: Keep us posted on your recovery. :peace: Harry
Last edited by Harry on Mon May 08, 2023 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1973 444, 1974 644, 1976 446, 1977 646, 1986 226
JSinMO United States of America

Post by JSinMO »

Man you’ve had one heck of a time. I’m glad you’re on the road to recovery. I’ve been dealing with long Covid for over a year now but it’s nothing like what you’ve e been through in such a short time. I have to take breaks sometimes now to catch my breath and I get tired.

I sure hope you’re back on your feet getting projects done soon. Hopefully we can keep you occupied in the mean time!
Eugen Canada

Post by Eugen »

Thank you for sharing Bill. I pray for a quick return to good health and strength hoping to see you enjoying your tractors soon! :wave3:
Case 224, 444, 644, 680E
Kubota B26 :blush:
propane1 Canada

Post by propane1 »

Nasty few months Bill. Things well get better. Take it easy for a bit.

Noel
Spike188 Canada

Post by Spike188 »

Bill, best wishes on your recovery. Relax and watch spring roll in. It can be a tough transition, watching others do our chores and putting off for tomorrow what we once would do today.
Spike Colt - 9 & 10, Case - 108, 118, 444, 446, 448, 646, 646bh, Ingersoll 4016, 4118AH
MattA United States of America

Post by MattA »

Glad your still with us Bill. Hang in there and get some rest.
Ingersoll 4016